Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 61>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 4:50pm
Speaking of highlights, if you search LOITV highlights in Youtube they have highlights for all games up usually the next day
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 5:09pm
Away fans banned for Drogheda Bohs game on March 4th. Correct decision but you’d hope Drogheda can sell out the away stand themselves so they’re not at a loss 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Highlights show coming tomorrow on VM according to Instagram.

Can't find anything on this?
My bad it's a computer game sh*te haha

I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Away fans banned for Drogheda Bohs game on March 4th. Correct decision but you’d hope Drogheda can sell out the away stand themselves so they’re not at a loss 

Highly unlikely on a Monday night, if this is all about punishing bohs the fai should cover the costs of what drogheda will lose out of what they've fined bohs 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Speaking of highlights, if you search LOITV highlights in Youtube they have highlights for all games up usually the next day

All the goals from the night in one video too which is a new addition.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 6:02pm

Seems a very lenient punishment 
BohsJohnny View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsJohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Seems a very lenient punishment 
There's been a fine too
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 7:02pm
Fine should be no more bands on jersies. 
I love beer gardens
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 3:48am
It's a bit inconsistent. Rovers got a 5k fine with their firework incident but didn't face any stadium ban. Possibly helped by the game being a home game and it would have resulted in a significant loss of revenue.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 8:04am
Bohs we’re on a suspended ban for previous incidents so I think the die was cast.
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 9:24am
This ban punishes Drogs more than Bohs, as Drogs are unlikely to sell another 1k tickets or whatever it is for a Monday night. If they wanted to punish Bohs with crowd bans, they should have forced them to play their next game behind closed doors. 

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 9:53am

This ban punishes Drogs more than Bohs, as Drogs are unlikely to sell another 1k tickets or whatever it is for a Monday night. If they wanted to punish Bohs with crowd bans, they should have forced them to play their next game behind closed doors. 

It does punish Drogs unfairly absolutely. But what’s the 1k figure? Away end holds around 300 I think, 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 9:58am

It does punish Drogs unfairly absolutely. But what’s the 1k figure? Away end holds around 300 I think, 

Ah I didn't have the figure to hand. It was a lot higher back in the 1st division days but now that you mention it I do remember a scramble for tickets for our last game of the season out there last year (I think it was 400-500 tickets), so you're right
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 10:12am

Ah I didn't have the figure to hand. It was a lot higher back in the 1st division days but now that you mention it I do remember a scramble for tickets for our last game of the season out there last year (I think it was 400-500 tickets), so you're right
Yeah probably is 400 to be honest it’s a poxy stand to watch football but I go every time so disappointing no to be going again. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 11:26am

Spot on Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 11:27am

Yeah probably is 400 to be honest it’s a poxy stand to watch football but I go every time so disappointing no to be going again. 
Just buy a ticket online and go.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Spot on Thumbs Up

For what it's worth I like pyro at the games and think it's something that's part of the game here. I think it should be legalised and done in a safe way so that flares can be distinguished safely instead of being 'banned' yet people get them in to the game every week and clubs get fined. People holding them throw them on to the pitch or whatever so they're not caught with them. If it was legalised there would be no need for that. If it was legalised, Clubs could work with the fans to allow them put on their displays in a designated area away from families/kids or whatever, and buckets of water set up to distinguish the flares once the display is done. I'm sure there's more to it than that and probably personal liability/legal issues but the current system is broken and will keep happening regardless

What happened on Friday was 100% wrong but Bohs haven't done anything here that a lot of others clubs haven't done before. If the flare didn't hit the players it wouldn't even be a news story

Edited by Gaz - 27 Feb 2024 at 1:13pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 1:40pm
Agree completely Gaz, sure even on Friday it was joint protest and groups from both sets of fans threw flares on at the same time, we’re only talking about it because of a couple of idiots hit their own players. 
The club are working to find who it was and hopefully there’ll be a bans but a complete closure is nonsense 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 61>
  Share Topic