General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 62>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 10:38pm
Clap
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

amazing scenes here after the game, genuine outpouring of emotion, whoever said politics has no place in football is an idiot.
The people’s game, and we are all political creatures, football brings us together and has the capacity to drive us apart too.
I’d say a few bonds were formed between players tonight, genuine respect obvious, lovely to see young Irish people enjoying an opportunity to firstly express their talent and then strongly express their solidarity with a just cause. Well done ladies.
Clap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 10:02pm
amazing scenes here after the game, genuine outpouring of emotion, whoever said politics has no place in football is an idiot.
The people’s game, and we are all political creatures, football brings us together and has the capacity to drive us apart too.
I’d say a few bonds were formed between players tonight, genuine respect obvious, lovely to see young Irish people enjoying an opportunity to firstly express their talent and then strongly express their solidarity with a just cause. Well done ladies.
No Pasaran!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Are the Palestine team paying for themselves or are Bohs paying for them? It's actually must be great for them to get over here and enjoy themselves or would some of the girls be living outside of Palestine?  
The Palestine costs are included in match receipts.
Afaik there are about ten players actually living in the Middle East, plus another six who weren’t allowed travel, the rest would be living elsewhere. The girl from Canada has her grandparents arriving from there, they were displaced in 48 and again in 67.
I’d say there’s a few of those tales in the squad.

Cheers for the info Thumbs Up
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Are the Palestine team paying for themselves or are Bohs paying for them? It's actually must be great for them to get over here and enjoy themselves or would some of the girls be living outside of Palestine?  
The Palestine costs are included in match receipts.
Afaik there are about ten players actually living in the Middle East, plus another six who weren’t allowed travel, the rest would be living elsewhere. The girl from Canada has her grandparents arriving from there, they were displaced in 48 and again in 67.
I’d say there’s a few of those tales in the squad.
No Pasaran!
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 12:36pm
Eugh.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 12:30pm

Edited by doherty - 15 May 2024 at 12:33pm
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 11:02am
was chatting with another hoops fan about it, he was supportive too, I was just saying that it could’ve been  even better if we had a representative Irish side drawn from around the league.
Give it international status kind of thing, get an even bigger reach.
No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 8:35am
NGO FC have made it to the Guardian....mission complete. Joking aside, decent feature article about tonights game between them and Palestine women's team. Good initiative, fair play.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2024 at 9:45am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4soGWrBFHn/?igsh=Ymt3cWRqbG1jaG5s

No comment.

No comment. 
Imagine being the family of Andrzej Obalek and this guy only got 2 years suspended sentence for dangerous driving resulting in his death. I think Galway photoshopped so shame on them. There's no way the player would be that stupid/inconsiderate?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2024 at 8:58am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2024 at 2:08am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4soGWrBFHn/?igsh=Ymt3cWRqbG1jaG5s

No comment.
That was a couple weeks ago. That doesnt take away from what happened by the way. Disgusting behaviour. Correct me if Im wrong but, it was Shamrock Rovers fans in Galway. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2024 at 2:03am
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 2:21pm
Daly gone at Pat's.  Not very loyal towards him or Clancy for that matter........................
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 10:54am
A good few teams will be on the lookout for a new manager sooner rather than later. The league needs to look abroad i would suggest as the LOI merry go round managers have now dried up. Sligo, Dundalk, Pats and i would suggest Bohs all need a change (yes i know Bohs changed but i always thought that was a poor appointment, don't see it going well). Duffer at the moment is the only manager who is over achieving.
I love beer gardens
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 10:08am
Limerick football shambles, from the BBC in 1983

Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 6:57pm
What a day of results 

Huge game in Derry tonight 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 1:37pm
I’d say Alan Caffrey thought that he’d get a different reaction to his interview with OTB the other day.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 62>
  Share Topic