You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laser Eye Surgery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laser Eye Surgery
    Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 10:21am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Had a call back a short while ago from Optilase and booked in for end of October for a donsultation but, apparently based on what I told them over the phone about my prescription and glasses use, im not suitable for the standard laser. Instead im suitable for the vastly more expensive lens replacement treatment. 

Got pff the phone and immediatelybooked in with Optical Express for next week so will have two consultations before deciding. Mate of mine was with OE about 6 months ago and had a great experience, well as great as it could be going under a laser to the eyes.

you lucky son of a bitch Clap
LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 9:58am

Had a call back a short while ago from Optilase and booked in for end of October for a donsultation but, apparently based on what I told them over the phone about my prescription and glasses use, im not suitable for the standard laser. Instead im suitable for the vastly more expensive lens replacement treatment. 

Got pff the phone and immediatelybooked in with Optical Express for next week so will have two consultations before deciding. Mate of mine was with OE about 6 months ago and had a great experience, well as great as it could be going under a laser to the eyes.

you lucky son of a bitch Clap
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 3:24pm
I went with Optical Express. No complaints at all.
@AntrimMan85
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 1:43pm
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 12:32pm

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 11:33am

Just waiting on a date/time for a consultation with Optilase. Just reading back I see Baldie went with these and was very happy. Anybody else use them in the last year or so? 

Also on the price, I see it depends on your prescription, I’m assuming its more expensive the stronger goggles you need? Or is there some other kind of science behind it does anyone know?

Prescription will have some bearing on the cost but gets pricier with things like astigmatism or other issues. Also, be very wary of it if your prescription changes or is unsettled. 

Think I said earlier in the thread, the best money I ever spent. Without a doubt 
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 4:58pm
Just waiting on a date/time for a consultation with Optilase. Just reading back I see Baldie went with these and was very happy. Anybody else use them in the last year or so? 

Also on the price, I see it depends on your prescription, I’m assuming its more expensive the stronger goggles you need? Or is there some other kind of science behind it does anyone know?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

My girlfried is considering getting this done, keep us updated Trap J on your opThumbs Up
I would say she will be in for a bit of a shock when she sees what you really look like Tongue

Cry
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 2:56pm
I'm going for consultation this Friday. Quoted already that it would cost 3800 based on my prescription (providing I'm a suitable candidate).

whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 2:22pm
I had laser eye surgery on Saturday morning just gone.
Absolutely delighted with my resultant vision. 
I've been wearing glasses/contact lens for 24 years.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

My girlfried is considering getting this done, keep us updated Trap J on your opThumbs Up
I would say she will be in for a bit of a shock when she sees what you really look like Tongue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 3:42pm

My mother had the same issue and thats some years ago. She went ahead with and hasn’t eh looked back. Theres potentials with everything
Glad she sorted her lazy eye.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 2:21pm
My mother had the same issue and thats some years ago. She went ahead with and hasn’t eh looked back. Theres potentials with everything
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
Finally got round to having a consultation yesterday.  Apparently my eyes are too dry at the moment to have the surgery so have to start a 3 week course of treatment to see if that helps. If not I cant have surgery.

Cost was told would be 3850 bunts.  

She told me a few things that are making me slightly hesitant to go ahead if given the green light.

She said I might be sensitive to light and my depth perception may feel different.  Also I dont want any long term pain or halos.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:42am
and loads need reading glasses even if they don’t get surgery and often have two sets of glasses esp when they hit their 50s
AKA pedantic kunt
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:38am
Had it done in 2013 at Mater Private. Was 1600 per eye, but with 20% tax back, membership of a medical scheme and Union optical scheme, my net was a fraction of the full cost.

The aftercare in Mater was outstanding. As for pain, when the protective lens was removed after a week it was f**king agony but next day was right as rain. I recommend it highly TJ. Have needed reading glasses the past 12 months but was advised of that likelihood before the surgery. In day to day life, my sight is still brilliant with no after effects whatsoever.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic