You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:28pm
How in gods name did we end up losing that game
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:30pm
Greeks deserve absolutely nothing.
I won't be too hard on them. Crap conditions and we blew this. 
This is a very good group. They were clearly the better team in every game. 
Comms want it  back in Wexford. I honestly hope not again. No cover there.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

There was some good football played tonight and in the last game but they have created very little in the way of goalscoring opportunities and have looked vulnerable on the break. A hugely disappointing week for them. Can't see too many of this team jumping straight up to the 21s just yet although I do think it's a talented group. 

A number have been oversold alright. Curtis has already and Abankwah will, Alex Murphy has been excellent and can play LB, CB and tonight CDM, I think he'll step up also. Of the attacking players, I dont see too many going up given the strength in depth at U21 level, maybe Vata. Mc Jannet in CM has a decent chance also.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Management at 19s level need changing every year consistently getting bad results even though the players are there. Woefull stuff.

Are the players there though? To me this group as a whole seem vastly overrated - I think maybe caused by quite a few of them being more visible in the LoI because they couldn't go to England and a few others maybe being overrated because of the novelty value of them going to big name Italian clubs. Hopefully one or two will come through, but a lot will fall away I think.

If they were in the youth setups at Stoke, Southampton and Derby like previous groups we probably wouldn't be hearing half as much about them.

Are you actuallh watching these games LOL

Didn't see the Estonia game but have seen the other two. We've had far better under 19s groups than this in recent years.

Incidentally not many of the big hitters have made the 8 team finals. Poland, Norway, Iceland and Greece are all in as well as Malta as hosts. Only Spain, Portugal and Italy have made it out of the traditional heavyweights.

Norway smashing their way through a group that contained France probably doesn't bode too well for our Under 21 prospects either if a few of their players step up next season.

Edited by You Tell Me - 28 Mar 2023 at 9:40pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Management at 19s level need changing every year consistently getting bad results even though the players are there. Woefull stuff.

Are the players there though? To me this group as a whole seem vastly overrated - I think maybe caused by quite a few of them being more visible in the LoI because they couldn't go to England and a few others maybe being overrated because of the novelty value of them going to big name Italian clubs. Hopefully one or two will come through, but a lot will fall away I think.

If they were in the youth setups at Stoke, Southampton and Derby like previous groups we probably wouldn't be hearing half as much about them.

Are you actuallh watching these games LOL

Didn't see the Estonia game but have seen the other two. We've had far better under 19s groups than this in recent years.

Incidentally not many of the big hitters have made the 8 team finals. Poland, Norway, Iceland and Greece are all in as well as Malta as hosts. Only Spain, Portugal and Italy have made it out of the traditional heavyweights.

Its a talented group, but on the youthful side, theyll be better next year.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:06pm

There was some good football played tonight and in the last game but they have created very little in the way of goalscoring opportunities and have looked vulnerable on the break. A hugely disappointing week for them. Can't see too many of this team jumping straight up to the 21s just yet although I do think it's a talented group. 

Thankfully most the attacking players are still underage again next year. Think Longeran is the only forward that was 2004 born and you'd Vaughan, McJannet, and Gallagher in midfield all 2004 born.

Will likely be in defence lads will move on with the u21s. Abankwah and Murphy most likely I feel with Curtis likely switching between both as a back up to Abankwah and starter for the U19s.

In midfield I think McJannet is the likeliest given our lack of deep midfielders. After Hodge you'd probably have Lawal as the next best player for that deep role and he'll be playing CB.

Young James McManus though could be someone from the younger age group that Crawford could promote during the campaign. He's already cemented his place as a starter for Bohs so will have the experience of senior football behind him. Like McJannet he'll cover that deep role which we're not stacked with options in.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:21pm
So is that it now for the U19 team, they wont play again this year?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

So is that it now for the U19 team, they wont play again this year?

They're will be friendlies in the summer but only for the 2005 and some 2006 players.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

A number have been oversold alright. Curtis has already and Abankwah will, Alex Murphy has been excellent and can play LB, CB and tonight CDM, I think he'll step up also. Of the attacking players, I dont see too many going up given the strength in depth at U21 level, maybe Vata. Mc Jannet in CM has a decent chance also.

This group lacked a 9 to be super competitive and that is all. 
Neither of the 3 used will be pro footballers at senior level past league one unfortunately.
Vata and Zefi were doing plenty but a 9 who works a defence makes the difference and creates space. I think they are honestly poorly coached too. We were the naive team in all 3 games and it looks that way a lot underage. The 17's were similar. They should have coasted through their group.

I wouldn't judge the players on results here at all. I see probably 5 potential seniors in this group.
Vaughan is a lovely player but he hasn't a hope physically making the step ups these days. You have to be a freak technically to do it and he isn't a freak. They could easily have won all 3 games here.

The teams mentioned as way better than these had very good 9's for the most part. Some age groups have them some don't. This age group could have Ferguson. Add Ferguson and I think it completely changes the way people view this team.

I still think 17's and 19's are by far our most talented groups.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Neither of the 3 used will be pro footballers at senior level past league one unfortunately.
Vata and Zefi were doing plenty but a 9 who works a defence makes the difference and creates space. I think they are honestly poorly coached too. We were the naive team in all 3 games and it looks that way a lot underage. The 17's were similar. They should have coasted through their group.

I wouldn't judge the players on results here at all. I see probably 5 potential seniors in this group.
Vaughan is a lovely player but he hasn't a hope physically making the step ups these days. You have to be a freak technically to do it and he isn't a freak. They could easily have won all 3 games here.

The teams mentioned as way better than these had very good 9's for the most part. Some age groups have them some don't. This age group could have Ferguson. Add Ferguson and I think it completely changes the way people view this team.

Let me get this right, you’re writing off an 18 year old as he “hasn’t a hope physically making the step up these days”. Is that right, yea?
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 11:43pm

I think Alex Murphy would be too much of a loss to the Law enforcement vocation if he keeps pursuing his football dream instead. Just needs to cop on and work it out
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:35am
I didn’t see the game but it’s good that Sean Moore got his debut in the second half. Callum Marshall of West Ham, who someone claimed was a potential switch, scored two for NI under-19s against Norway but they still got beaten 5-2 at home.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:57am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Let me get this right, you’re writing off an 18 year old as he “hasn’t a hope physically making the step up these days”. Is that right, yea?

Yes. He is up to not that far above my hips lad. Granted I am tall but I am more than a foot taller i reckon.
He is great little player but players that size in the prem? how many? how many in the championship ? very few and they all have something in common if they do, they are either lightning quick like a lmaptey or technically off the charts and he is neither. I find it hilarious you think that is outlandish or something. He is in the wrong country to be his size.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:57am
Vata on the bench for Celtic today @ noon away to Ross Co.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 1:58pm
Gets about 35 seconds off the bench at the end once Ange is absolutely sure the win is in the bag.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 2:15pm
Cliftonville have turned down another offer from West Ham for Sean Moore. The Hammers are still favourites to sign him at the end of the season but other clubs remain interested.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 8:22pm

Yes. He is up to not that far above my hips lad. Granted I am tall but I am more than a foot taller i reckon.
He is great little player but players that size in the prem? how many? how many in the championship ? very few and they all have something in common if they do, they are either lightning quick like a lmaptey or technically off the charts and he is neither. I find it hilarious you think that is outlandish or something. He is in the wrong country to be his size.

Starts for Hull! Safer saying f**k all next time lad.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 1:54pm

Starts for Hull! Safer saying f**k all next time lad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 47>
  Share Topic