You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Ireland Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:14am
The two of them really went for it. Surely Harrington will have won though
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:15am
Barp Star 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:17am
Fantastic
What a role model 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:50am
ClapClap Gwan! She’s some woman Clap
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:56am
Really enjoyable fight. Kellie deserved winner. Delighted for her Clap. Really is one of the good ones ClapSmile

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 08 Aug 2021 at 7:01am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 8:36am
Kellie ClapClapClapClap

1st time we've won gold medals in separate sports at the same games if you have Track and Field coming in under the one banner

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Aug 2021 at 8:36am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 8:39am
Great fight and thought she was the clear winner. Delighted.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 1:18pm
Hon Kellie Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 1:24pm
Quality. Amazing scenes from her street as well
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 2:02pm
A great day for the working class
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 4:10pm
As soon as i saw the tricolour being rasied i was in bits .

Funny how things hit you . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 5:20pm
Its a wonderful for a nation to be able to share the joy of somebody achieving something excellent. You rarely forget the names of Olympic medalists, and you never forget the names of Gold medalists. Its a special achievement which puts Kellie Harrington amongst the elite of the elite, and the nation can enjoy that success.

Athens 2004 has always made me exceptionally proud and grateful for our medalist's achievement.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Its a wonderful for a nation to be able to share the joy of somebody achieving something excellent. You rarely forget the names of Olympic medalists, and you never forget the names of Gold medalists. Its a special achievement which puts Kellie Harrington amongst the elite of the elite, and the nation can enjoy that success.

Athens 2004 has always made me exceptionally proud and grateful for our medalist's achievement.

I feel the same one disqualified Gold because the Horse was drugged.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:40am
Greyhound racing, by a considerable margin, gets the most government funding for some reason. Can anyone explain the rational behind that?

Surley it would be better to pump that money into boxing, rowing and the minority sports. The social benefits would be incalculable, never mind the knock on effect to our competiveness at olympic games 

All in all, our most successful Olympics since 1932 Clap (96 doesn't count, obviously) The medalists will rightly get all the headlines, but there was some fantastic individual performances throughout. Lots of reasons to be optimistic that Paris 2024 will be even more successful for Team Ireland 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:47am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Greyhound racing, by a considerable margin, gets the most government funding for some reason. Can anyone explain the rational behind that?

Surley it would be better to pump that money into boxing, rowing and the minority sports. The social benefits would be incalculable, never mind the knock on effect to our competiveness at olympic games 

All in all, our most successful Olympics since 1932 Clap (96 doesn't count, obviously) The medalists will rightly get all the headlines, but there was some fantastic individual performances throughout. Lots of reasons to be optimistic that Paris 2024 will be even more successful for Team Ireland 

Fairly easy one to explain - Greyhound racing, along with horse racing, generate the money pumped into it through tax on betting. Additionally, the money provided by government generates a lot of primary and secondary employment in the industry. It is, and should be seen as, something totally different to sports grants. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:49am
football betting generates a huge amount, yet we receive a paltry amount of funding.
No Pasaran!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:58am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

football betting generates a huge amount, yet we receive a paltry amount of funding.
HRI & greyhound racing receive a percentage of every sports bet placed in Ireland. 

That’s the value of lobbying. Football being a working class game has never had the political will to do the same for it. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

As soon as i saw the tricolour being rasied i was in bits .

Funny how things hit you . 
Same. Similar experience when Katie Taylor won.

We're a great little country all the same Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic