FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think the whole 'event junkies wanting to see Ronaldo' is a bit OTT. It's one part of the attraction but I would say for the vast majority it's about one of the big teams coming to town, atmosphere generally great for these games and a shock win against them would be a great irish night. Its the same any time a big team comes to town and I doubt you would get a load of tickets becoming available just because Ronaldo suddenly became unavailable. 

Absolutely, we sold out 26k for a Qatar friendly, there's a lot of people who don't do friendlies so it'd have been closer to 35k-40k even if it was a Qatar qualifier.

People are going because Ireland are playing good football and scoring goals again, not for Ronaldo
Sponsored Links

The Fly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

What sort of €€€ is this worth to the FAI? Great that it's a sellout. Hopefully season ticket numbers rise too 

It's reported to be worth €1.2 million now that it's a sellout

The benefit of the capacity going from 25k to 50k was €1.2 million, so 2.4 million is a reasonable guess. Average of €48 a ticket. 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think the whole 'event junkies wanting to see Ronaldo' is a bit OTT. It's one part of the attraction but I would say for the vast majority it's about one of the big teams coming to town, atmosphere generally great for these games and a shock win against them would be a great irish night. Its the same any time a big team comes to town and I doubt you would get a load of tickets becoming available just because Ronaldo suddenly became unavailable. 

I'd agree totally. People are way overestimating the idea that thousands of Man U fans will turn up just to see Ronaldo. The reason this match is a sell out is because there is genuine optimism in the country now again around the football team. People are also mad keen to get along to matches after months of no live sport.

Edited by greenshoots - 27 Oct 2021 at 11:47am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:35am

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:14am
I would think there is also a large percentage it’s the first big thing in the country since things opened up and people are just delighted to have something todo and a Thursday night people will take the Friday off and make a night of it.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Yeah there was just over 40k at both of those combined. Also a lot of season ticket holders gave them up because of Covid too so missed outDead

?? there hasn't been a season ticket since 2019-20.. covid didn't exist the last time they were on sale.. 
That is exactly my point. A lot trying to be smart saying that they had a season ticket but didn’t renew it since Covid yet they managed to catch themselves out.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Event junkies wanting to see CRonaldo play LOL

It's mad LOL

I have seen him live four times for Manchester United this season and he doesn't really do much tbh. 
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Yeah there was just over 40k at both of those combined. Also a lot of season ticket holders gave them up because of Covid too so missed outDead

?? there hasn't been a season ticket since 2019-20.. covid didn't exist the last time they were on sale.. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:03am
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Never seen so much bitterness about match tickets 

All over social media people bitching and moaning how they didn't get a ticket. Season ticket holders had there chance along with other presales 

It was look of the draw dis morning

It's amazing how so many people have been to "all the matches" considering we didn't have more than 26k at any game so far this year.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:57am

https://bilheteira.fpf.pt/checkOut/1241

came across this on the Facebook Ireland supporters group, are Portugal fans not allowed travel or something ?. Seems to be a public sale and you can select 'Irish or Portugal' supporter 
Irish based Portugal supporter i'd imagine. Lost in translation i'd say. Either way. Fill your boots.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 27 Oct 2021 at 9:58am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

All over social media people bitching and moaning how they didn't get a ticket. Season ticket holders had there chance along with other presales 

It's amazing how so many people have been to "all the matches" considering we didn't have more than 26k at any game so far this year.

Last pre covid games Bulgaria 25k New Zealand 15k 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

came across this on the Facebook Ireland supporters group, are Portugal fans not allowed travel or something ?. Seems to be a public sale and you can select 'Irish or Portugal' supporter 

Eu citizens can travel freely I would say, might be more the cost of a night or 2 in Dublin 
So if you have a Portuguese address you can apply for away end tickets. Irish Bars in the Algarve can apply too.. this is getting better.Wink 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:44am

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:41am

Eu citizens can travel freely I would say, might be more the cost of a night or 2 in Dublin 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:37am

Edited by Healy52003 - 27 Oct 2021 at 12:44am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 11:27pm
Laughable that the new law on touting hasn’t been applied to this event! But sure it was a nice photo op during the summer for the boys!
eamon666 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eamon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 11:16pm
Is he a Season Ticket Holder?
donalm318 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalm318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 10:21pm
Seen someone mention we can get tickets in the away end from the Portuguese FA. Do you reckon we would get in that way or would they cop it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
  Share Topic