Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 159>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 11:46am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Didn't make it off the bench against Chelsea last night, were a man down from 60 mins

Think they have 2 more games in the US
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 11:51am
Ferguson is miles ahead of Hojlund. Miles I tell ya

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 23 Jul 2023 at 11:51am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 12:12pm
And you're talking what at least £60m if Hojlund moves this summer.

Edited by J89 - 23 Jul 2023 at 12:13pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

This is the thing. There is such a dearth of centre forwards that clubs will fancy getting a lad with the right attributes and showing potential and back themselves to make a 9 from him for a long time. 

I read a couple of analysis pieces on Hojlund which referenced his link up, pace, size, shooting off either foot and his movement. 

There's Sesko at RB who seems to fit into this broad, young striker category. Whether Ferguson is as good as them now or will be in the future is yet to be determined but it is incredibly exciting that it is reasonable to stick him in this category. 

This season will tell a lot. I can see a serious amount of attention coming his way if he manages to come near turning a pro rated 22/23 into a full season of 12 goals in 38 games... 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

This is the thing. There is such a dearth of centre forwards that clubs will fancy getting a lad with the right attributes and showing potential and back themselves to make a 9 from him for a long time. 

I read a couple of analysis pieces on Hojlund which referenced his link up, pace, size, shooting off either foot and his movement. 

There's Sesko at RB who seems to fit into this broad, young striker category. Whether Ferguson is as good as them now or will be in the future is yet to be determined but it is incredibly exciting that it is reasonable to stick him in this category. 

This season will tell a lot. I can see a serious amount of attention coming his way if he manages to come near turning a pro rated 22/23 into a full season of 12 goals in 38 games... 

Ferguson is much better than Sesko! Sesko had a really poor season last year! Ferguson is the most exciting teenage number 9 in the World, no question! Would love to see him move to United.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Ferguson is much better than Sesko! Sesko had a really poor season last year! Ferguson is the most exciting teenage number 9 in the World, no question! Would love to see him move to United.
Settle 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 2:45pm

I wouldn't say Sesko had a poor year, sure he scored 16 goals.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Poor maybe a bit harsh but a lot more was expected of him, started the season slow and wasn’t a guaranteed starter! Finished with 16 goals in the league but didn’t do anything in the champions league, also didn’t nail down a starting position for Slovenia! I remember following a Salzburg account on twitter and he was very critical of his performances.

Also Sesko and Hojlund are both 20, Ferguson is still only 18.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 9:28pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Poor maybe a bit harsh but a lot more was expected of him, started the season slow and wasn’t a guaranteed starter! Finished with 16 goals in the league but didn’t do anything in the champions league, also didn’t nail down a starting position for Slovenia! I remember following a Salzburg account on twitter and he was very critical of his performances.

Also Sesko and Hojlund are both 20, Ferguson is still only 18.

He scored 18 goals from 29 starts for Salzburg. I'd say a bit harsh is mild.

He has started Slovenia's last 11 games. He's scored 5 goals and provided 3 assists from those games.

He's 17 months older than Ferguson. Both are top ST prospects.

United hasn't been a good place for young attackers to develop since Ferguson left. He's much better off developing at Brighton. There's no rush. Time is on his side. He needs to be smart with his career path like Haaland.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 2:18pm

Eventually moves to United for a fee of £72m supposedly.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:06pm

mad money, Copenhagen sold him for 1.8m 18 months ago. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:08pm
mad that Evan is only 18, extremely rare for a striker to make the impact he has at that age. He seems to have the right attitude to kick on. Hopefully he can put the head down, work hard and kick on. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Hojlund is a good player. Whether hes worth that we will see. Some transfers amaze me. You look at Pulisic going to AC Milan for 22 million. Peanuts for a player of that quality these days. Think hes an excellent player myself. Great bit of business by Milan.
I love beer gardens
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Hojlund is a good player. Whether hes worth that we will see. Some transfers amaze me. You look at Pulisic going to AC Milan for 22 million. Peanuts for a player of that quality these days. Think hes an excellent player myself. Great bit of business by Milan.
Good on his day but not consistent enough for the top top level. Has problems staying fit too. That being said I agree 22m is very good business from Milan. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:54pm

Ouch - I hope Copenhagen included a decent sell on as part of that deal.

Just looking at his stats, I'm sure he's a good player and everything, but 10 goals in 34 games at 20 for Atalanta - it's good but not amazing.

For comparison Ferguson was 10 in 25 last season for Brighton including a lot of sub appearances, almost two years younger and playing in a stronger league. If Hojlund is going for £72m, what could Ferguson be worth next summer if he has another season of double figure goals for Brighton?

Edited by You Tell Me - 30 Jul 2023 at 11:03pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ouch - I hope Copenhagen included a decent sell on as part of that deal.

They sold him to Sturm Graz and 12 months later they sold him to Atalanta for €17m. Copenhagen will get a few quid from this transfer but Sturm Graz better hope they've a good sell on clause.

Looking it up and 5% of the transfer fee is taken as solidarity payment and spilt between the club's that trained him between the ages of 12 and 23. Copenhagen should get most of it as he only spent a year at Gruz.

Edited by J89 - 30 Jul 2023 at 11:16pm
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 1:10pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 1:24pm
Haven't heard much about Evan during pre-season, has he been playing much?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 159>
  Share Topic