You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

At the risk of upsetting lots of people on here (easily done!), why should a season ticket holder get to buy two tickets? You paid for one season ticket, so you get one ticket for a match. Maybe in times gone by when the FAI couldn't sell out the stadium the season ticket holders got an 'extra' reward for being so loyal, but it does seem odd to carry on that situation.

I'd rather be able to just buy for my mates season tickets one each or better still just give us our seats LOL
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm

At the risk of upsetting lots of people on here (easily done!), why should a season ticket holder get to buy two tickets? You paid for one season ticket, so you get one ticket for a match. Maybe in times gone by when the FAI couldn't sell out the stadium the season ticket holders got an 'extra' reward for being so loyal, but it does seem odd to carry on that situation.
It is also less likely that a season ticket holderwould pass on a ticket to a tout so the less that go on general sale the better also it encourages season ticket sales going forward.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:03pm

Because companies reward loyalty and up front payment with additional benefits, and this may be one of them. IF indeed, that is the case.

I buy a season ticket for three reasons: 1) because I like going to football matches 2) because I get to sit in the same seat beside my friends every time and 3) so I can relax and be assured that every couple of years when a big fixture comes up and loads of people are panicking I'll definitely be getting a ticket
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:12pm

Good call. Treat your regular revenue stream the same as some Ronaldo fan boy who thinks Ireland are sh*t!🤔
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:12pm
I've been wating to get a season ticket myself for ages but they havent been on sale. I'm all for them, they are a common feature of football clubs. When a big cup semi final comes around for Liverpool for example though, I cant imagine the season ticket holders there get to buy two tickets... its just an odd situation with Ireland, and one I'd imagine mightnt last after the November matches. To be fair, the lads with season tickets and going along all these years to watch the sh*te football we've played should well be rewarded!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:18pm

I've been wating to get a season ticket myself for ages but they havent been on sale. I'm all for them, they are a common feature of football clubs. When a big cup semi final comes around for Liverpool for example though, I cant imagine the season ticket holders there get to buy two tickets... its just an odd situation with Ireland, and one I'd imagine mightnt last after the November matches. To be fair, the lads with season tickets and going along all these years to watch the sh*te football we've played should well be rewarded!

They should be compensated for their inevitable neck injuries!
Idah Dream!
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:20pm

So ST holders shouldn't be rewarded because its not how Liverpool would operate it, but they should for what they've had to watch down the years? Which should it be?

Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

They should be compensated for their inevitable neck injuries!

Clap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:23pm

Not a comparable situation though - You can't get a season ticket for Liverpool.
You can have as many as you like for Ireland. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

So ST holders shouldn't be rewarded because its not how Liverpool would operate it, but they should for what they've had to watch down the years? Which should it be?

I only used Liverpool as an example. I could have mentioned any club in the world. And my 2nd comment was meant as humour.... If I buy 1 Season Ticket in Jan 2022, will I get to get two tickets for every game, forever... How long do lads think the current situation should last?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:33pm
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy a father and son season ticket, so we can sit together, nipper is 11 now. I used to go to practically every home game from the early 80s until the mid-Trappatoni era, when I got bored with the negative approach and I haven't been tempted back since, but if Kenny (or similar) gets the gig, I fully intend to get one for 2022.
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:37pm
ST holders & members in most clubs get preferential treatment. They keep the clubs/teams going during bad times & get rewarded for such. 
Bohs & Rovers for example members get looked after, then ST holders then a general sale. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:14pm

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy a father and son season ticket, so we can sit together, nipper is 11 now. I used to go to practically every home game from the early 80s until the mid-Trappatoni era, when I got bored with the negative approach and I haven't been tempted back since, but if Kenny (or similar) gets the gig, I fully intend to get one for 2022.
Well technically it would be an adult and child ST but yes, it is of course possible.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:14pm

Yea I think it was 50 quid extra to add a child onto your ticket last year. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

I only used Liverpool as an example. I could have mentioned any club in the world. And my 2nd comment was meant as humour.... If I buy 1 Season Ticket in Jan 2022, will I get to get two tickets for every game, forever... How long do lads think the current situation should last?
No, you will get the option to purchase extras, you don’t automatically get an extra ticket. In normal capacity times, any extra tickets you bought were for unallocated seats not held by ST holders or other stakeholders. I dont personally usually use the option to purchase extras but its a great little perk and one that should last indefinitely. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:23pm

They haven’t been on sale since covid, if you wanted one before that you would have had no problem. Your comparing apples and oranges using an EPL club as an example against our MNT. Im not surprised though given the bit in bold.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

They haven’t been on sale since covid, if you wanted one before that you would have had no problem. Your comparing apples and oranges using an EPL club as an example against our MNT. Im not surprised though given the bit in bold.

Ah Sham, thats a bit harsh. There's lots of genuine Irish football fans like me who wouldnt have been impressed with the type of football in the Trap and O'Neill eras. And it doesnt make practical sense for lads living down the country like I am, with busy jobs, small families etc to be able to utilise a season ticket. As I've said, absolutely no problem with season tickets. Fully appreciate the sacrifice lads have made down the years by keeping em while we were struggling as an international side. I'm not some closet Ronaldo fan either who's dying to get a ticket to see him on Nov 11th. If I get my hands on a ticket, it will be to support the Boys in Green. I wont be the only one looking to get a season ticket once they come on sale next year, lots of positivity back in Irish football.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:07pm
My point of sorts is that, as many regular match goers will Im sure confirm, the bit in bold is what we listen to regularly when match days approach and come and go. It is usually from the same sort of genius that then come asking about tickets when the likes of Ronaldo come to town, or indeed are suddenly hige fans for years when we qualify.

I appreciate the circumstances of people are different and despite many fans in similar circumstances coming from every corner and in between to games in Dublin regularly, it does not suit everyone and Im not judging in that regard. Where I take some umbrage is your issue with the reward which is a presale for extra tickets. There will always still be a public presale regardless (where full stadiums are possible) so non ST holders will still have a chance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 30>
  Share Topic