You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Ireland Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:23am
I see there are some question marks about the Italian Olympic 100m winner Sprinter's remarkable rise in form these past months and he has even now parted with his nutrition expert who is caught in up in a steroid probe. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:10am
So Italy have won the 100m, the Eurovision and the Euros and there are drugs rumours over 2 of these achievements.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:27am
From 0 medals to 5 gold medals in 5 years.

Although Tamberi the high jumper has been very good the last few years.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:32am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

From 0 medals to 5 gold medals in 5 years.

Although Tamberi the high jumper has been very good the last few years.

Yeah it’s not just the 100m lad there’s questions over. 

There’ll be a fair few medals from this redistributed in time 

Edited by 9fingers - 10 Aug 2021 at 10:32am
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 12:47pm
This is how the BBC closed their coverage of Tokyo 2020.  You have a heart of stone if this doesn't bring a tear to your eye:-

Notice they snuck in Kellie Harrington's gold too!

Do the BBC have a separate Montage Department?  Time after time they deliver spot-on compilation clips that perfectly sum up big events.

Edited by newrynyuk - 10 Aug 2021 at 12:58pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:50pm
Jesus that had me balling like a baby LOL

Lovely song in background too, anyone know who it is?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Sigrid 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Sigrid 

Thumbs Up
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 2:43pm
Home To You by Sigrid

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So Italy have won the 100m, the Eurovision and the Euros and there are drugs rumours over 2 of these achievements.....
Eurovision winners on drugs ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 2:53pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 3:20pm
thought it was a rather forgettable affair and a complete disaster on the ratings front. the least watched olympics in recent memory.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

thought it was a rather forgettable affair and a complete disaster on the ratings front. the least watched olympics in recent memory.

I thought I had read somewhere that BBC had really good ratings. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Yeah, read somewhere today that BBC had record viewing numbers for this Olympics. Not sure about RTE though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 3:37pm

down about 50% compared to rio and london. only 5 million watched the 100m.

seems like it was the same story elsewhere on this side of the planet http://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/why-tv-audiences-are-tuning-out-tokyo-olympic-games-2021-07-30/
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 3:44pm

seems like it was the same story elsewhere on this side of the planet http://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/why-tv-audiences-are-tuning-out-tokyo-olympic-games-2021-07-30/
The time difference probably being the biggest issue ratings wise 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 3:57pm

"Britain's publicly owned broadcaster, the BBC, says it had a peak live audience of 2.3 million, and 944,000 online streams, for the opening ceremony, a 39.4% decline from the BBC’s peak live audience for the Rio opening ceremony, and a 61% decline from the BBC’s peak live audience for the 2008 Beijing opener".

definitely a factor however with beijing there is only a time difference of 1 hour with tokyo yet ratings were much higher in 2008. i reckon the draining effect of the pandemic was a bigger factor. 

i didn't see the final of a single live medal event. normally i'd have been watching loads of it but this year i felt so drained i just couldn't be arsed staying up to watch it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 4:19pm

"Britain's publicly owned broadcaster, the BBC, says it had a peak live audience of 2.3 million, and 944,000 online streams, for the opening ceremony, a 39.4% decline from the BBC’s peak live audience for the Rio opening ceremony, and a 61% decline from the BBC’s peak live audience for the 2008 Beijing opener".

definitely a factor however with beijing there is only a time difference of 1 hour with tokyo yet ratings were much higher in 2008. i reckon the draining effect of the pandemic was a bigger factor. 

i didn't see the final of a single live medal event. normally i'd have been watching loads of it but this year i felt so drained i just couldn't be arsed staying up to watch it.

But every trend on viewing figures over time is down. This is down to the number of alternative channels and viewing options available. In 2008, there was no Netflix, only 1 channel in UK to watch the olympics etc which isn't the case now.
I'm sure within the industry they have a way of accounting for that and viewing the numbers as favourable or not. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic