FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 47>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 4:11pm
These training camps are often more for coaches to look at other lads who weren't in previous squads with some lads that might not have been in many squads.

Also don't think Zefi will be in with the U19s next month and will be in with the U17s. Did come off the bench for the U19s but Calum Kavanagh is fit and playing games so will hopefully be available next month.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 3:52pm
Adaramola is 18 and we're not overstocked with good left backs at underage, so he could easily be lined up for an Under 21 call up.

Zefi must be unavailable for some reason, I'd have said he's at least a year too young for the Under 21s.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 3:47pm
Parrott and Ferguson both made debuts at 17, so maybe not too outlandish. Also given that I don't think there's anybody in the 21s who has even close to his skill set, so it's not like we're just calling up another striker with prodigy status.

Probably is injured LOL
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Any reason Kevin Zefi hasn't been called up to the under 19's training camp in preparation for next month's matches? 21's maybe?

I don't think he's injured, and there are players from Spain and Germany so it's not like it's a uk-based selection.

Still eligible for 17s but looking at the players selected surely he should have got a nod.

No Tayo Adaramola either
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 3:37pm
Any reason Kevin Zefi hasn't been called up to the under 19's training camp in preparation for next month's matches? 21's maybe?

I don't think he's injured, and there are players from Spain and Germany so it's not like it's a uk-based selection.

Still eligible for 17s but looking at the players selected surely he should have got a nod.

Edited by Banjaxed - 07 Feb 2022 at 3:41pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 11:41am
Here's the U19 2021 year in review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqint4Hw13o

Massive games v Portugal and England coming up for this group.
Don't get much harder than those, so we'll see what the squad strength is really like in March.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

are basing the 'stinker' of a draw on the fact that its England and Portugal, two top football nations?

Do we know what their U19 teams are actually like? They could be bang average!

England qualified by beating Andorra 4-0, Sweden 2-0 and drawing with Switzerland. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not shaking in my boots about meeting them!

We have a decent U19 side.

100%.
Big footballing nations but this is who we want to be playing, especially England!
And we will see a star or two of the future in that Portugal team, you'd suspect.

I'm fully looking forward to this window of three games, which I believe is in March?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:53pm
I think it's more the fact that it's both of them (combined with this being a weaker Under 19 squad than others we have produced recently). 

If we had been in Pot 1 or 2 and drawn one of them we might have had a shot. But it's unlikely that both would be weak, and very unlikely that both would be weak enough that this particular Ireland under 19 group would beat them.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 12:15pm
are basing the 'stinker' of a draw on the fact that its England and Portugal, two top football nations?

Do we know what their U19 teams are actually like? They could be bang average!

England qualified by beating Andorra 4-0, Sweden 2-0 and drawing with Switzerland. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not shaking in my boots about meeting them!

We have a decent U19 side.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:50am
We've also found out who we meet in the opening group for the next comp:

Hungary
Wales
Gibraltar

Top 2 go to Elite Phase and gaames start from next Summer on, it says.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:41am
Stinker of a draw but was always likely once they didn't win their qualifying group and fell in to the third pot. It actually could have been worse, Germany were in pot 4 alongside Armenia for some reason.

Not a hope in hell of qualifying from that group with the squad we have. The games themselves will be a good test for them all the same.

I'm not sure why the Under 19s is still an 8 team tournament. Under 17 and Under 21 are both 16 teams now so it doesn't really make sense limiting it to 8 and gives us next to no hope here.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 Dec 2021 at 11:42am
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:36am
Draw for Elite Round made and we've pull in Portugal, England and Armenia.
Jaysus!

Only one team gets out of this so it's a huge task ahead.
But this is what we want to see.  
We have a decent U19 squad so let's find their level.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Vardy and Kane are two examples of lads who wouldn't be the most pyshically imposing but are top class strikers. 

Kenny is only turned 18 he's so much time yet. Happy he's staying as lads are way better off playing LOI then rotting in the 23s League. 

Yet there are lads writing off Connolly and Idah at 21 and 20 respectively., two lads who have managed to get PL minutes under their belts, I find it baffling!

Oh yeah you can't write them off. I'm not exactly mad confident they will go and fulfil their potential and I think for the two you have mentioned that is a Bamford/Antonio/Watkins/Ings/Toney level of forward/striker. 

Connolly seems to have a lot of baggage be it injury/off the field. Idah I'd be more hopeful of needs to get out and play regularly mind. They are still very young mind none of the guys above were playing PL football at 21 all  Championship/L1/L2. Obafemi needs a kick up the backside and even Parrott has the ability but I wouldn't be confident he'd get to that level.

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Nov 2021 at 4:45pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Vardy and Kane are two examples of lads who wouldn't be the most pyshically imposing but are top class strikers. 

Kenny is only turned 18 he's so much time yet. Happy he's staying as lads are way better off playing LOI then rotting in the 23s League. 

Yet there are lads writing off Connolly and Idah at 21 and 20 respectively., two lads who have managed to get PL minutes under their belts, I find it baffling!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 2:03pm

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:32am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

New 3 year deal at Sligo will give him plenty of time to develop. European football experience this season and next too. No rush for him to move.

Exactly, much rather see lads at his age playing senior football in the LOI than under 23 ball in England 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:44am
New 3 year deal at Sligo will give him plenty of time to develop. European football experience this season and next too. No rush for him to move.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Yes watched him loads also, live & on tv. He has great energy & is fairly relentless which means he’s always a danger, always on a defenders shoulder. But technically & in terms of composure I think he’s lacking. The latter will improve as he continues to play games & hopefully the former also...
Needs to improve physically imo if he wants to make a decent career for himself
I'd imagine that will happen soon if he keeps playing first team football with Sligo
I hope so, think he'd already be gone across if was a bit more physically imposing, good prospect, but you have to be a proper athlete these days.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 47>
  Share Topic