FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 60>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General league of Ireland chat
    Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:53am
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 9:37am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Tolka pitch must be a real concern not doing Shels any favours with the few technical players they now have .

It's been in bits all season. Definitely impacting how we play, particularly against the sides who sit back and let us have the ball
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 9:36am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Given how well Farrell has spoken about how Duff has been supportive of his family situation, you’d have to imagine that Duff has exhausted all other options with him. 

It’s telling though that it’s mostly other fans who are critical of Duff here. Shels fan seem to think he’s right.

Yeah most of the noise is from other clubs' fans who don't watch Shane week in week out. His form has fallen off a cliff since the Cup final against Derry 

I'm backing Duff here. Sean Boyd also came out after the game 100% backing Duff so it's up to Shane now to use this as motivation to get his sh1t together or else sulk and end up playing LSL in a couple of years
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 8:03pm
Tolka pitch must be a real concern not doing Shels any favours with the few technical players they now have .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 7:29pm
The mollycoddling of players is too much if you ask me.

I'm all for managers speaking out like Duff did, and if Duff gets a reaction from him, then he will be proved right.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 5:12pm
Given how well Farrell has spoken about how Duff has been supportive of his family situation, you’d have to imagine that Duff has exhausted all other options with him. 

It’s telling though that it’s mostly other fans who are critical of Duff here. Shels fan seem to think he’s right.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If Duff is unable to handle a messer in the LOI, how will he manage discipline at a higher level ?

Less dipsos abroad.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 2:20pm
If Duff is unable to handle a messer in the LOI, how will he manage discipline at a higher level ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:36am
He said also in an OTB interview Farrell let his teammates, fans and all the clubs down by picking up 2 silly yellow cards forcing them to defend for rest of the game.

Kind of alluded to how he is living his life off the pitch a little slower to the tackle etc. 
Didn't back down when asked if the lateness to the tackles could have been related to only coming on as a sub and he said "no, that's what warm ups are for". 
He basically hung his player out to dry. 

Personally, I think it's well out of order to do that in public. Complete Jose style interview like another poster said. Went on about not eating again.

He is intriguing but very peculiar! 

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Apr 2024 at 11:38am
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:36am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:08am
What did Duffer say?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Farrell was one of our best players in Duff's 1st season but has fallen off a cliff since then. Apparently out on the beer all of the time hence Duff's comments. Duff has tried countless times and ways to get him to cop on and probably saw last night as the final straw, and final way of getting through to him. If it works, great. If not, Shane will be gone either in the summer or end of season. And if he doesn't get the head down, he'll be playing LSL in a couple of years. He's miles off it the past 2 seasons

Duff is fond of a night out too according to my sources. 

Maybe he should have a sesh with Farrell to work things out.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:03am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Farrell was one of our best players in Duff's 1st season but has fallen off a cliff since then. Apparently out on the beer all of the time hence Duff's comments. Duff has tried countless times and ways to get him to cop on and probably saw last night as the final straw, and final way of getting through to him. If it works, great. If not, Shane will be gone either in the summer or end of season. And if he doesn't get the head down, he'll be playing LSL in a couple of years. He's miles off it the past 2 seasons

Why is Duff picking him? 

I genuinely think Duffer likes Farrell and really wants to help develop him and has tried everything. Keeps on him, keeps picking him as he sees hit potential. But last night is probably the last straw. Shane has lots of ability and potential but he seems to be p1ssing it away. 

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of players that will take hold of the ball and take players on (Burt and Jarvis the only 2), and Farrell would be a huge player for us if he was playing to his potential

For me, he's had more than enough chances at this stage and hasn't produced. 

But that's all just guess work. I'm sure there's loads going on behind the scenes for Duffer to publicly out him like he did. And in my opinion he wouldn't have done that if there wasn't a need for it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 10:32am
I always get the feeling that Duffer is acting and it’s all a bit put on.  He admired Jose and he is adopting his personality for management.  Doesn’t seem authentic.  Let’s see how it plays out.  
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 9:57am

Why is Duff picking him? 
I was thinking this too. 
Completely OTT from Duffer imo 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 9:57am

Why is Duff picking him? 

Exactly if you are questioning a players intensity & how he lives his life off the pitch then why are you bringing him on in a top of the table derby clash? If Farrell let his team down then I think Duff has as well.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 9:43am

Why is Duff picking him? 
El Puto Amo
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 9:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 60>
  Share Topic