You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 159>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 2:29pm
Has to be in with a shout of making the squad now surely
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 3:18pm
Evan Vergessen Ireland ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Evan Vergessen Ireland ? 

I noticed De Zerbi shouting Eh Von from sideline last night
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Assuming he gets more game time between now and the squad announcement, and given the standard of our other forwards, I'd be hoping for him to start the match never mind just make the squad. I think most would see his inclusion in the squad as a given at this point*.

*Given some of the bed wetting that's been going on here I am, just to be clear, referring to the Ireland squad
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Assuming he gets more game time between now and the squad announcement, and given the standard of our other forwards, I'd be hoping for him to start the match never mind just make the squad. I think most would see his inclusion in the squad as a given at this point*.

*Given some of the bed wetting that's been going on here I am, just to be clear, referring to the Ireland squad

Assuming he continues to get decent minutes between now and then, I'd say Kenny will be lynched if he doesnt start him!
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I actually thought his comment was tongue in cheek about making the squad so I let it slide, Ferguson is the most inform player, I would be very surprised and concerned if he wasn't starting, let alone making the squad.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:19pm
Rain Man will still pick Parrott
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:21pm
Of course he'll make the squad ffs LOL

Even the Branch Kennyians wouldn't be able to defend him if he didn't name Ferguson in the squad. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Rain Man will still pick Parrott

Rain man LOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 7:41pm
Even if he didn't play another minute between now and March 27th I would still start him. Only 3 weeks out and he's performing regularly at a higher level than most (maybe all) of our other players.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:33pm
Quiet first half but really coming into it in the second half with some lovely flicks and link up play. Probably should have scored from a ball across the 6 yard box though, the defender got his foot around to get it away but he probably should have been there a second earlier for a tap in.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:45pm
Another excellent performance, led the line brilliantly! Brighton are a lovely team to watch.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:51pm
Would have Shirley had a penalty if March didn’t poke the second home
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:49am
Hooked off at 68 minutes for Welbeck. Dry patch continues. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, he'll be at PNE before you know it like the rest of them.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 11:00am
Hasn’t scored in his last two starts. Another hype merchant!! 

All jokes aside he wasn’t at his best yesterday I thought and Leeds did a proper job nullifying him. His endeavour and work rate off the ball more then made up for that mind and as a result of them trying to mark Ferguson out the game McAllister found himself with the freedom of the park in behind him. 

Brighton left the game behind them. Had numerous chances.

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Mar 2023 at 11:01am
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 11:59am

After Ferguson subbed they conceded and Welbeck despite good play in the build up hooked one over the bar he should have got on target, did an understated role up top while he was on, had one or two 50/50 frees not given and he would have had a peno but for McAllisters goal, not his best game, but playing at Elland road as an 18 yo hardly call it a bad game either
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

After Ferguson subbed they conceded and Welbeck despite good play in the build up hooked one over the bar he should have got on target, did an understated role up top while he was on, had one or two 50/50 frees not given and he would have had a peno but for McAllisters goal, not his best game, but playing at Elland road as an 18 yo hardly call it a bad game either

It was a very tactical game. Leeds decided they would to pack 3 players into Brightons box set up. It stopped a lot of ball through the middle. Evan did fantastically to help Brighton keep dominance in the game.
He worked Leeds defence a hell of a lot more than Wellbeck. Not sure if anyone noticed Leeds instantly get a bigger foothold in the game when he came off. Because the defenders were able to jump in to cut the balls out through the middle and intercept at a much higher frequency. Watch De Zerbis reaction to Evan coming off... He was f**king delighted with him. It was a serious shift but a lot will miss the bits of the 9's play that doesn't involve them having the ball. That is usually 88 mins of the game.

Leeds fan here and was happy to see Wellbeck appear. Also Elland road is the nastiest home crowd in the league.
Savage contribution from an 18 year old.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 12:59pm
I think what's promising about Ferguson is that even in the games where he's not getting chances, he still involves himself and does good work in general play. He's never anonymous.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 159>
  Share Topic