You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Festy Ebosele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:38pm
Udinese lost their game in hand against Roma and the weekends draw against Bologna has now seen them slip into the bottom three.

Currently two points behind Empoli, Frosinone, and Verona. Four games left in the league and they gotta play Empoli and Frosinone in the last two games.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Udinese lost their game in hand against Roma and the weekends draw against Bologna has now seen them slip into the bottom three.

Currently two points behind Empoli, Frosinone, and Verona. Four games left in the league and they gotta play Empoli and Frosinone in the last two games.

..and Festy has played just 8 minutes in their last 5 games.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 3:45am
they are in trouble, obviously would like to see them stay up but objectively wonder what would happen for festy if they went down
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 7:53pm
He is barely getting a game for a team struggling. He will either go down with them or could even end up back at a championship club maybe
JurgenKloppsTeeth View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JurgenKloppsTeeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 8:17pm
He is just not a very good player. Watched him a bit at Derby County and he was able to get away with a lot at that level because of his pace but his flaws have not been ironed out at all. His touch is way off what it needs to be at a high level. I dont think he is good enough to be anywhere near the Irish squad right now.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by JurgenKloppsTeeth JurgenKloppsTeeth wrote:

He is just not a very good player. Watched him a bit at Derby County and he was able to get away with a lot at that level because of his pace but his flaws have not been ironed out at all. His touch is way off what it needs to be at a high level. I dont think he is good enough to be anywhere near the Irish squad right now.

100% agree, I've watched Udinese couple times this season when he was starting and hes still a headless chicken. All pace. Poor touch, poor passing, poor shooting, poor decision making... and doesn't do any tracking back what so ever, when he is back defending hes never tight to his man and is beaten way too easily.

I just cant seeing him being a RWB long term, if he kicks on and works on the technical side of his game I could see him being as a good as Ogbene as a winger with his physical attributes but so far hes stagnated, if not gone a bit backwards.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 9:25pm

You could pretty much say that about most of the players in our squad.
I love beer gardens
JurgenKloppsTeeth View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JurgenKloppsTeeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 12:52am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

You could pretty much say that about most of the players in our squad.

Unless someone with a crappy touch played for Derby County before, not really. Another way to answer your question is that Festy’s touch is much worse than the rest of the squad. 

And as Bandwagon points out, it goes well beyond his touch. I was being easy on him. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 4:47am
I know he’s only gotten a few minutes for us but he’s looked a terrible footballer in terms of basic technical skills. He’ll need a lot of improvement over the next year or so to become a regular in the squad, never mind contending for a starting position.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
  Share Topic