You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm
EU set to recommend 6 more countries including Azerbaijan be removed from member states safe lists. Will be up to each member state 

Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

EU set to recommend 6 more countries including Azerbaijan be removed from member states safe lists. Will be up to each member state 

Doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated in EU. Can come from anywhere into Ireland without quarantine
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated in EU. Can come from anywhere into Ireland without quarantine
Currently yes, as the post says its up to each country to do as they please with the EU Council advice.
For example the last revision was to remove America from the list but Ireland hasn't implemented any changes but Italy for example has.

It's just something to be mindful of thats all, especially if having a layover along the way that nobody gets a nasty surprise with any rule changes 

Edited by wanderer - 08 Sep 2021 at 8:50pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:30am

Currently yes, as the post says its up to each country to do as they please with the EU Council advice.
For example the last revision was to remove America from the list but Ireland hasn't implemented any changes but Italy for example has.

It's just something to be mindful of thats all, especially if having a layover along the way that nobody gets a nasty surprise with any rule changes 

But if someone didn’t know; it would look like from that headline we’d be locked up upon return. 

Govt have taken the decision to exempt anyone from testing/quarantine if they are fully vaccinated. That won’t change in the next month. The only issue that could arise is that some country you were transiting through closed the border to Azeri flights but that’s not likely at all.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:53am

But if someone didn’t know; it would look like from that headline we’d be locked up upon return. 

Govt have taken the decision to exempt anyone from testing/quarantine if they are fully vaccinated. That won’t change in the next month. The only issue that could arise is that some country you were transiting through closed the border to Azeri flights but that’s not likely at all.
And what if you're flying back into Dublin with an Irish passport and NHS vaccination certificate and then heading over the border? One of the lads I was talking to (who also lives in NI) after last night's game said he had recently been to visit family in Dubai and refused to get the day 2 pcr test done after arriving home (even though his wife got hers done) - and he hasn't heard anything from anyone since.

What were people's experiences coming back from Portugal last week btw - what sort of checks were being made at airports over there and back in Ireland and how strict (or otherwise) were they? 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 09 Sep 2021 at 12:55am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:33am
Flew back into Kerry, So basically it's three Cops from the local station rock up once the flight lands.
Checked Passport, and Passenger locator, he saw that I had my printed vaccine cert in the sleeve of my passport but didn't check it 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

And what if you're flying back into Dublin with an Irish passport and NHS vaccination certificate and then heading over the border? One of the lads I was talking to (who also lives in NI) after last night's game said he had recently been to visit family in Dubai and refused to get the day 2 pcr test done after arriving home (even though his wife got hers done) - and he hasn't heard anything from anyone since.

What were people's experiences coming back from Portugal last week btw - what sort of checks were being made at airports over there and back in Ireland and how strict (or otherwise) were they? 

Flew back into dublin, no check on anything except passport. I then flew to England to see family and paid 40 euro for a test in Ireland and 60 pound for a home test in England as Portugal is on the UKs amber list if you've been there in the past 10 days. Nothing was checked. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:34am

If Azerbaijan gets added as a designated country here then your exempt from MHQ as you mention because your vaccinated but your not exempt from testing and home quarantine. You'd be expected to have a test before you come home, quarantine at home when you get back and get a negative test to exit quarantine after 5 days

Look at the section on have you been to a designated country part,
https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/#travel-restrictions-for-passengers-arriving-into-ireland-from-outside-eu-iceland-liechtenstein-norway-switzerland

Like I said its just something to watch out for, they may not add it to the list here and I don't expect them to either seeing as they didn't do anything with the last set of recommendations, but its just something to be mindful of seeing as the list can change at short notice, it's up to each country to do what they want with the EU recommendation. I just know for myself if it gets added to the list I can't go, work doesn't allow travel to designated countries given the requirements on return.

Edited by wanderer - 09 Sep 2021 at 9:02am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:15am
pcr test , covid passport and e visa is the requirements for entry to Baku and our hotel require covid passport for entry . All booked out Thursday back Monday with Lufthansa . Looks like away fans ban will be gone so can’t wait.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

pcr test , covid passport and e visa is the requirements for entry to Baku and our hotel require covid passport for entry . All booked out Thursday back Monday with Lufthansa . Looks like away fans ban will be gone so can’t wait.

Looking at booking somewhere, any idea what area would be best hotel wise ?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:27am
we’ve booked one right beside the old town . The promenade.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Flew back into dublin, no check on anything except passport. I then flew to England to see family and paid 40 euro for a test in Ireland and 60 pound for a home test in England as Portugal is on the UKs amber list if you've been there in the past 10 days. Nothing was checked. 
Interesting, thanks very much. Not going to chance Az though but going to Luxembourg could well be a runner for me. Only thing I'm afraid of is running into some jobsworth at either airport who will insist on checking everything with a fine tooth comb. LOL

Are the e-gates at passport control option again btw? 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 09 Sep 2021 at 9:36am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:19pm
The last leg of my flight from Antalya to Baku has been changed to Antalya-Istanbul and Istanbul-Baku nearly a full day later now. Second time Ive been screwed by flight changes for this one. 

Edited by max - 09 Sep 2021 at 1:02pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:26pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-removes-six-third-countries-from-its-white-list-adds-uruguay/

Azerbaijan taken off EU white list. 
Yup as I posted above up to each member state what they do with that.

For Ireland that's either list it as a designated country or leave it as is. Ireland hasn't made any changes from the last EU list change so remains to be seen if we make a change now.

If it goes to designated state, if your fully vaccinated on return into Ireland you'll need a PCR test pre departure, 5 days self quarantine so long as a PCR on day 5 comes back negative 

Currently though Ireland only has 7 countries on the designated list whereas the EU list technically only lists 13 countries outside of the bloc as "safe".

I'd doubt anything changes here especially with Azerbaijans cases on a downward trend now but one to watch nonetheless 

Edited by wanderer - 09 Sep 2021 at 7:59pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 7:59pm
ffs. Cry

I wouldn't chance it if I have to take a test over there before flying back into the EU. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

ffs. Cry

I wouldn't chance it if I have to take a test over there before flying back into the EU. 

All depends on what changes if any are made to the designated list here

If no change then once you've your covid cert that's all you need coming home 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
  Share Topic