You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Poll Question: Result
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [22.22%]
8 [22.22%]
2 [5.56%]
7 [19.44%]
4 [11.11%]
4 [11.11%]
2 [5.56%]
1 [2.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction
    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:23am
In the absence of ZK abandoning his duty, lets get the ball rolling

FORZA ITALIA!

Edited by McG - 08 Jul 2021 at 10:24am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:26am
Anyone on here going to the final? 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:29am
I walked into the spare room in the gaff and I saw an Italian scarf on the floor that my wife got in Bari off an Italian fan. I’m taking that as a good omen.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:29am
1-0 Italia.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:34am
Italy are 2/1 Shocked. I'll be on Italy -1.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Italy are 2/1 Shocked. I'll be on Italy -1.

2/1 

Bit on the high side 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:42am
Any Italy win will do but love to see them beat the Tans by 2 or 3
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:16am
Italy on pens
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:27am
Hate myself for saying this but 2-1 to the English in extra time ............... And i will be hearing all about this until the day i die Cry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:59am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

In the absence of ZK abandoning his duty, lets get the ball rolling

FORZA ITALIA!
So he didn’t abandon it? Embarrassed
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 12:50pm
Mr T Pain Quotes. QuotesGram

Edited by Trap junior - 08 Jul 2021 at 12:51pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sharpshooter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharpshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hate myself for saying this but 2-1 to the English in extra time ............... And i will be hearing all about this until the day i die Cry

England will likely be winning another tournament in our lifetime anyway, its unrealistic to think otherwise given its once every two years.  I'm 34, if I'm lucky to live to a very old age that's potentially another 30 tournaments.

Personally I'd prefer them to win the euros over the World Cup, the euros are a regional tournament after all, previously won by the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Denmark, Greece and Portugal.  If England win it they'll be the 11th different winner in 16 tournaments.

I don't think this will be as bad as people think.  It will be awful for the first year or so right enough, but the World Cup is coming round in 16 months and the English press wont be settling for a one off euros victory, they'll want total domination, and if they don't make at least to the final in either in 2022 or 2024, knives will be out.

A lot of people used to say this about their 2003 Rugby World Cup win, or Murray winning Wimbledon, 2012 Olympics, 2005 Ashes/2019 Cricket World Cup, but we've lived with all those.

having said that I really think Italy can win this, much more upbeat about this than I was for Germany, Ukraine, or Denmark, a lot of people here were much optimistic about those games than I was.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Sharpshooter Sharpshooter wrote:

England will likely be winning another tournament in our lifetime anyway, its unrealistic to think otherwise given its once every two years.  I'm 34, if I'm lucky to live to a very old age that's potentially another 30 tournaments.

Personally I'd prefer them to win the euros over the World Cup, the euros are a regional tournament after all, previously won by the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Denmark, Greece and Portugal.  If England win it they'll be the 11th different winner in 16 tournaments.

I don't think this will be as bad as people think.  It will be awful for the first year or so right enough, but the World Cup is coming round in 16 months and the English press wont be settling for a one off euros victory, they'll want total domination, and if they don't make at least to the final in either in 2022 or 2024, knives will be out.

A lot of people used to say this about their 2003 Rugby World Cup win, or Murray winning Wimbledon, 2012 Olympics, 2005 Ashes/2019 Cricket World Cup, but we've lived with all those.

having said that I really think Italy can win this, much more upbeat about this than I was for Germany, Ukraine, or Denmark, a lot of people here were much optimistic about those games than I was.

You obviously don’t know how ancient Murph is. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:05pm

I fancy Italy to take it. Won’t bother me if England do it but would rather Italy do it.  Even if it’s just for the sweet Caroline nonsense.  
Have a couple of sound English mates and wouldn’t begrudge them the win to be honest. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:10pm
went with Italy from the start and not changing now
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm

I don't think this will be as bad as people think. It will be awful for the first year or so right enough, but the World Cup is coming round in 16 months and the English press wont be settling for a one off euros victory, they'll want total domination, and if they don't make at least to the final in either in 2022 or 2024, knives will be out.

The concern I would have is that once they get a tournament win under their belts the monkey will be off the back and total domination, considering the players they have, would potentially be on the table. As I've said before even this team, through to the final and getting lauded from all angles by the UK media, have not looked like they've actually enjoyed any of the games and are visibly straining under the pressure. That first tournament win could be a real game changer for them in terms of mentality and it's a big enough worry when you consider the players they have coming through at the moment.

Having said all that we've been pretty spoiled over the last few decades with their consistent underachievement/bottling so this is probably due at this stage.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:18pm

Best of luck to England i really hope they win it now. A great team i think this is their time.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:22pm
They absolutely should go on about it for as long as they like fans and media sure we didn't even win a game at Italia 90 and I hear about that regularly.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic