You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 47>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:54pm
The ref is f**king appaling!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:54pm
Ferizaj for Vaughan again and Zefi off for Moore. Honestly... why is he not getting O Mahony on. Great buildup and Greece very secure defending their box
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Ferizaj for Vaughan again and Zefi off for Moore. Honestly... why is he not getting O Mahony on. Great buildup and Greece very secure defending their box

O'Mahoney was poor in the first two games tbh
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:55pm
Slovajia 2 up. I hope we score because the Greeks are absolutely disgusting.
Ref is letting them ruin a game as much as possible

Edited by Nialler - 28 Mar 2023 at 8:57pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Yeah but you need 2 goals. Need to get 2 up top and go for it
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Management at 19s level need changing every year consistently getting bad results even though the players are there. Woefull stuff.

Are the players there though? To me this group as a whole seem vastly overrated - I think maybe caused by quite a few of them being more visible in the LoI because they couldn't go to England and a few others maybe being overrated because of the novelty value of them going to big name Italian clubs. Hopefully one or two will come through, but a lot will fall away I think.

If they were in the youth setups at Stoke, Southampton and Derby like previous groups we probably wouldn't be hearing half as much about them.

Well they are dominating games, they just aren't killing the opposition off.

That would suggest to me that the talent is there but they are being poorly managed.

I'd agree, they have been physically outmatched rather than technically outmatched. They have looked the better footballing team in this series.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:58pm

Umeh for me Bob!
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:00pm

Umeh for me Bob!
Not pushed either way. Umeh was desperate in the 1st game too

Edited by Nialler - 28 Mar 2023 at 9:01pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:04pm
Stonewall peno, that ref is an absolute prick!
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:05pm
The ref is absolutely terrible. Like jesus christ that was 2 ft from him
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:05pm

Stonewall peno, that ref is an absolute prick!
I have seen some bad refs in these but he is the worst ref i have ever seen
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Management at 19s level need changing every year consistently getting bad results even though the players are there. Woefull stuff.

Are the players there though? To me this group as a whole seem vastly overrated - I think maybe caused by quite a few of them being more visible in the LoI because they couldn't go to England and a few others maybe being overrated because of the novelty value of them going to big name Italian clubs. Hopefully one or two will come through, but a lot will fall away I think.

If they were in the youth setups at Stoke, Southampton and Derby like previous groups we probably wouldn't be hearing half as much about them.

Well they are dominating games, they just aren't killing the opposition off.

That would suggest to me that the talent is there but they are being poorly managed.

Maybe, and a good few of them will get another go next year. But then I saw someone earlier in the thread saying this was our strongest ever group at this level. The 2018/19 group had Nathan Collins, Andy Lyons, Mark McGuinness, Andrew Omobamidele, Festy Ebosele, Luca Connell, Conor Coventry, Joe Hodge, Will Smallbone, Jason Knight, Troy Parrott, Adam Idah and Aaron Connolly all involved at one point or another. They won every game in qualifying and made the semis at the finals tournament despite missing most of their best players. I can't see this bunch having anywhere near the success rate of that group.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:13pm
That just sums it up, Ferrizaj hits the post when it was easier to score. Terrible result here given how much we have bossed this game!
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:14pm
Has to score there jesus the Greeks are just blessed. Disgusying watch. Literally setting a team up to play like them should get you fired. A disgrace of a team. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:16pm
There was some good football played tonight and in the last game but they have created very little in the way of goalscoring opportunities and have looked vulnerable on the break. A hugely disappointing week for them. Can't see too many of this team jumping straight up to the 21s just yet although I do think it's a talented group. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:18pm
Went 2-1 briefly and now 3-1 in the other game.
There should be 15 mins of injury time here

Edited by Nialler - 28 Mar 2023 at 9:18pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:27pm

Are you actually watching these games LOL

Edited by The O'Shea - 28 Mar 2023 at 9:32pm
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 9:28pm
Lets hope the senior Greek team arent as cynical as them lads, bet they are though.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 47>
  Share Topic