You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 3:46pm
Now this forum is complaining that too many tickets have been sold LOL
Sponsored Links

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 3:58pm
Gavan Reilly reporting that it falls under the new anti-touting legislation from midnight tonight. Hopefully that kills all the viagogo sales, but I wouldn't hold my breath
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

You do realise that the forum does not speak as one voice and that anyone can register and post on here and as a result you get a mixture of opinions on Irish football.  I would have thought that was obvious but I have seen this sort of comment before about other topics and it’s baffling. 

Edited by Baldrick - 27 Oct 2021 at 4:11pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

You do realise that the forum does not speak as one voice and that anyone can register and post on here and as a result you get a mixture of opinions on Irish football.  I would have thought that was obvious but I have seen this sort of comment before about other topics and it’s baffling. 

I agree.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:24pm
Portugese away end is now sold out.
One of the lads paid for 4 and got an email to say they'll be sent electronically on November 8th.
dd19 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dd19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:29pm
I got 2 and the same email. Wonder how many Irish got them today in that end. Thanks to the lad who posted the link
dd19 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dd19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:50pm
thanks for the link  , got 2 no problem, its sold out now so I guess a load of people went on there
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think the whole 'event junkies wanting to see Ronaldo' is a bit OTT. It's one part of the attraction but I would say for the vast majority it's about one of the big teams coming to town, atmosphere generally great for these games and a shock win against them would be a great irish night. Its the same any time a big team comes to town and I doubt you would get a load of tickets becoming available just because Ronaldo suddenly became unavailable. 

I disagree.  If Ronaldo gets injured playing for Man United over the next few weeks, you will see a lot of Ireland vs. Portugal tickets suddenly becoming available.  And all those complaining about not being able to get tickets will mysteriously disappear.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

I think the whole 'event junkies wanting to see Ronaldo' is a bit OTT. It's one part of the attraction but I would say for the vast majority it's about one of the big teams coming to town, atmosphere generally great for these games and a shock win against them would be a great irish night. Its the same any time a big team comes to town and I doubt you would get a load of tickets becoming available just because Ronaldo suddenly became unavailable. 

I disagree.  If Ronaldo gets injured playing for Man United over the next few weeks, you will see a lot of Ireland vs. Portugal tickets suddenly becoming available.  And all those complaining about not being able to get tickets will mysteriously disappear.

Doubt it . There would be a small demand because of Ronaldo I'm sure but the majority of the demand is because  its a bit international match against a big dog and we have been starved of matches in full stadium for a couple years
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 10:15am

Not a hope. We sell oiut to any medium sized name, Denmark in 2017 and 2019, Austria, Serbia , Wales and even Moldova in 2017, Poland in 2015, This was going to be a sellout whether Ronaldo was retired or not
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Not a hope. We sell oiut to any medium sized name, Denmark in 2017 and 2019, Austria, Serbia , Wales and even Moldova in 2017, Poland in 2015, This was going to be a sellout whether Ronaldo was retired or not

I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. I would know of a few people wanting to bring their kids because of Ronaldo is playing against Ireland. If we were playing against somebody less high profile, I'm not sure they would want to be going. 
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 10:39am
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Gavan Reilly reporting that it falls under the new anti-touting legislation from midnight tonight. Hopefully that kills all the viagogo sales, but I wouldn't hold my breath

They have removed the listing from the site so looks like that's the case
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 10:43am
I think the fact it's the first game in a full stadium after the couple years we've had is a much bigger factor, but even discounting that, we always sell out against any of the big nations and there is always, always moaners about tickets. Spain or Italy at home would easily be a sellout as well and neither of them have a star like Ronaldo. It's just how it is. 

I'm sure there are a few going to see Ronaldo or bringing their kids to see him, but if it wasn't Portugal or if he was injured/suspended, it'd still be a sellout and there'd still be a big scramble. 

Edited by notpropaganda73 - 28 Oct 2021 at 10:44am
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. I would know of a few people wanting to bring their kids because of Ronaldo is playing against Ireland. If we were playing against somebody less high profile, I'm not sure they would want to be going. 

But then somebody else would take those tickets. Yes there are some Ronaldo fanboys but as has been said, our games against the top seeds generally sell out or thereabouts. It's a bit different this time as we can't qualify but still people are turning out. It's great to see.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:11am

This game sold out in minutes with massive demand.  Only the Denmark playoff came close in recent memory.  

I think demand would drop a lot without Ronaldo but it would probably still be close to a full house.  

There is a new kind of football fan who follows players now rather than clubs.  I noticed it at the 2018 World Cup with Messi and Ronaldo.  A huge majority of the crowd at Portugal v Morocco was there for Ronaldo.    It is common in American sports.  I spent a lot of time in the Bay Area (near San Francisco) in the late 90's and got into baseball then.  Mark McGwire was a superstar then and loads showed up in his gear when the Cardinals came to town. 

We had Messi in town 11 years ago but not the same demand.  

It is likely to be the last chance we will get to see him in Dublin.    This is a factor.  
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:22am
I think a lot more tickets were picked up in the Pre sales than people may realise. Created an impression of a quick sell out Tuesday. But there were f**k all tickets to pick up 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:32am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think a lot more tickets were picked up in the Pre sales than people may realise. Created an impression of a quick sell out Tuesday. But there were f**k all tickets to pick up 

Lad in work just told me he got 4 with the FAI staff code so I'd agree with you.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
There are probably no more that 15k Irish fans as a core who will support the team, come what may.  Most of these will have STs.   There will always some more that cherrypick big games, some who want to be entertained, others who want to see their club heroes in the flesh. A big factor this time is that there has been nothing to go to for 18 months and we are desperate for a day out.  Expect a lot of kids at this.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
  Share Topic