You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Dont think he is good enough to be a regular with Celtic. Don't see him staying.

Him and half the squad to be honest
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 11:52am
Any talk of what's happening with Scales this season. Hasn't made either of Celtics match day squads. Thought himself and McGrath would have had moves to other Scottish teams sorted by now.

Edited by J89 - 13 Aug 2023 at 11:53am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 12:32pm
Seems to be a possibility of Scales featuring for Celtic today due to a centre back injury crisis.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Seems to be a possibility of Scales featuring for Celtic today due to a centre back injury crisis.
starts Clap
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

starts Clap

Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, on the one hand the injuries have given him a chance, but on the other, it means he could end up staying there and then not playing when everyone is back fit. Anyway, good luck to him today.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 11:32am
Big test for him today in the Glasgow derby. Hope he goes well...
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 11:40am
Best of luck to him. Was a brilliant performer at Rovers 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:49pm
He's played very well in the 1st half. His CB partner looks like a bombscare though.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:53pm
Yeah Lagerbielke is an accident waiting to happen. That goal should have never been ruled. Lovely finish by Kyogo for the goal too.

Also might as well play these games behind closed doors if there's gonna be no away fans allowed in. Basically killing the atmosphere which is what made these games worth watching.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's played very well in the 1st half. His CB partner looks like a bombscare though.

Very well is a stretch, he's certainly been better than his CB partner, but there is a pair of them in it at times. He's done ok in a patched up defence. Greg taylor at LB hasnt been much help either.
Idah Dream!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:54pm

Playing well....he'll never get into the Irish team playing like this, he passes the ball forward. Lagerbielke seems like he was on the lager...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Very well is a stretch, he's certainly been better than his CB partner, but there is a pair of them in it at times. He's done ok in a patched up defence. Greg taylor at LB hasnt been much help either.

Dealt with everything that's come to him, passing the ball progressively, up there for most touches of the ball and successful passes, his team 1-0 up. So yes, he's played very well.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 1:03pm

Dealt with everything that's come to him, passing the ball progressively, up there for most touches of the ball and successful passes, his team 1-0 up. So yes, he's played very well.

None of our players ever seem to play anything less than very well when youre rating them. Seriously a bit of realism does no harm. He's been decent, but he's been troubled by the long ball on occasion and the CB pairing have been shaky, they are lucky to be sitting on a clean sheet, the Rangers attackers are so poor. 6/10 for me Bob!
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 1:07pm
Didn't watch first half but just switched on second and he's already showed coolness turning in his own box under pressure and tenacity in harrying a Rangers forward into midfield and dispossessing him. Will be interested to see this. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 1:32pm
Has done well 2nd half thus far, 70 mins gone. I'll likely jinx him now.
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 1:37pm

Has done well 2nd half thus far, 70 mins gone. I'll likely jinx him now.

Taylor was woeful. As was the other centre back - I don't think anyone wanted to pass to him or a pass off him. Bernabei doesn't look much better here. They will do well not concede and I hope Scales doesn't have a part to play if they do after he has.done well so far in second half in my view. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 1:57pm

None of our players ever seem to play anything less than very well when youre rating them. Seriously a bit of realism does no harm. He's been decent, but he's been troubled by the long ball on occasion and the CB pairing have been shaky, they are lucky to be sitting on a clean sheet, the Rangers attackers are so poor. 6/10 for me Bob!

Chris Sutton "Credit Celtic's defence. Liam Scales especially, he's had a really excellent game" and spoke then about him grabbing his opportunity. 

Not sure how "very well" compares to "really excellent" and I know Sutton can be pro Celtic biased but you could reasonably expect pro Irish bias here. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 1:57pm
Fair play to him, tough to play your first Glasgow derby away from home at a time when your own supporters are far from convinced by you and your centre back partner is all over the place for much of the game. He was excellent today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>
  Share Topic