You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 60>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:55pm
0-0 at HT between Galway and Pat's in a behind closed doors friendly in Roscommon. They really are going to extreme lengths to make sure there's no one spying on them LOL

Pat's have a fairly strong team out, Eoin Doyle and their new keeper from West Ham starting.

Edited by Yurt - 28 Jan 2022 at 5:23pm
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Yurt Yurt wrote:

0-0 at HT between Galway and Pat's in a behind closed doors friendly in Roscommon. They really are going to extreme lengths to make sure there's no one spying on them LOL

Pat's have a fairly strong team out, Eoin Doyle and their new keeper from West Ham starting.
Game ended 2-0 to United Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 12:34pm
Interesting piece by Dan McConnell today about the influx of British players on loan deals due to Brexit and Irish players going in opposite direction. Very complex way things are working.

In relation to the influx of more British owned players, is it a good thing or q bad thing? They will obviously be getting in the way of irish players but then they might be an improvement in the quality of the league. 

I suppose the best thing is probably that the quality of league is at its maximum so its a more attractive league and then for the Irish players that are good enough it will help them playing with potentially better quality players
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 4:15pm
An attendance of 5426 at the Presidents Cup game was a massive crowd for a curtain raiser.

Not sure if it's just that I'm in an online echo chamber but it does seem like there's been an uptick in interest in the league since the pandemic. Attendances usually peak at the beginning of the season and taper off later. 

Really looking forward to Friday now and being able to continue actually watch the games (with proper crowds now) even though I'm away from home.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 10:42am
Derry seem a huge price away to Dundalk later, 11/5 when I checked last night. 
Dundalk have had a poor preseason including a 6-1 home defeat to Bohs who haven’t been great themselves 
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 1:01pm
Looking forward to the new season. Duffer at Shels, can Dundalk be reformed again under O'Donnell? What will Bohs be like, some decent signings. Derry should be strong enough. Sligo Rovers have lost Johnny Kenny and McMahon, made some signings but not sure what quality they are as of yet. Could be an interesting season ahead. Shams are the favourite, they should win the league.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 1:32pm
Harps Drogs is off ClapClapClap it’s great to be back 

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Feb 2022 at 1:42pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 7:56pm
Little things still annoy the sh1te out of me in the league. Names on the back of shirts should be mandatory. Simple. Looks amateurish some teams having them and others not. Its not a big job. Secondly could anyone at Shels maybe have painted the roof on top of the stand for tv. Save Tolka Park. Have Shels done anything on the upkeep of the ground in donkeys years? Gone onto a kip.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:06pm
Great finish from Burns
I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:07pm
Cracking finish from Burns
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:08pm
Eeexcellent.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:35pm
Enjoyable game although has died a bit in the last 15 or so minutes. Could do with a Shels goal
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:40pm
Shels playing crazy football at times, and flying into tackles too. I think if Pats settle a bit more they should win out handy enough. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:41pm
Would like to see Forrester a little more forward. A little wasted in the position hes in

I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Shels playing crazy football at times, and flying into tackles too. I think if Pats settle a bit more they should win out handy enough. 

Ya can see Shels struggling esp away from home this season going on this. Dan Carr still has a nice touch and will score goals if he gets chances. Shels look pretty average all round.
I love beer gardens
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:45pm
Cork City Schooligans have made a f**king disgrace of themselves, trying to charge the Bray at half time, in the pitch now trying to have another go.. Pyro on the pitch throughout the half. Letting the club down massively. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:55pm
Duff's demeanor is awful.  Such a miserable bollocks. 

I like him.  Reminds me of myself
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 9:04pm
Lovely finish from Doyle
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 60>
  Share Topic