You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 34>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Is the fella always injured or wha lads ? 

Always bigged up for us, never gets a kick.
Hes fit, just not starting for Norwich 
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:59pm
I'm not sure about Forest tbh, lots of CBs there, not sure he'd establish himself as first choice.
Idah Dream!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Is the fella always injured or wha lads ? 

Always bigged up for us, never gets a kick.
On yer way lad. Shane Duffy is the man. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:58pm
Romano seems to think it's a goer (if I've translated his emoji's correctly).
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Romano seems to think it's a goer (if I've translated his emoji's correctly).

And now with the old "here we go". Good to see another Irish lad heading to the EPL.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:08pm
Looks like Cashin to Norwich to replace him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Hopefully - they've been linked with him previously. Seems like it would be a good deal for everyone (apart from maybe Derby). Forest get a player with a high ceiling who is probably more suited to Premier League football than the Championship, Norwich would get a player who is arguably more suited to the Championship than Omobamidele and from an Irish point of view both players would move up a division.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I'm not sure about Forest tbh, lots of CBs there, not sure he'd establish himself as first choice.

Boly,Worrall and McKenna ahead of him you would hope he would establish himself in the team eventually. Don’t see Forest going down this year either so will have 2/3 years to establish himself with them in the PL at least.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Sep 2023 at 9:17pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Boly,Worrall and McKenna ahead of him you would hope he would establish himself in the team eventually. Don’t see Forest going down this year either so will have 2/3 years to establish himself with them in the PL at least.

If he can't move past those defenders he will struggle to be a PL footballer. 
Boly used to be class but injuries and aging have really done a number on him. The other two just meh...
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:33pm

They buy and discard players at will no matter how much the cost, will always be circling the PL drain......a 'meh' move
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

They buy and discard players at will no matter how much the cost, will always be circling the PL drain......a 'meh' move

Tbf isn’t that a number of PL clubs. Look at Wolves for example Collins pulled off some coup getting out. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Probably just Twitter talk. John Percy did tweet:

"Late and unwanted drama at #dcfc. Brighton have been pushing all day to sign Derby defender Eiran Cashin and though a fee of around £4m was broadly agreed they have ran out of time. Cashin will now stay at Derby, at least until January #bhafc"

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:03pm
Not confirmed yet but looks like they submitted the deal sheet so will have a few hours past the deadline. £20m apparently wow!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:09pm
Would make him the second most expensive Irish player ever, after Nathan Collins, if it goes through (adjusted for inflation Robbie Keane and Damien Duff also went for more).

Norwich look to be signing Danny Baath, not Cashin, as his replacement.

Edited by You Tell Me - 01 Sep 2023 at 11:10pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 1:01am
Confirmed at last.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 1:24am
wheres he off to Jeff? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 1:36am
Nottingham Forest 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

wheres he off to Jeff? 

It’s Geoff 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 34>
  Share Topic