You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I think he's fhe highest ceiling CB we have even over Collins. Has all the attributes. And if there is an environment to create a top CB it's Italian football. 

Collins after last night and the past 6 months is probably taller than his own ceiling right now tbf!

Collins wasn’t as bad as being made out by many last night. Got his wires crossed in terms of giving the ball away a few times but it’s not his fault midfielders never showed for the ball. The vast majority of the threat came from the other side as well as did the two goals. 

I wouldn’t go as far as saying any player was good bar Bazunu but Collins wasn’t as bad as being made out. 

Considering his elevated status on here, it was a very poor performance, certainly in his own half of the pitch. If he wants to play elsewhere then he should advise the coaching team!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:04pm

I think he's fhe highest ceiling CB we have even over Collins. Has all the attributes. And if there is an environment to create a top CB it's Italian football. 

Collins after last night and the past 6 months is probably taller than his own ceiling right now tbf!

Collins wasn’t as bad as being made out by many last night. Got his wires crossed in terms of giving the ball away a few times but it’s not his fault midfielders never showed for the ball. The vast majority of the threat came from the other side as well as did the two goals. 

I wouldn’t go as far as saying any player was good bar Bazunu but Collins wasn’t as bad as being made out. 

Considering his elevated status on here, it was a very poor performance, certainly in his own half of the pitch. If he wants to play elsewhere then he should advise the coaching team!

He had zero options for a pass most of the game, midfielders hiding forcing Collins to try and run with the ball! That’s on the midfield not Collins.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He had zero options for a pass most of the game, midfielders hiding forcing Collins to try and run with the ball! That’s on the midfield not Collins.

Yeah I don't blame Collins for this. He wasn't great but think he suffered from confused tactics and poor defensive structure but wouldn't blame him individually. He is one of our better ball carriers honestly which says nothing good about our WBs, CMs and attackers.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I agree the midfield were absolutely awful also, particularly Cullen, who had his worst game in a green shirt by a distance, but that doesnt mitigate the fact that Collins was extremely sloppy in possession and poorly positioned on several occasions out of possession. He had a very poor game in his own half. It was his defending that got him dropped from the Wolves team and he defended and used the ball poorly last night. Showed good anticipation to get on the end of Ferguson's flick on and had a good effort at goal, which balances it all out a little, but his primary job is to defend and to build play from the back, and he was poor in both aspects imo. It was a poor performance from a lad who is one of our few PL quality players.
Idah Dream!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:31pm
I think Collins went a bit rogue last night, midfield was cat, so he decided he'd go forward and try to help out. Last 30 mins there was no need for 3 CB's anyway, Greece were sitting back at that stage. Absolte waste having 3 of them standing around back there.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I think Collins went a bit rogue last night, midfield was cat, so he decided he'd go forward and try to help out. Last 30 mins there was no need for 3 CB's anyway, Greece were sitting back at that stage. Absolte waste having 3 of them standing around back there.

He did indeed and I dont have too much of an issue with that when chasing the game, but he was poor first half also.
Idah Dream!
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:16pm
I wouldn't say he went rogue. Collins is good on the ball and has moved forward in several games previously. He should really do it more often.

He's the closest thing we have to a Libero.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:29pm
Collins was out best midfielder last night - he was forced to be because everyone else went missing. Bazunu was the only one who played well, and Collins one of the few who didn't disgrace himself.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Collins was out best midfielder last night - he was forced to be because everyone else went missing. Bazunu was the only one who played well, and Collins one of the few who didn't disgrace himself.

Disagree, his play at the back was sloppy and careless, his defending was poor and his positioning was just off. He didnt adequately cover in behind Doherty and he sank too deep at times leaving the Greeks space on the edge of the box which we were lucky not to be punished for. The right hand side with himself, Doherty and Smallbone in front looked porous the entire first half and he was a large part of that.

If he wants to play in midfield then grand let him off, but his primary job is to defend and he did not do that at all well last night. Agreed re Bazunu who had a very good game which was great to see considering his club form. Collins wont win his place back in the Wolves defence with performances like that though!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 12:33pm
All gone quiet regarding Omobamidele. He could still move yet plenty time to go in the window. I do think this summer is a good time to get out. 

Not sure Wagner will play him ahead of Duffy or Gibson next season and I could see Norwich going backwards. 

Edited by kevin100 - 23 Jul 2023 at 12:34pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 6:53pm
Reports in Italy suggesting Milan have submitted an offer worth €7.5m for Omobamidele, but that Norwich are hoping to receive at least double that for him.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Reports in Italy suggesting Milan have submitted an offer worth €7.5m for Omobamidele, but that Norwich are hoping to receive at least double that for him.
Already got his replacement in. Manny Adegboyega from Drogheda.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2023 at 10:26pm
would love to see this happen
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 6:53am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Already got his replacement in. Manny Adegboyega from Drogheda.

Manny has the potential to do very well with Norwich. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:13pm
Forest in for him 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:13pm
Fabrizio Romano reporting that Forest have put in a bid for Omobamidele. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:15pm
Good stuff, love a bit of last minute transfer window drama and if he goes to Forest it would be almost impossible for him to be worse than Scott McKenna.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:48pm
Is the fella always injured or wha lads ? 

Always bigged up for us, never gets a kick.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>
  Share Topic