You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 159>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:32pm
Is Ferguson fast lads? I can't work it out.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Is Ferguson fast lads? I can't work it out.

He has that explosive burst of speed over first ten yards! 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 20 Jun 2023 at 1:35pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:48pm
44th on European Golden Boy list, will be higher next year more than likely 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 2:39pm
Thought that was low to be honest. Not saying he should be winning the thing or anything, but he was the standout teenager in the Premier League this year by a distance. Looking at the list it doesn't seem to take account of the strength of the league - I'd say a good few of the lads ahead of him will never do much outside their own countries.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 2:55pm
He played some great passes last night too, Smallbone missed a few ones he layed off to him. His movement and ability to bring other players into play is going to be very valuable against teams that are better than us.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

He played some great passes last night too, Smallbone missed a few ones he layed off to him. His movement and ability to bring other players into play is going to be very valuable against teams that are better than us.

He's clearly a super talent, one of the best young prospects in the PL and therefore the world, but he had a relatively poor game vs Greece, particularly first half and he wasnt great first half last night either. Now we can point to the dysfunctional midfield or to his striking partners as being the primary reason for that etc., but I think we all need to remember he is only 18 and there are likely to be bumps along the way.

Durability has yet to be proven, can he start week in, week out at the highest level and not succumb to knocks, strains etc. We have seen how persistent injury issues can significantly hamper a players development and confidence - Idah and to a lesser extent perhaps Connolly. There's nothing yet to suggest this might be a particular problem in Evan's case, but I just think we all need to settle down a little, myself included having earlier compared him to Haaland (I think with a bit of luck he might be in that class). Let's see how his first full season playing mens football at the highest level pans out.
Idah Dream!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 5:46am
He's very good (and will only get better) in all areas of the game. Maybe doesn't have the pace that Haaland has over a long distance but is quick enough over the first 10/15 yards to get away with that. His link-play, hold-up play, physicality, heading ability and his shooting are all of a high level.

Players are always going to pick up knocks, strains, etc but he seems to have a great ability to recover very quickly. Especially when you compare him to how Idah and Connolly and the amount of injuries they've accumulated and how long it's taken them to come back.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:43am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He's very good (and will only get better) in all areas of the game. Maybe doesn't have the pace that Haaland has over a long distance but is quick enough over the first 10/15 yards to get away with that. His link-play, hold-up play, physicality, heading ability and his shooting are all of a high level.

Players are always going to pick up knocks, strains, etc but he seems to have a great ability to recover very quickly. Especially when you compare him to how Idah and Connolly and the amount of injuries they've accumulated and how long it's taken them to come back.

The point is that at 18, neither Idah or Connolly looked to have injury issues. It is only when you start to play regularly that these issues begin to surface. Let's hope Evan is bombproof.
Idah Dream!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 9:55pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 11:31pm
Fergie on the bench to start with against Chelsea in the US of A
I love beer gardens
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

on the long list for the golden boy award 

Vote here 

I almost gave up trying to vote 
Too long a list that 

Edited by McG - 22 Jul 2023 at 11:58pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 9:53am
I wonder how Rasmus Hojlund and Evan Ferguson compare on a talent and achievement level. Hojlund is less than two years older than Evan and is apparently attracting interest from PSG and Manchester United. Ferguson's second half of 22/23 would have seen him the same age as Hojlund for the first half of his 21/22. Hojlund was goalless in Denmark. Even Hojlund's form in Serie A last season and goal to game ratio compares beneath Evan's. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I wonder how Rasmus Hojlund and Evan Ferguson compare on a talent and achievement level. Hojlund is less than two years older than Evan and is apparently attracting interest from PSG and Manchester United. Ferguson's second half of 22/23 would have seen him the same age as Hojlund for the first half of his 21/22. Hojlund was goalless in Denmark. Even Hojlund's form in Serie A last season and goal to game ratio compares beneath Evan's. 

Young players don't all develop at the same rate.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Correct. Just look at young Doherty.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 10:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Correct. Just look at young Doherty.

ffs LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 11:20am
Didn't make it off the bench against Chelsea last night, were a man down from 60 mins
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 11:37am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Didn't make it off the bench against Chelsea last night, were a man down from 60 mins

De Zerbi said before the game in a press conference Ferguson wouldn’t feature as he wasn’t ready yet.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 11:43am

I was clearly spitballing and said "I wonder". And I also compared Ferguson now to Hojlund now and Ferguson now to Hojlund at Ferguson's age so I used a few variables.

Thanks for stating the obvious though. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 23 Jul 2023 at 11:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 159>
  Share Topic