Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 34>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 8:52am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Is the fella always injured or wha lads ? 

Always bigged up for us, never gets a kick.
Hes fit, just not starting for Norwich 

If he's not starting for Norwich, I can't see him starting for Forest. 

Really don't know why they signed him. He's always injured too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 8:58am
He wasn't starting because they were always intending to sell him before the window closed.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 9:00am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He wasn't starting because they were always intending to sell him before the window closed.

Doesn't take away from the fact he's very injury prone unfortunately. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 9:07am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Also managers have opinions and football is a game of opinions and the manager at Norwich may not have wanted to play him knowing he was leaving whereas forest like to play football and have spent 20m on a young player so are likely to give him a go.  I think if he stays fit he has the ability to be our best defender.  Lots of natural talent there and his performance against Portugal was top drawer.  Long term himself O Shea and Collins is a very good back three. 
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 9:13am
Great for him. He has a bit of class about him. Forest have obviously some sort of plan that he suits. 

His injuries have held him back so that is the risk factor for a buying club but if he's fit then there is a player with quality and huge potential.

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Sep 2023 at 9:14am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 9:38am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's 21 so doesn't count towards Premier League 25 man squad totals. He's classed as home-grown which will help next season when he will count as part of their 25 man squad. Also he's a fast, ball playing centre back. Good young centre backs are not that easily found. Quick ones that are as comfortable on the ball as Omobamidele even less so. 

All those things add to his value. The main drawback, as pointed out by yourself and others, is his injury record. But it doesn't seem to be any single recurring issue so he's maybe just been unlucky with injuries in the last couple of years. Hopefully.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:47am

Would make him the second most expensive Irish player ever, after Nathan Collins, if it goes through (adjusted for inflation Robbie Keane and Damien Duff also went for more).

Norwich look to be signing Danny Baath, not Cashin, as his replacement.

I saw £20mn last night, but I see the Beeb reporting £11mn this morning.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:50am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Great for him. He has a bit of class about him. Forest have obviously some sort of plan that he suits. 

His injuries have held him back so that is the risk factor for a buying club but if he's fit then there is a player with quality and huge potential.

This is the problem, you couldnt be sure that they do have a plan - they seem to have such a harem scarem approach to transfers and there is a huge amount of churn, often without players even getting a meaningful first team chance. Hopefully thats not the case for Andrew but I would have concerns.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:52am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Would make him the second most expensive Irish player ever, after Nathan Collins, if it goes through (adjusted for inflation Robbie Keane and Damien Duff also went for more).

It's apparently £11m up front with a further £9m in "achievable" add-ons to make the £20m. So Forest will call that £11m and Norwich will call it £20m.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Sep 2023 at 10:53am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:53am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He wasnt starting for Norwich because of the transfer speculation and the expectation that he would leave, it had nothing to do with ability. He started 27 Chship games last season plus 7 sub apps and was also captaining their side at the back end of the season at the age of 20. He is 6 months younger than Troy Parrott, both of whom are still U21 eligible.

Thats why they bought him!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:54am

It's apparently £11m up front with a further £9m in "achievable" add-ons to make the £20m. So Forest will call that £11m and Norwich will call it £20m.

Makes sense, what do we call it though? 2nd highest fee ever or not?
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:57am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Featured in 34 of their 46 Chship games last season, so not terrible for a 20yo. He certainly has had injury issues, but let's hope they clear up as he matures, very injury prone is a stretch for a 20yo playing CB in the Chship.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 10:58am
I think it's usually the bigger total in these cases. Most transfers only include a smaller percentage of the overall fee quoted by the media to be paid up front.
Hatsoff View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatsoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 12:45pm
he played loads last season.

I'm not sure if it's a good move for him.
He's probably tripled his salary at least so it's good from that perspective but lots of competition at Forest. Maybe he'd be better off with another full season in the Championship. It's hard to turn down a PL move also.
Also surprised Norwich sold him.sunce they obviously want to bounce back up whilst they have the parachute payments.

I could see him going out on loan again in January. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 1:13pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

This is the problem, you couldnt be sure that they do have a plan - they seem to have such a harem scarem approach to transfers and there is a huge amount of churn, often without players even getting a meaningful first team chance. Hopefully thats not the case for Andrew but I would have concerns.

Forest transfer approach the last 3 windows does seem to be like a kid going for the next shiny new thing. Not much structure. But I don't think their CBs are any thing special and I think they at least sometimes play a back 3. Cooper is a pretty decent coach too. So hopefully will work out for him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 1:26pm
Norwich may have a ready made Irish replacement for Andrew. Adegboyega scored a winner for their U21s earlier!
Idah Dream!
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 6:46pm
Leixlip must be getting a big pay day with this deal
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:06pm
Has been added to the squad. Egan must be a doubt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 34>
  Share Topic