Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group F GER, FRA, HUN, POR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:12pm
Fernandes anonymous here so far

Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Gosens at left back is going to get hovered up by one of the elite clubs surely. He has been very good in both games.

Supposedly Barcelona have a bid on the table for him
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:19pm
Deutschland ClapClapClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Gosens at left back is going to get hovered up by one of the elite clubs surely. He has been very good in both games.

Aren’t they skint?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Aren’t they skint?

Yeah but they'll find 30m from somewhere, probably include a few players as part of the deal too
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:28pm
Game of the tournament for me
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

100%
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:37pm

And England think its coming home LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:39pm
I would be surprised if Fernandes and Bernardo Silva started against France, both were shocking! Renato Sanches has to start.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Germany England in the 2nd round at Wembley. Would be something if the Germans did a Munich 2001 on them

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:08pm

Germany England in the 2nd round at Wembley. Would be something if the Germans did a Munich 2001 on them

There’d be Muller Rice in midfield in that game 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:10pm
Just working out the permutations for Portugal to get to the second round as a third placed team.

They qualified for the second round in 2016 with 3 points and a 0 GD, they could well do the same again. They are currently +1 GD, a narrow loss to France would see them finish with 0 GD.

The key game is Austria v Ukraine in Group C. Both currently on three points and both have 0 GD. Portugal need that game to NOT finish in a draw.
They also need Finland to NOT pick up a point against Belgium in Group A. If they do, then Portugal need Denmark to beat Russia.

They would also need Germany to get some sort of result against Hungary. Because if Hungary win, they will finish on 4 points and Portugal and Germany will finish on 3 and Portugal will be 4th due to the head to head.

Edited by rolo - 19 Jun 2021 at 7:14pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Just working out the permutations for Portugal to get to the second round as a third placed team.

They qualified for the second round in 2016 with 3 points and a 0 GD, they could well do the same again. They are currently +1 GD, a narrow loss to France would see them finish with 0 GD.

The key game is Austria v Ukraine in Group B. Both currently on three points and both have 0 GD. Portugal need that game to NOT finish in a draw.
They also need Finland to NOT pick up a point against Belgium in Group A. If they do, then Portugal need Denmark to beat Russia.

They would also need Germany to get some sort of result against Hungary. Because if Hungary win, they will finish on 4 points and Portugal and Germany will finish on 3 and Portugal will be 4th due to the head to head.

But they wouldn't if it was an anthem contest.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
Good post Rolo. 

Was wondering how it would work out for Portugal if they finished in 3rd spot. Thumbs Up

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:15pm
How are people so certain that 4 points definitely gets you through 
What if 5 of the 6 third placed teams finish on 4
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How are people so certain that 4 points definitely gets you through 
What if 5 of the 6 third placed teams finish on 4

Won’t happen RB especially with the way results have sent so far. Portugal and the North both got through on 3 points 5 years ago while we cruised through with 4 points.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 7:19pm
sorry lads, obviously a rushed post.

A draw between Croatia and Scotland in group D would also be good for Portugal, as both those sides would then finish on 2 points. 
Portugal only need 2 groups to finish with a third placed team with a worse total than 3 pts and 0 GD.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There’d be Muller Rice in midfield in that game 

Interesting for corners. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic