You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 47>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

So any squad announced?

Nada and they play on Wednesday!
Sponsored Links

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I see Sean Roughan was back in the Lincoln City first team yesterday, though it seems to have been a second string selection they picked for an easy FA Cup tie. He has been injured for quite some time. Still only 18 and linked with both Chelsea and Southampton in recent times.

Yeah ok, I was wondering what had happened to this lad. I believe he was injured but has been out of the limelight since early May. Good to see him back again. Another well thought of young lad who hopefully can push on !
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:29am
Squad now finally named. Nice promotion for Zefi up to Under 19s. Roughan back in as well. I wouldn't have said it was our strongest bunch in recent years but that's actually a very decent squad.

No sign of Finn Benoa though. I think he's fit - these are competitive games so maybe he's still non-committal. Cristiano Fitzgerald not there as well, or the lad from Leeds that was highly rated (Coleman?).

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Nov 2021 at 10:33am
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Squad now finally named. Nice promotion for Zefi up to Under 19s. Roughan back in as well. I wouldn't have said it was our strongest bunch in recent years but that's actually a very decent squad.

No sign of Finn Benoa though. I think he's fit - these are competitive games so maybe he's still non-committal. Cristiano Fitzgerald not there as well, or the lad from Leeds that was highly rated (Coleman?).

Isn't Coleman with the 18s?

Good to see Jack Henry-Francis in there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Isn't Coleman with the 18s?

Good to see Jack Henry-Francis in there.

He could be, I didn't see a squad announcement for them.

Edit - actually I see Leeds tweeted that he's with the 18s. That's good to see.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:00am
Good to see Bosun Lawal down as a midfielder and hopefully that's where we play him long term.

Interesting that Sam Curtis was called up from the U17s. Thought Heffernan might have gotten the nod over him if we were calling up from the U17s. Also wonder if Sean Roughan will be playing CB rather than LB.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:05am

With so many U21 eligible players with the senior squad that we can still tell lads like Lawal Mcnulty Moran to drop back down is promising. It's a strong enough squad actually stronger then I thought it would be. Good to see Roughan back too!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:06am

Strong squad and John Finn a strange absense, unless he's with the 18's closer to home in Spain (is he underage for the 18's?).  Imagine Fitzgerald is with the 18's as he's certainly underage.
We'll find out soon enough I spose.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Strong squad and John Finn a strange absense, unless he's with the 18's closer to home in Spain (is he underage for the 18's?).  Imagine Fitzgerald is with the 18's as he's certainly underage.

Both lads are overage and would be strange to have left Finn Benoa with the 18s when Lawal is probably only in midfield because Benoa isn't there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:16am

Both Finn Benoa and Fitzgerald were born in 2003 so should be overage for the under 18s who are the 2004 born group.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:54am
Cheers, I didn't realise the cutoff date.

So both just not included for whatever reasons.  Could be simple things like knocks or just didn't impress last month.
After all the Finn-Benoa talk and meetings and whatnot, for him not to be in the 19's squad, nevermind the 21's, is deflating.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm

Cheers, I didn't realise the cutoff date.

So both just not included for whatever reasons.  Could be simple things like knocks or just didn't impress last month.
After all the Finn-Benoa talk and meetings and whatnot, for him not to be in the 19's squad, nevermind the 21's, is deflating.

Well his career has gone backwards since his injury last year and his manager Bordalás left the club for the Valencia job.

Hes been back with their Juvenil A team (u19s) and not even the Getafe B team. Hes also not starting games for them at that age level.

Hard to know if hes been injured / carrying knocks or just not doing too well.

Either way his exclusion is probably justified at the moment.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Good to see Bosun Lawal down as a midfielder and hopefully that's where we play him long term.

Interesting that Sam Curtis was called up from the U17s. Thought Heffernan might have gotten the nod over him if we were calling up from the U17s. Also wonder if Sean Roughan will be playing CB rather than LB.

Tayo Adaramola is a serious hot prospect and I would imagine would start LB. Delighted as well to see Lawal listed in midfield. We have an abundance of centre backs already in the senior squad, and the likes of Curtis and Heffernan coming through. He would be an addition to our centre midfield if he makes it as a player
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Tayo Adaramola is a serious hot prospect and I would imagine would start LB. Delighted as well to see Lawal listed in midfield. We have an abundance of centre backs already in the senior squad, and the likes of Curtis and Heffernan coming through. He would be an addition to our centre midfield if he makes it as a player

Lawal looked a bit of a monster even in 23s football for Watford at 17. Has it all would remind you of Doucoure or Tielmans that sort of big strong footballing midfielder. Has played CB too but as stated we are littered with CBs. No harm having him as an midfield option coming up. 

Adaramola very highly rated at Palace too. I'm also interested to see how far away from the Wolfsburg squad Mcnulty is. Already training with the first team in pre season/last week etc. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 6:52pm
Any guesses as to the first 11 that might be chosen tomorrow? Always tricky with the underage squads where players are coming and going a little bit from squad to squad. Rose to start in goal, McNulty one of the CB's, Adaramola at LB, a 3 in midfield of Lawal, Jack Francis and McJannett, and a front 3 of Kenny, Moran and Zefi. I'm not sure who might start at RB or the other CB

Edited by greenshoots - 09 Nov 2021 at 6:53pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 6:53pm

Tayo Adaramola is a serious hot prospect and I would
imagine would start LB. Delighted as well to see Lawal listed in
midfield. We have an abundance of centre backs already in the senior
squad, and the likes of Curtis and Heffernan coming through. He would be
an addition to our centre midfield if he makes it as a player

Yeah we're stacked in defence and have three top CBs in the senior squad already but lack a midfielder with the kind of presence Lawal could bring.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I'm also interested to see how far away from the Wolfsburg squad Mcnulty is. Already training with the first team in pre season/last week etc. 

He's fifth or sixth choice. They've five CBs listed in their senior squad and have played three at the back in the last two games rather than 4-3-3 and have moved Guilavogui back into defence.

Trains with the first team as Wolfsburg have done away with their reserve and instead linked up with an Austrian team to send players on loan.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 7:05pm

Any guesses as to the first 11 that might be chosen tomorrow? Always tricky with the underage squads where players are coming and going a little bit from squad to squad. Rose to start in goal, McNulty one of the CB's, Adaramola at LB, a 3 in midfield of Lawal, Jack Francis and McJannett, and a front 3 of Kenny, Moran and Zefi. I'm not sure who might start at RB or the other CB

I think we might go 4-2-3-1 rather than 4-3-3. With Lawal and Henry-Francis in the two with Moran playing more advanced.

Abankwah should be RB with Curtis covering RB/CB from the bench.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 47>
  Share Topic