You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Festy Ebosele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

I would imagine Juve are a better team than the Dutch. Anyway opposition is somewhat irrelevant, we can only pick the best players and surely a guy playing in Serie A has to be in the reckoning considering our other options (guy with no mind in PL or a champ CB). Get that he might not start but dunno how he can be considered miles off int level

He could make the squad, assuming he's not injured again, but if that happens I'd imagine he'd be more likely to be used further up the pitch. He's started one Serie A game at RWB for Udinese and got hooked on 57 minutes due to injury having given away an admittedly harsh penalty. Did you actually watch the game?

I'm as eager as the next man to see fresh blood being introduced and I'm a big fan of Festy, but imo he's not ready to start games for our senior team.

Our options arent great with Coleman probably out but I'd still have Doherty/Browne/Sykes/Ogbene/O'Shea ahead of him at RWB for now.

No I didn’t watch the game but my point is if a guy is getting picked in Serie A against Juve then he is already at a higher level than intl level. I’m not saying he should start but we need to get these lads in and involved. All those lads you named above are solid but what happens when we are behind… there comes a time with the 3-5-2 that it has to be that rather than constantly 5-3-2. Sykes was pretty poor as RWB for Bristol too. Was better when moved further forward.
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 8:37pm

I would imagine Juve are a better team than the Dutch. Anyway opposition is somewhat irrelevant, we can only pick the best players and surely a guy playing in Serie A has to be in the reckoning considering our other options (guy with no mind in PL or a champ CB). Get that he might not start but dunno how he can be considered miles off int level

He could make the squad, assuming he's not injured again, but if that happens I'd imagine he'd be more likely to be used further up the pitch. He's started one Serie A game at RWB for Udinese and got hooked on 57 minutes due to injury having given away an admittedly harsh penalty. Did you actually watch the game?

I'm as eager as the next man to see fresh blood being introduced and I'm a big fan of Festy, but imo he's not ready to start games for our senior team.

Our options arent great with Coleman probably out but I'd still have Doherty/Browne/Sykes/Ogbene/O'Shea ahead of him at RWB for now.

No I didn’t watch the game but my point is if a guy is getting picked in Serie A against Juve then he is already at a higher level than intl level. I’m not saying he should start but we need to get these lads in and involved. All those lads you named above are solid but what happens when we are behind… there comes a time with the 3-5-2 that it has to be that rather than constantly 5-3-2. Sykes was pretty poor as RWB for Bristol too. Was better when moved further forward.

Could be a potential dual nationality drama again if we don't get him in the camp 

Picking a L1 or L2 player against someone playing in Italy would be a bit farcical
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Could be a potential dual nationality drama again if we don't get him in the camp 

Picking a L1 or L2 player against someone playing in Italy would be a bit farcical
Nothing whatsoever to signify a dual nationality drama with Festy.
Idah Dream!
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

He's seemly suffered an injury which will be assessed over the next few days.

The lad is never far from an injury it seems.
Same as Obafemi and Connolly.

Hopefully the latter can now get a run of games but until that happens, and happens to all of them, you can't help but feel they are playing between injuries.
Small, explosively fast players often have muscular injuries, especially young one. It's unfortunate but it'll have to be managed. I think Obafemi is goning to have hammy issues his whole career.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 9:20pm

He has already had one "delete all the Ireland references from his Insta" incident after leaving an Under 21 camp, has he not? Think part of the reason for the senior call up may have been to settle him a bit after that. Could be misremembering to be fair.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He has already had one "delete all the Ireland references from his Insta" incident after leaving an Under 21 camp, has he not? Think part of the reason for the senior call up may have been to settle him a bit after that. Could be misremembering to be fair.

He showed up and started for the U21s in March only to be ridiculously sent off by that Northern w**ker! That indicated to me that whatever beef he might have had with Crawford had been put to bed. I have no problem with him being called up to the senior squad, but as I dont expect him to get game time vs France/Holland, I'd prefer to see him stay with the U21s for their very important opening qualifier at home to Turkey. A win there sets us up nicely for the campaign.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:11am

He showed up and started for the U21s in March only to be ridiculously sent off by that Northern w**ker! That indicated to me that whatever beef he might have had with Crawford had been put to bed. I have no problem with him being called up to the senior squad, but as I dont expect him to get game time vs France/Holland, I'd prefer to see him stay with the U21s for their very important opening qualifier at home to Turkey. A win there sets us up nicely for the campaign.

Or keep your big mouth shut and you won't get stupidly booked for it.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

He's seemly suffered an injury which will be assessed over the next few days.

The lad is never far from an injury it seems.
Same as Obafemi and Connolly.

Hopefully the latter can now get a run of games but until that happens, and happens to all of them, you can't help but feel they are playing between injuries.
Small, explosively fast players often have muscular injuries, especially young one. It's unfortunate but it'll have to be managed. I think Obafemi is goning to have hammy issues his whole career.
Looks like he was just suffering from cramp and will be fine for the weekend.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:31am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Exactly. And I don't know what him being from the North has got to do with anything, I have seen Robinson refereeing a few games in the Irish League and he's actually a decent enough ref.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:09pm

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Exactly. And I don't know what him being from the North has got to do with anything, I have seen Robinson refereeing a few games in the Irish League and he's actually a decent enough ref.

Oh come on lads, it was an U21 Friendly game, there was zero need to reach for the red, a yellow and then a stern talking to was plenty for the youngfella. Thats not to say Festy shouldnt have had more sense, he obviously should, but there was no need for the red.

Edited by John Nice - 22 Aug 2023 at 12:18pm
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 5:23pm
Festy back on the bench with Abankwah for League game at home to Salernitana this evening.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 7:35pm
Got a 15 minute spin out at the end, game finished 1-1
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 8:15pm
https://x.com/falconchistar/status/1696189128956662065?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ

How accurate this is who knows but according to this Udinese fanpage fitness/issue from last week a factor in him not starting tonight. 

Udinese have lost Udogie,Beto to Everton as well. Wouldn’t be shocked to see them struggle a bit. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

https://x.com/falconchistar/status/1696189128956662065?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ

How accurate this is who knows but according to this Udinese fanpage fitness/issue from last week a factor in him not starting tonight. 

Udinese have lost Udogie,Beto to Everton as well. Wouldn’t be shocked to see them struggle a bit. 

He did go off early last week with with a cramp or some sort of knock.

Udinese have got 22yo RWB Ferreira in on loan from Watford for the season. 
Their first choice RWB, Ehizibue, has a long term injury, listed as being out until at least late-October. 
So Festy is going to get plenty gametime if he stays fit.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 10:26pm
Be good to how he gets on with the U21s
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 11:49am
He should be in the senior squad. Coleman is injured and Doherty has barely kicked a ball since January. Festy is getting his game in Serie A. This is a no brainer.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Luder Luder wrote:

He should be in the senior squad. Coleman is injured and Doherty has barely kicked a ball since January. Festy is getting his game in Serie A. This is a no brainer.
Did Kenny not saying being in Serie A isn’t all it’s cracked up to be for these fellas?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 11:24am
Starts, TNT 2 @1130am Udinese vs Cagliari
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>
  Share Topic