You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Poll Question: Result
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [22.22%]
8 [22.22%]
2 [5.56%]
7 [19.44%]
4 [11.11%]
4 [11.11%]
2 [5.56%]
1 [2.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:07pm
Temp during the day will be mid 20s. No different to a European summer I'd have thought so can't see it been much of an issue
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

until England get a midfielder who can control a game they will not be winning anything in Qatar esp with thr heat. 

Will air-cooled stadia in Qatar in November be that much hotter than eg Mexico in July? (Genuine question)

As for the controlling midfielder bit, Italy had no Pirlo this time, but still prevailed. While France had Pogba, but bombed out.

Germany had Kroos and Croatia had Modric, but either they failed individually, and/or are past it. Have they got a replacement in sight?

As for Portugal, though Ronaldo can still finish off games, he no longer controls them, while Bruno Fernandes failed to step up for this tournament.

Belgium should be doing it with KdB and Hazard, but they have weakenesses elsewhere and in any case, I'm not sure Martinez can quite get the best out of them.

Spain have Pedri, who looks a star, but need to find a finisher to maximise his efforts.

While Netherlands are a mess and Denmark won't reprise this tournaments efforts without Eriksson.

Which leaves Argentina/Messi and Brazil/Neymar. If either or both get their act together for next year, they could do it, but if the Copa Final was anything to go by, that's hardly guaranteed.

Because they had Jorginho and Verratti. Nobody is saying England need an all-time world class controlling midfielder, but someone at Jorginho's level and they would have won last night.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:02pm
Nvm, I see that debate is going in circles LOL

I think England will be at the business end more often than not for the next while unfortunately, and if they get to another final or two then anything can happen on the night. But I do think the stars aligned for them pretty uniquely in this tournament and it's a big opportunity lost for them. If they go on to win the World Cup in Qatar I think they will need to improve hugely in their attacking play and ability to retain possession. 

I expect Spain to be proper contenders going in to the World Cup, I actually think their performances in the knockouts was pretty incredible for such a young team and if Luis Enrique finds a finisher they could be scary good. I think Belgium are the wrong side of their golden generation now although with a player like KdB you never know. France will be back again, I expect Flick to revitalise Germany and they won't be as tactically naive, and of course you'd expect Italy to build on this but I've a feeling better teams may figure them out (though huge credit goes to Mancini, he is a top top manager). 

A lot depends on the draw too but I would expect to see England in another semi-final in Qatar and anything can happen from there.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:59pm
England did what England have always done at the knock out stages of tournaments - struggle to retain possession against good footballing teams and eventually paying the penalty. Pretty much the same as ourselves but for us it against much lower quality teams.
The difference with this team is the bit of luck with the draw x2 and being very good on the break.

If they keep their fifa ranking in the top 7 they’ll have a very good chance of quarters at the next World Cup and the majority of teams with aspirations of winning won’t want to play them.

For Italy, find a new striker and they’ll be even stronger again - assuming the big man can survive another 18 months.

The World Cup will as open as this tournament was with any of 7 or 8 teams fancying their chances.

On last nights game I’ve not seen much criticism of Southgate subbing Rice who was having a very good game.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 12 Jul 2021 at 11:00pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 11:07pm
Terri's boys took one hell of a beating! Party
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

England did what England have always done at the knock out stages of tournaments - struggle to retain possession against good footballing teams and eventually paying the penalty. Pretty much the same as ourselves but for us it against much lower quality teams.
The difference with this team is the bit of luck with the draw x2 and being very good on the break.

If they keep their fifa ranking in the top 7 they’ll have a very good chance of quarters at the next World Cup and the majority of teams with aspirations of winning won’t want to play them.

For Italy, find a new striker and they’ll be even stronger again - assuming the big man can survive another 18 months.

The World Cup will as open as this tournament was with any of 7 or 8 teams fancying their chances.

On last nights game I’ve not seen much criticism of Southgate subbing Rice who was having a very good game.
Think he had a knock. Better than Phillips. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Nvm, I see that debate is going in circles LOL

I think England will be at the business end more often than not for the next while unfortunately, and if they get to another final or two then anything can happen on the night. But I do think the stars aligned for them pretty uniquely in this tournament and it's a big opportunity lost for them. If they go on to win the World Cup in Qatar I think they will need to improve hugely in their attacking play and ability to retain possession. 

I expect Spain to be proper contenders going in to the World Cup, I actually think their performances in the knockouts was pretty incredible for such a young team and if Luis Enrique finds a finisher they could be scary good. I think Belgium are the wrong side of their golden generation now although with a player like KdB you never know. France will be back again, I expect Flick to revitalise Germany and they won't be as tactically naive, and of course you'd expect Italy to build on this but I've a feeling better teams may figure them out (though huge credit goes to Mancini, he is a top top manager). 

A lot depends on the draw too but I would expect to see England in another semi-final in Qatar and anything can happen from there.

My money is on Germany, if Hansi Flick does what he did with Bayern they will be formidable 
It would damage this forums' reputation
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 11:37am
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/12/england-team-built-around-jude-bellingham-can-right-the-wrongs-at-2022-world-cup-southgate

So Bellingham is the answer to their midfield problems, don't know much about him myself but if he kicks on they might get even better
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 12:07pm
Another UEFA team of the tournament has been announced 

Donnarumma

Walker
Bonucci
Maguire
Spinnazola

Pedri
Jorginho
Hojberg

Chiesa
Lukaku
Sterling 

Surely Patrik Schick’s been hard done by 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/12/england-team-built-around-jude-bellingham-can-right-the-wrongs-at-2022-world-cup-southgate

So Bellingham is the answer to their midfield problems, don't know much about him myself but if he kicks on they might get even better
Not like the English to pile the pressure on the next young thing.
cfdh_edmundo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfdh_edmundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Another UEFA team of the tournament has been announced

Surely Patrik Schick’s been hard done by 

He'll be Schick as a parrot.

I'd have had Dolberg in that team and possibly Kasper Schmeichel. The Swiss are perhaps a touch unfortunate, Xhaka or Sferovic could have got into that team.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Not like the English to pile the pressure on the next young thing.

Not like the Irish to do it either, although I think we're so hopeless now we've even given up on that
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:43pm
Just read on the Athletic there that the only time Kane touched the ball in the Italy box was during the penalty shootout.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:37pm
flat track bully 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Just read on the Athletic there that the only time Kane touched the ball in the Italy box was during the penalty shootout.
Saw someone post that on Twitter and it was accompanied fairly quickly by screenshots disproving it. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:43pm
Shoddy journalism from Daniel Taylor so.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 10:37pm
bit hard for Kane to have too many touches when the engerland are camped just outside their own box for 115 minutes of the tie.
Shoulda played for us Harry, we’ll win f**kall but you’d get a pass now and again.
No Pasaran!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:51am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic