Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:04am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Happy new season day to all who celebrate Clap

With the podcasts back this week too it’s great to have it back. Glad the Bohs game is on Rte but surely Pats and Derry would be the better one to show LOL

Probably the fanfare of Cork back in the league plus a sold out Turners Cross. Never liked watching games from the Brandwell on tv personally. That and the Shams game is Sat night in Sligo  

Edited by doherty - 17 Feb 2023 at 11:05am
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:06am
It’s on in Richmond.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:12am

It’s on in Richmond.

LOL i shud have double checked.
I love beer gardens
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:17am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

It's like Christmas Day  Clap

Is there much of a crowd expected in Tolka this evening?

I haven't heard tbh. I know we sold over 1,000 season tickets which is a record for us and great news for the club. We've quite a small fan base but it's growing each year and our attendances averaged well over 3k last season. Long may it continue across the board - crowds are way up for most clubs the past couple of years Clap

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:35am
Off to Kerry later myself. 

#KeeganBall Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:43am

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

It's like Christmas Day  Clap

Is there much of a crowd expected in Tolka this evening?

I haven't heard tbh. I know we sold over 1,000 season tickets which is a record for us and great news for the club. We've quite a small fan base but it's growing each year and our attendances averaged well over 3k last season. Long may it continue across the board - crowds are way up for most clubs the past couple of years Clap

Yeah the cup final showed that so it’s even more impressive that the average gate is 3k +
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 12:59pm

It’s on in Richmond.
Be an even worse atmosphere in brandywell so
No Pasaran!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 1:58pm

Yeah the cup final showed that so it’s even more impressive that the average gate is 3k +

Yeah there is the small hardcore fan base that have been there all the way through the graveyard years from 2007 to 2021 and now we're getting more and more through the gates. I used to sit in Tolka with crowds of 500 in the 1st division not too long ago

The 3k+ average includes up to 800 away fans as well but still - great to see a busy Tolka again. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 2:11pm
Seems to be a real buzz to the start of the league this year which is great - And the increase in crowd numbers is brilliant. Am just disappointed that it looks like I won't be home when Rovers are at home until April as would be mad to get to a game. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 6:12pm

Happy new season day to all who celebrate Clap
always a bitter sweet day Cry
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 8:40pm
Bohs look good. Cork look poor. Keano watching on i see. 
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 4:11am
Mattie Smith wins the miss of the season already.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 11:02am
Fair play to Kildare no1 bathroom salesman sorting us with over 1000 tickets Clap if we show that same hunger & desire we’ll cause a lot of teams problems this season. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 5:47am
Highlights of games are out very quickly compared to previous seasons.

Sligo well worth the draw, if not more by the looks of it.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 7:33pm
Rumours of Hull City to become majority shareholders of Dundalk with 70% shares of the club. 
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Rumours of Hull City to become majority shareholders of Dundalk with 70% shares of the club. 

Connolly to Dundalk - #donedeal
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:17pm
Always hard to know. 70% wud be a big stake. Whats in it for Hull you would think. Dundalk shud milk them for an upgrade on Oriel or say bye bye.
I love beer gardens
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Always hard to know. 70% wud be a big stake. Whats in it for Hull you would think. Dundalk shud milk them for an upgrade on Oriel or say bye bye.

Basically a club to send young fellas for the experience/language etc while getting around the rules of owning youth players post Brexit. Owning a club in the EU allows them to sign players under 16. A lot of English clubs doing this recently.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 20 Feb 2023 at 9:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 60>
  Share Topic