Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 159>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

It wont take much for him to deserve to start v France, given the state of our other attackers this season.

3 of our strikers are in the top 20 goalscorers in the Championship, and another has 9 goal involvements in 15 games. If anything, our striking options are looking better than they have in quite some time.

We are playing France in March not Hull.

What does that have to do with anything? The argument was that none of our strikers are playing well, but the reality is that we have more strikers playing well than we have in some time. We can only work.with what we have, and what we have now if quite a few guys playing well at a good level.

Edited by The O'Shea - 04 Jan 2023 at 3:32pm
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It wont take much for him to deserve to start v France, given the state of our other attackers this season.

3 of our strikers are in the top 20 goalscorers in the Championship, and another has 9 goal involvements in 15 games. If anything, our striking options are looking better than they have in quite some time.

We are playing France in March not Hull.

What does that have to do with anything? The argument was that none of our strikers are playing well, but the reality is that we have more strikers playing well than we have in some time. We can only work.with what we have, and what we have now if quite a few guys playing well at a good level.

Will Keane and Scott Hogan are not the answer!

Ferguson is miles ahead of both even at the age of 18.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Keane, Hogan and who?

Was Ogbene but he's moved down the list.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Keane, Hogan and who?

Was Ogbene but he's moved down the list.

Ah, that's it...yeah, gone off the boil, along with his team who are falling like a stone.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:54pm
Every lad on here knows that Keane and Hogan are not even worth considering in the conversation.

Our real striking options, Obafemi, Parrott, Idah, Ogbene and Robinson have had seasons ranging from decent to downright atrocious at Championship level.

If Ferguson can put together a run of games and get a goals to game record of say, 1 in 3 between now and the France game he would have to be straight in.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 3:58pm
I don’t see Keane as a long long term option but as a short to medium term option I have no issue with him while some of the younger lads gradually develop! 

He’s goalscoring record is very good now that he has got a clear run with fitness for the first time in his career! Actually looking forward to seeing what sort of move he manufactures this summer will be moving on I think no matter Wigans situation! 

Let Ferguson develop away he’s only turned 18! Obviously if he plays weekly for Brighton between now and March he will be in the squad! Will he start over a fit Parrott and Obafemi who knows! 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Jan 2023 at 3:59pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 6:05pm

Every lad on here knows that Keane and Hogan are not even worth considering in the conversation.

Our real striking options, Obafemi, Parrott, Idah, Ogbene and Robinson have had seasons ranging from decent to downright atrocious at Championship level.

If Ferguson can put together a run of games and get a goals to game record of say, 1 in 3 between now and the France game he would have to be straight in.

Oh just the 1 in 3 from now until March in the PL. Not much then. As of last night hes our number 1 striker in my mind. If the game was tomorrow i would want him to start. Simple.
I love beer gardens
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 7:27pm
Knowing our usual luck, he will be injured the week before fixtures.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:45pm

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Ooh he has English blood that must be tough to handle for some. He has to be tainted now ... as we all know the presence of any relation to England means you can't be a proud irishman.

He'll have to tread extra carefully less the green gestapo catch a whiff of disloyalty off him alright LOL
Well works both ways, certain people seem to think someone's national identity is derived from where their relatives come from and what national characteristics their blood is. Could still do a Declan Rice yet! Two English grandparents = half English isn't that the way the formula works? Or is that only the other way round?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Ooh he has English blood that must be tough to handle for some. He has to be tainted now ... as we all know the presence of any relation to England means you can't be a proud irishman.

He'll have to tread extra carefully less the green gestapo catch a whiff of disloyalty off him alright LOL
Well works both ways, certain people seem to think someone's national identity is derived from where their relatives come from and what national characteristics their blood is. Could still do a Declan Rice yet! Two English grandparents = half English isn't that the way the formula works? Or is that only the other way round?

Eh?
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:10pm
That’s poor Evan f**ked anyways! Here’s me thinking the hype wasn’t actually that bad compared to usual! 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:37pm
Would've been delighted with loan moves to Burnley and Blackburn up until a week ago!: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11599925/amp/Brighton-set-snub-loan-offers-Ferguson-striker-18-join-Zerbis-team-squad.html

But Brighton want to keep him for the rest of the season.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Would've been delighted with loan moves to Burnley and Blackburn up until a week ago!: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11599925/amp/Brighton-set-snub-loan-offers-Ferguson-striker-18-join-Zerbis-team-squad.html

Burnley would have been a lovely spot! Well run club doing well playing good football! Brighton will of course hold onto him now!

Im not saying he doesn’t look the part he does but stupid comments like above don’t help the kid! Same fella will be sticking the knife in as soon as he goes through the inevitable quiet spell all young attackers have!

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 2:02am

Eh?
Fair trade for getting the great Will Keane to come on board don't you think?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:26am

Eh?
Fair trade for getting the great Will Keane to come on board don't you think?

Whatever you say Confused
We're decent enough..
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 11:46am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Burnley would have been a lovely spot! Well run club doing well playing good football! Brighton will of course hold onto him now!

Im not saying he doesn’t look the part he does but stupid comments like above don’t help the kid! Same fella will be sticking the knife in as soon as he goes through the inevitable quiet spell all young attackers have!

What a difference a season makes , last season everyone hated ( well most on here )the way they played and now after half a season under VK everyone likes them .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:48pm

This might sound bad, but I don’t mean it in a bad way but I don’t like the idea of English born lads declaring for us when they’re in their late 20s and coming straight in up front. It’s a very depressing sign of where we are at the moment. If we’re that bad for strikers just take the top scorer in the LOI and put him in up front. Can’t be any worse than bringing in Scot Hogan or Will Keane. Who was the other fella who was about 33 and played for about 40 clubs? He came in for a couple of games and I’d never heard of him before. Can’t think of his name at all.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

This might sound bad, but I don’t mean it in a bad way but I don’t like the idea of English born lads declaring for us when they’re in their late 20s and coming straight in up front. It’s a very depressing sign of where we are at the moment. If we’re that bad for strikers just take the top scorer in the LOI and put him in up front. Can’t be any worse than bringing in Scot Hogan or Will Keane. Who was the other fella who was about 33 and played for about 40 clubs? He came in for a couple of games and I’d never heard of him before. Can’t think of his name at all.

Jon Macken?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 159>
  Share Topic