You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 159>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 12:03pm
Best think for Evan at this stage is to get away with us and hopefully put in a performance and get a goal. 
Didn't see how he got on last night, but he just doesn't look comfortable at the moment in the games where he has played parts. 
We can put it down to Brighton missing players that Ferguson was playing well with and the current style is not suiting him but even his touch is letting down when he does get it from the bits I've been seeing and he doesn't have smile on his face. 

I am seeing nothing at the moment that is making me think, this lad is a super star. It seems like a confidence thing. 
I hope it's not a lifestyle issue also. I have nothing to say there is an issue there, but with my pessimistic speculative hat on, his form nose-dived when he got a new contract and bought a new house and got driving license and car. So there are big changes happening for him off the pitch that I hope have not interfered with his game. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Mar 2024 at 12:05pm
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Best think for Evan at this stage is to get away with us and hopefully put in a performance and get a goal. 
Didn't see how he got on last night, but he just doesn't look comfortable at the moment in the games where he has played parts. 
We can put it down to Brighton missing players that Ferguson was playing well with and the current style is not suiting him but even his touch is letting down when he does get it from the bits I've been seeing and he doesn't have smile on his face. 

I am seeing nothing at the moment that is making me think, this lad is a super star. It seems like a confidence thing. 
I hope it's not a lifestyle issue also. I have nothing to say there is an issue there, but with my pessimistic speculative hat on, his form nose-dived when he got a new contract and bought a new house and got driving license and car. So there are big changes happening for him off the pitch that I hope have not interfered with his game. 

Ronaldo (in the top 5 greatest players ever) got 9 in 33 Premier League games at Ferguson's age. Ferguson, as things stand, has 6 in 26. The idea that his recent run of form rules him out from being a top player, rather than the excellent 11 months before that suggesting he has a brilliant chance of being a top player, is just a bit mad. How consistently excellent do posters think 19 year old players are going to be? Do we have any sort of grasp on a realistic perspective?
We're decent enough..
BlackKat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Ronaldo (in the top 5 greatest players ever) got 9 in 33 Premier League games at Ferguson's age. Ferguson, as things stand, has 6 in 26. The idea that his recent run of form rules him out from being a top player, rather than the excellent 11 months before that suggesting he has a brilliant chance of being a top player, is just a bit mad. How consistently excellent do posters think 19 year old players are going to be? Do we have any sort of grasp on a realistic perspective?

Fair point on Ferguson, not everyone needs to be a world beater immediately. He's shown he can do it and can hopefully regain form!
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 9:12pm
Undav and Dahoud on loan at Stuttgart from Brighton; Undav flying. Would be sweet if they signed Ferguson on loan next season. Champions League football and a spell away from the English bubble. A man can dream.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 10:54am
He's really low on confidence. 

Between the penalty and header, he scores from at least one of them a few months ago.

Some decent link play from him outside of that. He played his part in the early Ogbene chance and provided a good flick-on for Szmodics.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:42pm
This lad turning into Willo Flood, Anthony Stokes, Stephen Ireland, Troy Parrott, Darren Gibson. All the great hopes of Irish football who never came good 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

This lad turning into Willo Flood, Anthony Stokes, Stephen Ireland, Troy Parrott, Darren Gibson. All the great hopes of Irish football who never came good 

ffs catch a grip

feeding off scraps. 20 years of age. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:45pm

Willo Flood?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:47pm
Did reasonably well when he came deep to get on the ball, he's skillful and secure in possession. Not really getting into goalscoring positions at the moment though.
We're decent enough..
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:49pm
There’s not a lot he can do when he has to come to the halfway line to get the ball.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:51pm
No issue with Evan at all. Worked hard and had no help from other attacking players. He would need to dribble up the pitch from nearly our own half and score a solo goal to have any chance of scoring in this woeful attacking set up and poor set piece deliveries all game.
Phil Babb View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Babb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:52pm
He looks completely void of confidence. 22 games without a goal now.
Dannyh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:56pm
Needs a break.  Enormous pressure at his age given players around him
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 12:47am
Needs to be doing a bit better than tonight for me.ok he’s not getting much ball but the few touches he did get he was very wasteful.hes gonna have to have a hybrid game when he plays for us towards his club football….but as was said above he looks void of confidence 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

He looks completely void of confidence. 22 games without a goal now.
He figured out how to get the English media to stop asking if he'll play for England. 
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 4:43am
He needs to be to given a break, first touch reminds me of Lukaku. Unfortunately the comparison stops there.
They've only gone and done it
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 6:14am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

ffs catch a grip

feeding off scraps. 20 years of age. 
19 EVEN!

Getting zero service and expected to perform miracles. Not a player in the squad who can cross a ball or play a ball through the channels in a competent manner. Harry Kane would struggle playing for Ireland ffs
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 7:21am
He is only 19. Hopefully he comes good in the PL in the next months.

But for me, Idah is currently ahead of him for that number 9 role based on current impact in a green jersey

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Mar 2024 at 7:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 159>
  Share Topic