Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57778
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 9:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Andrew Omobamidele
Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Subject: Andrew Omobamidele
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 2:06pm
Makes his first start for Norwich this afternoon. Preston the opponents.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Replies:
Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Makes his first start for Norwich this afternoon. Preston the opponents.
Seen Ben Gibson is out for the season. Hopefully he does well and gets a run of games.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 2:21pm
Good to see him starting. Hopefully can push in and add to our options and nice to see another young half on the scene

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm
Outstanding. Looks a real prospect 

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:50pm
He was outstanding in our U21 game against Wales. A standout. Ben Gibson is out for a while so hopefully he does well today and might even get a run for the season. 

They have promotion all but wrapped up with 2 wins today and against Huddersfield to my eyes. Win today with him in the side would hopefully see him play the next day and so on and for the purpose of taking the pressure off would be huge for him.

Posted By: Nialler
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:58pm
Norwich Fans are saying he is having a very good game and his positioning is excellent. very assured.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Norwich Fans are saying he is having a very good game and his positioning is excellent. very assured.

See it on twitter alright pulled off some block for what would have been a sure fire goal. Hope they hold out now. 

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

See it on twitter alright pulled off some block for what would have been a sure fire goal. Hope they hold out now. 

Fans forum there loving him too. good stuff.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:56pm
Absolutely lousy end to the game for the lad. not done anything too wrong but just didnt deserve to be on Sky sports deflecting into his own goal

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:00pm
He was good, very unfortunate with the equaliser ball went through his legs

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:00pm

Absolutely lousy end to the game for the lad. not done anything too wrong but just didnt deserve to be on Sky sports deflecting into his own goal

Of course it f**king did. Asking for an Irish player to get any sort of positive luck this year is like asking for the skies to rain money. 

Even if he’s had a great game that may put off Farke from giving him a run now. I hope it doesn’t.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:03pm

Of course it f**king did. Asking for an Irish player to get any sort of positive luck this year is like asking for the skies to rain money. 

Even if he’s had a great game that may put off Farke from giving him a run now. I hope it doesn’t.

Norwich fans : "So unfortunate for Omobamidele - played so well all game and then the shot just squeezes through his legs and deflects into the near post... really unlucky but nothing he could do."

"That just isn't right. Had a monster debut and nothing he could do there"

I doubt that puts Farke off. I think he will have liked what he saw there. It should have been about 5 nil. Fact was he got himself in a great position to block that was just unlucky. Saved a certain goal earlier.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:05pm

Norwich fans : "So unfortunate for Omobamidele - played so well all game and then the shot just squeezes through his legs and deflects into the near post... really unlucky but nothing he could do."

"That just isn't right. Had a monster debut and nothing he could do there"

I doubt that puts Farke off. I think he will have liked what he saw there. It should have been about 5 nil. Fact was he got himself in a great position to block that was just unlucky. Saved a certain goal earlier.

Hopefully not now as it would just be typical. Whatever it is Irish players for all they have been bad just don’t seem to be getting an ounce of luck. Everything is going wrong for them.

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:09pm
Pukki missed a hatful apparently. Maybe good news for Idah when his legs grow back

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Pukki missed a hatful apparently. Maybe good news for Idah when his legs grow back
  Should have had a couple at least.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1378024869825249286" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1378024869825249286

MoM for Andrew

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:17pm

Whose he gonna replace him with, both second and third choice CBs are out injured. Gibson's season is over and Zimmerman is out for a month minimum.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Whose he gonna replace him with, both second and third choice CBs are out injured. Gibson's season is over and Zimmerman is out for a month minimum.

Yep. Could play the last 8 games if he gets a run and takes it.

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:08pm
Omobamidele starts again today for Norwich.

Posted By: GaretFarellysNutSack
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:19pm
any allegiance issues with this guy? 

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:43pm
[QUOTE=GaretFarellysNutSack]any allegiance issues with this guy? [/QUOTE

He's from Leixlip so it would be hard to know if he supports Kildare or Dublin in the Gah.

Posted By: DublinScouse1916
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:48pm
I heard he's got a bad attitude

Posted By: Liam Green
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:15pm
comes across very level headed and focused lad to me anytime I’ve seen little interviews. I would have no worries on his commitment to Ireland and I don’t think he’d have made it to the Norwich city first team at 18 if his attitude was bad 

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

comes across very level headed and focused lad to me anytime I’ve seen little interviews. I would have no worries on his commitment to Ireland and I don’t think he’d have made it to the Norwich city first team at 18 if his attitude was bad 
Dublin-scouse-attitude! You should have passed on that.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:09pm
Watching the game. Impressive performance again had twice covered/prevented potential clear openings with subtle but vital interceptions. Very good on the ball too exceptional in keeping with that side in general.

Perfect night for him and the difference is the attackers have been clinical tonight. 17 pts clear promotion is all but assured. Will hopefully see him keep his place for the rest of the year and after that then who knows

He had looked a standout for the 21s against Wales too but into a side like Norwich at a high level it’s always a leap of faith. 

It’s a positive for Idah too hopefully he can get back fit for the last few games with promotion pretty much wrapped up he might even get a few starts.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:39pm
Poor fella looks like he's getting a right good dressing down off Farke there, you'd swear they'd lost by 7 they way he's lecturing him.LOL

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
How good is this guy? Haven't seen him play yet. Few years ago we cudnt invent a centre half now we can give them away. Typical and not a striker in sight.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
Early days for him but he has been rated at underage for a while and has made a solid start as a senior player. Collins, Omobamidele and O'Shea has the making of a good three at the back combination down the line. Could really do with some decent young wing backs as well though if we're going to continue playing that way, particularly on the left side, lots of young Irish left backs around but nobody standing out so far.

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:11pm
Disagree re left backs, Manning coming along nicley, Connell also, plus Stevens has a a good 3 4 years left in him at least.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Disagree re left backs, Manning coming along nicley, Connell also, plus Stevens has a a good 3 4 years left in him at least.

Not sure about that - Manning is great going forward but very average defensively, Connell is playing in the Scottish fourth division and is too slow to be an international left wing back anyway, he'll be a central midfielder if he makes it. Stevens is playing poorly this season and would be dropped if we had anyone decent to replace him.

There's a ton of young Irish left sided defenders coming through, Richards, Flynn, Roughan, Furlong, O'Malley, Bagan if he's joining us to name a few, but nobody standing out in the position so far in the way the centre backs are.

Roughan is only 17 and might be the pick of the bunch but there's a good chance he'll end up playing centre back longer term as well.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm

Manning is almost 25. Nothing I've seen of him so far makes me think he has another gear to go up. Decent career in the championship and an Ireland squad player is my prediction.

I'm not sure if Stevens will have done enough on form to get a move back to the premiership in the summer. He'll deffo be knocking around our squad for another few years though.

Connell is the enigma. New regime at Celtic is vital for him. 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm
Wonder what Farke was onto him about. 

There must've been something that annoyed him if he couldn't wait until they got into the dressing room as it's in full view of the cameras. 

Glad he got to start tonight and delighted for the lad all the same. Clap 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:39pm
It felt a bit like Farke was doing that exactly because he knew the cameras were on him. Trying to be like Guardiola it seemed. To be fair I'm sure he had something he wanted to get across and Omobamidele should probably take it as a complement that he wanted to focus on him in particular out of the 11 players in the team.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It felt a bit like Farke was doing that exactly because he knew the cameras were on him. Trying to be like Guardiola it seemed. To be fair I'm sure he had something he wanted to get across and Omobamidele should probably take it as a complement that he wanted to focus on him in particular out of the 11 players in the team.

I think it was to do with his positioning off a quick Huddersfield throw in he was caught flat footed briefly towards to the end. 

Other then that a fine game for him. Collins O’Shea Omobamidele Mcguinness O’Hora even Paudie O’Connor I suspect will move up at least one division in the summer. No shortage of centre backs. 

As for wing backs McNamara is flying for Millwall at the moment progressing relentlessly. Lee O’Connor the only other although he may be a decent midfielder in time. 

Thomas O’Connor 21 playing left back on loan from Southampton at Gillingham is doing fine.  Richards Flynn O’Malley Bagan presuming he’s coming on board also. All only 19 so young lads still. Be interested to see will the 2 lads at Wolves and Leicester go out on loan next summer or show any signs of breaking into their respective sides via Cup games even.

Roughan another centre back possibly although has played full back for Lincoln. 

No shortage there.  

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:08pm
Have to say Furlong looks to have a lot of quality any time ive seen him for Brighton u23s recently.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:14pm

Have to say Furlong looks to have a lot of quality any time ive seen him for Brighton u23s recently.

Yes seems to be doing well Brighton have plenty Irish lads. Everett Moran Ferguson also. Furlong from doing the numbers was the 3rd youngest in this years U23 squad for Brighton (June 2002) yet is still well over 2 years then Ferguson (Oct 2004). Ferguson playing with mostly lads up to 3/4 years older then him and more then capable as he’s showing already. 

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:41pm
We have a few of young players as mentioned above but what we need is premier league quality players. 

I'd say Collins, oshea, egan and omobamadele give us some good options in the CB position and look premier league players albeit a bit early for some.

Left and right back has been our strongest areas for a couple of years but I feel Doherty and Stevens look like shadows of their former selves and we have no real quality back ups. Coleman of course is our best player but time is not on his side.

Midfield is a shambles, molumby can't get a game, knight has lost form pretty badly, hourihane and Hendrick are our best options but they are both poor for years neither of these players look premier league quality anymore

Forwards.... connolly looks the only one that might prove to be premier league quality.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

We have a few of young players as mentioned above but what we need is premier league quality players. 

I'd say Collins, oshea, egan and omobamadele give us some good options in the CB position and look premier league players albeit a bit early for some.

Left and right back has been our strongest areas for a couple of years but I feel Doherty and Stevens look like shadows of their former selves and we have no real quality back ups. Coleman of course is our best player but time is not on his side.

Midfield is a shambles, molumby can't get a game, knight has lost form pretty badly, hourihane and Hendrick are our best options but they are both poor for years neither of these players look premier league quality anymore

Forwards.... connolly looks the only one that might prove to be premier league quality.

I think the reality is we may have to eat a lot of sh*t in the next 3 or 4 years. The hope for me is in the next 4/5/6 through sheer numbers we will get a nice few of these lads develop into top flight players. 

Jason Knight is gone off the boil a while now and he needs a well earned break. He is all go and playing that way week in week out twice a week at 19 it’s bound to catch up with him. I wouldn’t judge him too harshly on that. Hendrick it’s hard to know what to make and Hourihane we know his limitations quirks etc.

Actually the summer break is no harm for Ireland certainly for the likes of Knight. Gives some of the players most of June and some of July off a much needed break for the injured lads etc and will also give plenty of the younger lads a chance to make a mark pre season at club level with plenty senior players on international duty. 

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

I think the reality is we may have to eat a lot of sh*t in the next 3 or 4 years. The hope for me is in the next 4/5/6 through sheer numbers we will get a nice few of these lads develop into top flight players. 

Jason Knight is gone off the boil a while now and he needs a well earned break. He is all go and playing that way week in week out twice a week at 19 it’s bound to catch up with him. I wouldn’t judge him too harshly on that. Hendrick it’s hard to know what to make and Hourihane we know his limitations quirks etc.

Actually the summer break is no harm for Ireland certainly for the likes of Knight. Gives some of the players most of June and some of July off a much needed break for the injured lads etc and will also give plenty of the younger lads a chance to make a mark pre season at club level with plenty senior players on international duty. 

It's you that needs a break, Kevin. Allow up to six more years of shambles before this Golden Generation delivers? You're extending their apprenticeship until mid-late twenties? Good post, Left Foot. 

How exactly by stating 18-21 year olds it might be 4-5 years at least before they start to hit their peak?  

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:12am

Its when you make a mistake and you get ignored by the manager that you need to worry...i'd see it as positive that Farke wanted to go through something with him in detail after the game.  Thought Omobamidele looked very assured last night for an 18 year old, not exactly under pressure admittedly.   

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:14am

Midfielders going through a poor patch, Knight i wouldn't worry about, ridiculous amount of game time in a struggling team where he does the running for about three players.

Keep an eye out for Jack Taylor Peterborough.  If he keeps going way he's going he'll be a premier league player within next couple of seasons.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Midfielders going through a poor patch, Knight i wouldn't worry about, ridiculous amount of game time in a struggling team where he does the running for about three players.

It's why I think a move away from Derby could be ideal for him. Work with a better manager who'll try and develop more of your game before all you're known for is the lad that runs around a lot.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:39am
You're most likely right in some of those cases - Manning, O'Connor, Coventry and Travers. Based on their careers to date you'd predict Championship or League 1 at best for those guys at this point.

Too early to tell for Molumby, Parrott and Idah - particularly Parrott and Idah, they're both teenagers (well Idah has just turned 20) who have a good bit of first team experience, it seems very unfair to write them off at this point. Personally I think Idah will come good in a couple of years. There are not many centre forwards his age playing first team football at a high level, I'd like to see him go on loan rather than make sporadic appearances for Norwich in the EPL next season.

You also left out half a dozen other players who are probably more highly rated than all of the above currently - O'Shea/Knight/Collins/Bazunu/Collins/Kelleher

We probably haven't had a full team of established premier league players since the early 1990s, maybe even the late 80s, we don't necessarily need that to have a decent international team. Half a team of good quality top division players mixed with some lower end premier league players and a few better Championship players has gotten us a long way in the past. I can see us getting back to that within two or three years.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:47am
I'm more confident about our future goalkeeping and central defensive options and the level that they will play at, than our left/right back, midfield and forward options.

Midfield I would say knight and Smallbone are our best bet at premier league quality.

Forward, we have two teenagers playing mens football in Parrott and Idah. I think the optics that they are playing mens football as teenagers gets missed as they are not scoring hattricks every game. The could be stuck in u23s or even u20s.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:00pm
Great stuff that he is playing and impressing. With Norwich all but guaranteed to win the league, plenty of more opportunities could come his way. Be amazing if he is keeping his place in the PL next season. 

Omobamidele, O'Shea, Nathan Collins coming through, Egan a good age, looking like we are not going to be so short on CBs. 

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm

You're most likely right in some of those cases - Manning, O'Connor, Coventry and Travers. Based on their careers to date you'd predict Championship or League 1 at best for those guys at this point.

Too early to tell for Molumby, Parrott and Idah - particularly Parrott and Idah, they're both teenagers (well Idah has just turned 20) who have a good bit of first team experience, it seems very unfair to write them off at this point. Personally I think Idah will come good in a couple of years. There are not many centre forwards his age playing first team football at a high level, I'd like to see him go on loan rather than make sporadic appearances for Norwich in the EPL next season.

You also left out half a dozen other players who are probably more highly rated than all of the above currently - O'Shea/Knight/Collins/Bazunu/Collins/Kelleher

We probably haven't had a full team of established premier league players since the early 1990s, maybe even the late 80s, we don't necessarily need that to have a decent international team. Half a team of good quality top division players mixed with some lower end premier league players and a few better Championship players has gotten us a long way in the past. I can see us getting back to that within two or three years.

Sorry, this is complete nonsense. The team that played Spain in 2002:

Given (Newcastle, finished 4th in the PL)
Gary Kelly (Leeds, finished 5th)
Staunton  (Villa, finished 8th)
Breen (Coventry, Championship)
Harte (Leeds, finished 5th)
Finnan (Fulham, finished 13th)
Kinsella (Charlton, finished 9th)
Holland (Ipswich, relegated, played European football that season)
Kilbane (Sunderland, stayed up)
Duff (Blackburn, finished 10th)
Keane (On loan at Leeds the season before the WC, moved to Spurs after)

Subs:
Quinn (Sunderland)
Cunningham (Wimbeldon, Championship)
Connolly (Wimbeldon, Championship)

I don't necessarily disagree that you need a full team of PL talent in order to qualify for tournaments and compete like but the 2002 team was full of top players

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:13pm
I have posted previously about the 02 team here. They pretty much fit the bill of what I'm describing actually.

There was a spine of established premier league quality, and the rest of the squad was filled by relegation strugglers and Championship players like Breen, Connolly, Morrison etc. That standard of squad is achievable for us in five years I'd say, other than we probably won't have a Roy Keane or Robbie Keane type standout player in there unfortunately.

What's most interesting is the various ages at which the 23 players in that squad developed. I'd say a lot of ybig posters would have looked at 21 or 22 year old Mark Kinsella, as an example, and said that's a player who will never be good enough for us. He had achieved a lot less than say Jayson Molumby at a similar age. Matt Holland would be another example.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:14pm

It's you that needs a break, Kevin. Allow up to six more years of shambles before this Golden Generation delivers? You're extending their apprenticeship until mid-late twenties? Good post, Left Foot. 

How exactly by stating 18-21 year olds it might be 4-5 years at least before they start to hit their peak?  
You said 4/5/6 years but, ok, I conveniently choose the longest scenario. It's my unpopular but consistent opinion the peaks of Molumby, Parrott, Idah, Manning, O'Connor, Coventry, Travers etc will see them outside the PL or even the Championship. I'm less optimistic than you they'll take us to a better level and prove better than current players they will replace. 

Okay tbf I don’t necessarily disagree with the names you mention. I think Idah still has huge potential to be a top flight striker but the rest of them yes they will struggle to carve out PL careers. Molumby included who I still have hopes for but the jury is slightly out.

Also by then you will get the 03,04,05 crop of young players coming into it so hopefully we will get players from those year groups showing promise. 

I was talking more so in terms of needing PL players of course we need them but I suspect it for the next few years bleak. 

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:49pm

I have posted previously about the 02 team here. They pretty much fit the bill of what I'm describing actually.

There was a spine of established premier league quality, and the rest of the squad was filled by relegation strugglers and Championship players like Breen, Connolly, Morrison etc. That standard of squad is achievable for us in five years I'd say, other than we probably won't have a Roy Keane or Robbie Keane type standout player in there unfortunately.

What's most interesting is the various ages at which the 23 players in that squad developed. I'd say a lot of ybig posters would have looked at 21 or 22 year old Mark Kinsella, as an example, and said that's a player who will never be good enough for us. He had achieved a lot less than say Jayson Molumby at a similar age. Matt Holland would be another example.

Looking at transfermarkts current stats 19 Irish player have played PL football this year. What’s damning is only 3 of them are aged between 23-28. Egan Robinson and Dunne. We have 6 under 22 and 10 players 29 or over. Surely the middle aged lads should be higher and the younger ages lower?

The way it’s going we could easily be waiting until Caoimhin Kelleher turns 23 in November before we have a player between 23-28 in a PL squad unless Manning goes up with Swansea or a player is signed. That’s what I mean by it may get worse looking before it gets better. 

Yes for sure we have no idea who will end up where. Hourihane was playing L2 football in his early 20s as were Egan Stevens Randolph I think too. 

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:00pm

Germany 1-0 Ireland
Saturday, 2nd September 2006
Given(Newcastle)
Carr(Newcastle)
O'Brien(Portsmouth)
Dunne(Manchester City)
Kilbane(Everton)
Finnan(Liverpool)
Reid(Blackburn)
O'Shea(Manchester United)
Duff(Newcastle)
Doyle(Reading)
Keane(Tottenham hotspur)

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Germany 1-0 Ireland
Given(Newcastle)
Carr(Newcastle)
O'Brien(Portsmouth)
Dunne(Manchester City)
Kilbane(Everton)
Finnan(Liverpool)
Reid(Blackburn)
Duff(Newcastle)
Doyle(Reading)
Keane(Tottenham hotspur)
Is that the last time it has happened?

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:20pm

Germany 1-0 Ireland
Given(Newcastle)
Carr(Newcastle)
O'Brien(Portsmouth)
Dunne(Manchester City)
Kilbane(Everton)
Finnan(Liverpool)
Reid(Blackburn)
Duff(Newcastle)
Doyle(Reading)
Keane(Tottenham hotspur)

Incidentally the subs in that game were Alan O'Brien, Aiden McGeady and Stephen Elliott.

I mean we can usually put out an 11 that are premier league players if we want to, we could do that this season even - Randolph, Egan, Clark, Coleman, Doherty, Stevens, McCarthy, Hendrick, Brady, Connolly, Robinson would be a 3-5-2 of players that have played a reasonable amount in the league this season. But that's not really the point I'm making though, the issue is that people are suggesting that if, say, Jayson Molumby's level is ultimately a high end Championship player that's no use to us - that's not the case, we have always used Championship level players to good effect and been relatively successful while doing so. 

If we can get a spine of a team playing at a good level consistently in the premier league (or an equivalent European league) we can build the team around that without needing every player to go on to be a 10 season EPL stalwart.

Incidentally, if you have the info, I would be interested to know when was the last time we played an international match with all players including used subs coming from Premier League teams. Not to make a point or anything, just more out of curiousity?

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Germany 1-0 Ireland
Given(Newcastle)
Carr(Newcastle)
O'Brien(Portsmouth)
Dunne(Manchester City)
Kilbane(Everton)
Finnan(Liverpool)
Reid(Blackburn)
Duff(Newcastle)
Doyle(Reading)
Keane(Tottenham hotspur)
Is that the last time it has happened?
Yep, that came up here before. I'm pretty sure it's right, open to correction on it.

Germany 1-0 Ireland
Given(Newcastle)
Carr(Newcastle)
O'Brien(Portsmouth)
Dunne(Manchester City)
Kilbane(Everton)
Finnan(Liverpool)
Reid(Blackburn)
Duff(Newcastle)
Doyle(Reading)
Keane(Tottenham hotspur)

Incidentally the subs in that game were Alan O'Brien, Aiden McGeady and Stephen Elliott.

I mean we can usually put out an 11 that are premier league players if we want to, we could do that this season even - Randolph, Egan, Clark, Coleman, Doherty, Stevens, McCarthy, Hendrick, Brady, Connolly, Robinson would be a 3-5-2 of players that have played a reasonable amount in the league this season. But that's not really the point I'm making though, the issue is that people are suggesting that if, say, Jayson Molumby's level is ultimately a high end Championship player that's no use to us - that's not the case, we have always used Championship level players to good effect and been relatively successful while doing so. 

If we can get a spine of a team playing at a good level consistently in the premier league (or an equivalent European league) we can build the team around that without needing every player to go on to be a 10 season EPL stalwart.

Incidentally, if you have the info, I would be interested to know when was the last time we played an international match with all players including used subs coming from Premier League teams. Not to make a point or anything, just more out of curiousity?

Should be able to put that together, let me get back to you

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:26pm
Looking through most half-decent international teams at the moment you don't need anything close to a team of Premier League regulars to be of a good standard.

If we had one defender, one midfielder and one striker who were playing regularly and were one of the main men for their clubs, then we would be laughing.

What we lack along with quality, is a player or two who is used to bearing responsibility at club level, i.e. a Robbie Keane who popped up with goals for Spurs whenever called upon. 

All of our current squad are completely dispensable at club level. Would any of their club teams be worse off if they sold one of our players, or if they got injured?

It pains me to say it, but it's two or three players of Declan Rice's standard, or James Maddison, Patrick Bamford etc who we really need.

Decent higher-midtable players who are used to pressure at club level and who improve the performance levels of the stop-gap players around them. 

Look at some of the sh*te that has lined out for Wales alongside Bale and Ramsey over the years.

If you added those three players to our current squad, we'd have a decent chance of qualifying for competitions regularly. 

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:50pm
Look at Scotland now.  We were on a par with them in 2015 but as our older players have got worse their 93 to 98 born players have come through at Liverpool man utd and villa etc with a decent supporting cast from Celtic etc. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:56pm

Thanks!

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Looking through most half-decent international teams at the moment you don't need anything close to a team of Premier League regulars to be of a good standard.

If we had one defender, one midfielder and one striker who were playing regularly and were one of the main men for their clubs, then we would be laughing.

What we lack along with quality, is a player or two who is used to bearing responsibility at club level, i.e. a Robbie Keane who popped up with goals for Spurs whenever called upon. 

All of our current squad are completely dispensable at club level. Would any of their club teams be worse off if they sold one of our players, or if they got injured?

It pains me to say it, but it's two or three players of Declan Rice's standard, or James Maddison, Patrick Bamford etc who we really need.

Decent higher-midtable players who are used to pressure at club level and who improve the performance levels of the stop-gap players around them. 

Look at some of the sh*te that has lined out for Wales alongside Bale and Ramsey over the years.

If you added those three players to our current squad, we'd have a decent chance of qualifying for competitions regularly. 

Would agree with pretty much all of that. If say one of Kelleher and Bazunu in goal, two of O'Shea, Collins and Omobamidele at centre back, Knight in midfield and even just one of our young forwards went on to become quality EPL players (by that I mean Given/Dunne/John O'Shea/Doyle standard players) it would put us in a very good position and we'd fill out the team comfortably enough from there to have a pretty good side.

Rice was unquestionably a huge loss though, out of all the decent players we have emerging lately I'm not sure we have one that has the potential that he has relative to his age. Collins might be the nearest but Rice would be rated well ahead of him at the moment.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:00pm
Rice and Grealish are huge losses but that’s life and from a career point of view you can’t argue their choice.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:32pm

Thanks!

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Would agree with pretty much all of that. If say one of Kelleher and Bazunu in goal, two of O'Shea, Collins and Omobamidele at centre back, Knight in midfield and even just one of our young forwards went on to become quality EPL players (by that I mean Given/Dunne/John O'Shea/Doyle standard players) it would put us in a very good position and we'd fill out the team comfortably enough from there to have a pretty good side.

Rice was unquestionably a huge loss though, out of all the decent players we have emerging lately I'm not sure we have one that has the potential that he has relative to his age. Collins might be the nearest but Rice would be rated well ahead of him at the moment.

For me it's all about potential partnerships you can make on the pitch by selecting talented players alongside relatively average players. 

For example, John O'Shea or Richard Dunne often made Sean St Ledger look decent for Ireland in a partnership at the back. St Ledger was very average player but was always beside a very experienced player so rarely let us down.

I hate to keep using him as an example, but if you had Rice in our midfield, then the pressure is off the likes of Hourihane or Browne (won't stretch it to Hendrick) and they can play with a bit more freedom to go and try to create chances. 

If you had a prime Robbie Keane up front you could partner him with an Idah or Parrott and allow the young lads the time to try and find their feet at international level. Whereas Kenny gave Idah his debut as a lone striker and the onus was then on him to become the goal scorer straight off the bat. 

There's no one in the team to show these young lads how to win games, or who is used to rising to an occasion and being the top dog for their club.

As much as I can't stand Wales and Scotland, they've both got players at clubs such as Juventus, Spurs (Madrid), Manchester United, Liverpool and even Celtic, where these lads are learning to win every week. 

Just a sprinkling is all we need, three or four players who could consistently play for the likes of Spurs or Everton and consistently be amongst their best players every season, the rest of our team would improve by their presence alone.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:13pm

I think it's the 1-1 draw with Israel in March 2005
Shay Given(Newcastle Utd)
John O'Shea(Manchester United)
Andy O'Brien(Newcastle Utd)
Kenny Cunningham(Birmingham City)
Stephen Carr(Newcastle Utd)
Kevin Kilbane(Everton)
Roy Keane(Manchester United)
Steve Finnan(Liverpool)
Damien Duff(Chelsea)
Clinton Morrison(Birmingham City)
Robbie Keane(Tottenham)

Matt Holland, then with Chalrton, came on for Clinton Morrison with five minutes to go

I wrote an article about all-Premier League XIs a few years ago: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=156508102060980330" rel="nofollow - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=156508102060980330

-------------

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:27pm
good to see an 18 yr old taking his chance and looking so comfortable for a team playing so well. hopefully he gets a few more games before the end of the year, maybe a loan next year would do him well

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:28pm
The standard of international football is more often than not vastly overrated. If we had another three really good players coming through in key areas of the pitch, we could easily compete with most teams outside the top 10 in the world. 

You'd have to assume one of these players coming through is a striker, but it's fine margins in international football. A relatively settled team who's well drilled and knows exactly what they're doing can go quite far in international football.

A few good players come along at the same time and suddenly your fortunes can change very quickly in international football. The fact is it's been 20 years since we've had a few good players coming along at same time our current state shows.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Look at Scotland now.  We were on a par with them in 2015 but as our older players have got worse their 93 to 98 born players have come through at Liverpool man utd and villa etc with a decent supporting cast from Celtic etc. 

This comes back to the point it’s going to take 4/5 years for the younger lads like an Idah Collins Kelleher let’s say to name 3 to get to that level if they do at all.

Scotland are a great example. Ireland and Scotland have had 19 players get PL minutes this season identical 

Only 3 Irish players players between the ages of 23-28 have seen PL football this year for us Egan Robinson Dunne. 

Scotland in contrast have 8 between 23-28 in the League. Mctominay Robertson McGinn Tierney Adam’s etc included. 

We have 7 lads 22 or under that have seen PL game time compared to Scotland’s 2. That’s the difference basically we stopped producing players the last decade due to off the field neglect and it’s showing.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
exactly and the sooner people realise that the better.  Kenny has to show signs of progress before the end of his contracted to be trusted with the job of managing these lads as they come into their prime years. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:36pm
Personally I don’t think Kenny will be the man long term from what I see but I’d be happy to see him play the summer and September games and have us try to continue with the style of play etc blood some of the younger players. 

If the results improve wholesale then yes obviously that would be a different conversation. 

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:24pm
As I said, I think even a really solid good finisher playing at good level would make a massive difference to us, maybe we wouldn't beat the likes of Portugal but we be winning more games against teams on par or below us.i would be offering Liam delap a starting position for the next qualifier if I was Kenny. He probably wouldn't except it anyway

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

As I said, I think even a really solid good finisher playing at good level would make a massive difference to us, maybe we wouldn't beat the likes of Portugal but we be winning more games against teams on par or below us.i would be offering Liam delap a starting position for the next qualifier if I was Kenny. He probably wouldn't except it anyway

Delap won't be playing for us, but like all our young hopefuls the last 24 months, caution is needed.

Troy was drafted into the Spurs team summer of 2019 under Poch. Had a great showing in Asian tournament. Can barely hit a barn door in League 1 now.

Delap is no different. I'll believe it when I see it. Until a player performs consistently at a high level, then we can start waxing lyrical about them. 

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:38pm

Personally I don’t think Kenny will be the man long term from what I see but I’d be happy to see him play the summer and September games and have us try to continue with the style of play etc blood some of the younger players. 

If the results improve wholesale then yes obviously that would be a different conversation. 

I feel that, unfortunately for Kenny, it will be the next manager who benefits from Kenny's work here and Kenny knows that.

As the old saying goes, 'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.'

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:32am

Looking at transfermarkts current stats 19 Irish player have played PL football this year. What’s damning is only 3 of them are aged between 23-28. Egan Robinson and Dunne. We have 6 under 22 and 10 players 29 or over. Surely the middle aged lads should be higher and the younger ages lower?

The way it’s going we could easily be waiting until Caoimhin Kelleher turns 23 in November before we have a player between 23-28 in a PL squad unless Manning goes up with Swansea or a player is signed. That’s what I mean by it may get worse looking before it gets better. 

Yes for sure we have no idea who will end up where. Hourihane was playing L2 football in his early 20s as were Egan Stevens Randolph I think too. 

I noted the same thing a while back. There's literally not a single Republic of Ireland born player in a Premier league first team squad within an entire six year cycle (excluding Dunne's two appearances back at the beginning of the season) This must be entirely unprecedented in the history of the Premier League and even the first division that preceded it. This corresponds to the exact generation that should be the core of our team now and coming to their peak, and its just a black hole. 
Watching our  Under-21's numerous times during the latter part of Don Givens reign and the early part of Noel King's it was abundantly obvious that Grealish and Rice were the only players involved that had much hope of making top international performers, and both had more appealing options of course. The remainder looked like Championship players to be at best, and so it has proven. Everyone on here was laying the blame for the team's failure pretty much squarely on the managers, and while its obvious King at least barely had the interest in winning matches , let alone the competence (more interested in earning his bounty for picking lower league granny rulers) it was overlooking the fact the talent just wasn't there and that is why we are in the position we are now in world football. I actually pity Kenny, or anyone else who takes the job on. Our players are always (or at least usually) far overrated by Ireland fans so no manager can expect to fulfil public expectations, fuelled by the glory of the Charlton years.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I noted the same thing a while back. There's literally not a single Republic of Ireland born player in a Premier league first team squad within an entire six year cycle (excluding Dunne's two appearances back at the beginning of the season) This must be entirely unprecedented in the history of the Premier League and even the first division that preceded it. This corresponds to the exact generation that should be the core of our team now and coming to their peak, and its just a black hole. 
Watching our  Under-21's numerous times during the latter part of Don Givens reign and the early part of Noel King's it was abundantly obvious that Grealish and Rice were the only players involved that had much hope of making top international performers, and both had more appealing options of course. The remainder looked like Championship players to be at best, and so it has proven. Everyone on here was laying the blame for the team's failure pretty much squarely on the managers, and while its obvious King at least barely had the interest in winning matches , let alone the competence (more interested in earning his bounty for picking lower league granny rulers) it was overlooking the fact the talent just wasn't there and that is why we are in the position we are now in world football. I actually pity Kenny, or anyone else who takes the job on. Our players are always (or at least usually) far overrated by Ireland fans so no manager can expect to fulfil public expectations, fuelled by the glory of the Charlton years.

Yes this sums it up. Take homegrown options our
Goalkeepers: Randolph Westwood Kelleher Bazunu Travers 
Attackers: Long Maguire Idah Connolly Parrott Obafemi 

Common denominator bar Maguire your talking a decade between Randolph,Long and the younger lads. A reflection of the off the field sh*t.

Maguire Horgan Curtis Browne Manning Lenihan they are the homegrown options between 23-28. No PL potential player in there bar possibly Manning at a push.
Egan of course tops the list a fine player hes 28 at the moment. Even granny rulers Robinson and Cullen is making great strides the two stand outs. 

What we are left with now is player pushing on, or out of form/going off the boil and Kennys original U21s. 

Posted By: Landsdowne90
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:20pm
started again today and another clean sheet for Norwich

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

84 of 86 passes completed today I real elsewhere

Posted By: Landsdowne90
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Future CM for Ireland so. 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:43pm
Norwich are pretty much guaranteed premier league football next season. Having both Idah and omobanidele getting premier league experience will be very welcome indeed.

I suspect idah might go on loan though as the injuries have prevented him challenging for a starting place up front.

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:47pm
I would expect them to strengthen through the spine of the team, they stuck with the manager, the lads they had didn't keep them up last time, they will spend I'd say this time round. They won't be hanging their hopes on teenage key position players so premier league experience might not be easy to come by for our lads there.

Posted By: geansaí
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 6:12pm
I've seen a few people say similar in relation to Norwich making sightings but I wouldn't be so sure

They've tried the other route of splurging on big money signings and it nearly crippled them, they don't see relegation as the end of the world. I reckon they will make one or two small signings while banking most of the money. If they get relegated they will sell one or two big names and go all in on getting back up again. People seem to criticize them for it but it's a decent philosophy that won't bankrupt them and promotes youth.

Omobamidele will be in a decent position to benefit over the next few seasons from that philosophy, Idah would have been too if it wasn't for his injuries. Obviously if they go out and sign a striker it will be a different story for him but I'm hoping to see them both in the premiership next season

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Not correct. He was 98 for 106. 4th highest number of completed passes by a Norwich player in a single game this season. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487731/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021-Derby-Norwich" rel="nofollow - https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487731/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021-Derby-Norwich

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Great to see - is he in the team because of injury to a couple of players who’ve played most of the season or because the manager thinks it’s time to give him the chance. Would be great if he features for them next season.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:20pm
He's in because of injuries. But they don't have huge depth in the position and Grant Hanley has struggled with the step up to EPL football previously in his career, so it's encouraging to see him get the run and it's possible he may see some game time next season in the Premier League.

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Great to see - is he in the team because of injury to a couple of players who’ve played most of the season or because the manager thinks it’s time to give him the chance. Would be great if he features for them next season.

Ben Gibson and Zimmerman are injured hence he’s they keys to the office until the end of the season by the looks of it. Huge experience for him even if he’s only 3rd or 4th choice CB next year. He’s been exceptional since he’s come in general consensus from Norwich fans is he’s like a 28 year old so good today youd forget he was a kid. 

Posted By: Heimatklange
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 10:54am
Always nice when you see a player unexpectedly make a breakthrough, even better that he's playing in a good team and can pass a ball. If he continues to impress for the rest of the season, I don't see any excuse why he shouldn't be blooded in the upcoming Andorra/Hungary games. 

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:58pm
Anyone watching the Norwich game tonight?how is he playing

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:45pm
Was to blame for the Norwich equaliser. Would also have been to blame for a first half goal that was ruled out because Solanke tapped the ball in from an offside position when it was already going in. The other two Bournemouth goals were nothing to do with him. In general Norwich have been under pressure because of a questionable early red card for the left back.

Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:29pm
I don't think we'll be seeing much of him in the Premier League, unfortunately.

https://streamable.com/voy4a0" rel="nofollow - https://streamable.com/voy4a0

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:25pm
Yeah, let's write off his potential after one mistake in his breakthrough season.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yeah, let's write off his potential after one mistake in his breakthrough season.

I didn't write off his potential. And it's not one mistake; he's had several. He's only 18 years old so he has plenty of time to iron those things out of his game, but I reiterate that the chances of him getting game time are extremely low - especially when you consider how ruthless Farke was with Grant Hanley the last time they got promoted.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:10pm
I would be happy to see him go out on loan just as much but my own thinking is Omobamidele will be kept as 4th choice next year. Ben Gibson Hanley Omobamidele and I suspect a decent centre back will be top of their wishlist.

A very poor mistake but he has played really well up to this if not a bit green understandably.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:52pm
It's the reaction I'd be more critical of, rather than the mistake itself. 

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:55pm

I would be happy to see him go out on loan just as much but my own thinking is Omobamidele will be kept as 4th choice next year. Ben Gibson Hanley Omobamidele and I suspect a decent centre back will be top of their wishlist.

A very poor mistake but he has played really well up to this if not a bit green understandably.
They have Zimmerman as well, so if they sign another centre back he'd be better going on loan. If they stick with what they have he could stay as fourth choice and maybe pressure Hanley for the bench spot.

Interesting that himself and Idah are in a similar situation at the same club.

Date Posted: 08 May 2021 at 7:00pm

They have Zimmerman as well, so if they sign another centre back he'd be better going on loan. If they stick with what they have he could stay as fourth choice and maybe pressure Hanley for the bench spot.

Interesting that himself and Idah are in a similar situation at the same club.

Think reading between the lines that Zimmermann may well leave this summer/be sold. 

If not then a 100% a loan to a promotion chasing League 1 team even would be a lovely spot for Omobamidele but a Championship loan he would be more than capable of manufacturing. 

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:10pm
Not in the match day 24. Odd unless injured you'd think 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He had some kind of know at start of week coming into the camp didn’t he or maybe I’m thinking of someone else?

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He had some kind of know at start of week coming into the camp didn’t he or maybe I’m thinking of someone else?

Ogbene had a groin issue. There was nothing reported re: Omobamidele.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:11pm
Norwich linked with Ajer and a few other centre-backs.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:12pm
Any reports on why he didn't feature in either game? Very disappointing. 

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: DublinScouse1916
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Any reports on why he didn't feature in either game? Very disappointing. 

Didn't want to disrupt the back 3 we had I suppose and risk losing the game

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:02pm
"Andrew Omobamidele has returned to Colney in top condition and is believed to have impressed Daniel Farke and City's coaching team with his performances in early pre-season. 

That may reduce the urgency that City search for another option and are understood to be considering loan options in that position. It remains an area of importance for them this window, but resource-limited, they may be prepared to wait and see how the situation evolves in the coming weeks."

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-myenty-abena-transfer-rumour-8148976" rel="nofollow - https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-myenty-abena-transfer-rumour-8148976

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:37pm
Of course Omobamidele came down with tonsillitis earlier in the week and couldn’t play today. A massive opportunity for him today would have been. 

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:40pm

Of course Omobamidele came down with tonsillitis earlier in the week and couldn’t play today. A massive opportunity for him today would have been. 

Probably for the best if they get a hammering today, which is very likely.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 6:07pm
Starts tonight in their EFL Cup clash with Bournemouth.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:49am
Looks like Norwich will sign Ozan Kabak before the window closes. Puts Omobamidele in a similar position to Idah, too far down the order to get any decent game time, but probably kept as cover by Norwich all the same rather than being allowed out on loan. 

Really think he'd have been better off with the Ireland Under 21s than the seniors, at least he'd have got a couple of games at a decent level.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:07pm

Looks like Norwich will sign Ozan Kabak before the window closes. Puts Omobamidele in a similar position to Idah, too far down the order to get any decent game time, but probably kept as cover by Norwich all the same rather than being allowed out on loan. 

Really think he'd have been better off with the Ireland Under 21s than the seniors, at least he'd have got a couple of games at a decent level.

Was always likely to be the case! Tbf he's only 19 still young and being in a squad like that will be a good experience for him! I don't see Norwich staying up they will go straight back down and you will see him slot in then!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net