You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Good to see him back starting and hopefully starting until the end of the season given the injuries as Kevin100 mentioned above.
With O'Shea out injured until the end of May, he might not be fit enough for the June matches so  Omobamidele could easily be starting if he is playing regularly and well for Norwich.
Good to also hear he was captain today, the more leaders in the Ireland squad the better.

Just typical that Norwich couldn’t go and win it. Pukki by all accounts didn’t cover himself in glory. Positive he kept a clean sheet

Do wonder will he get a transfer in the summer. Would be interested to see would the model men clubs or the data analysts merchants like Brentford Brighton or Burnley be interested in him. 

As for O’Shea it’s very disappointing and putting him on the pitch in the 2nd half of the French game was a bit unecessary if it’s true he came out with his knee/leg strapped to the nines. 

I think they might alright. Could probably be bought for well under £10m at this point and his longer term value could end up being multiples of that.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Good to see him back starting and hopefully starting until the end of the season given the injuries as Kevin100 mentioned above.
With O'Shea out injured until the end of May, he might not be fit enough for the June matches so  Omobamidele could easily be starting if he is playing regularly and well for Norwich.
Good to also hear he was captain today, the more leaders in the Ireland squad the better.

Just typical that Norwich couldn’t go and win it. Pukki by all accounts didn’t cover himself in glory. Positive he kept a clean sheet

Do wonder will he get a transfer in the summer. Would be interested to see would the model men clubs or the data analysts merchants like Brentford Brighton or Burnley be interested in him. 

As for O’Shea it’s very disappointing and putting him on the pitch in the 2nd half of the French game was a bit unecessary if it’s true he came out with his knee/leg strapped to the nines. 

I think they might alright. Could probably be bought for well under £10m at this point and his longer term value could end up being multiples of that.

Considering Souttar went for £15m potentially £20m if hitting the add on marks I’d say you would want to pay more then £10m for Omobamidele considering his age etc. Norwich have the parachute payment dough etc. they aren’t that desperate. 

I would think £15-20m would get him and he could be great value at that. Has all the “modern CB” traits as such and being tasked with leading the back line in an intense situation like a play off chase will be a huge endorsement if he can continue to do it. 

Great start today with the clean sheet Middlesbrough away next week will be a proper test for him. 

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Apr 2023 at 7:55pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 8:41pm
Souttar's fee went high because he was great for Australia at the World Cup. When he was at Stoke with Collins it would never have been expected that he'd go for the higher fee of the two.

Omobamidele doesn't have anything like the profile of Souttar, so wouldn't fetch the same fee, but at the same time that's part of what might make him attractive to a moneyball club like Brentford or a newly promoted team like Burnley or Sheffield United. I wouldn't be surprised if £7m or £8m was enough to get him.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 8:50pm

Souttar's fee went high because he was great for Australia at the World Cup. When he was at Stoke with Collins it would never have been expected that he'd go for the higher fee of the two.

Omobamidele doesn't have anything like the profile of Souttar, so wouldn't fetch the same fee, but at the same time that's part of what might make him attractive to a moneyball club like Brentford or a newly promoted team like Burnley or Sheffield United. I wouldn't be surprised if £7m or £8m was enough to get him.

Collins went for £12m from Stoke and Omobamidele has PL experience and more experience in general. His age would be a huge factor in it I do think it would take more then £10m to get him. Depends on contract situation and how desperate they are to sell for funds too.

Souttar comparison was disingenuous I know but he’s the most recent CB who has moved from the Championship to the PL so I used him. LOL

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Apr 2023 at 8:51pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:31am
Stoke to Wolves was 20million+ 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:53am
Record for an Irish international unless you count Grealish to Man.City. £100m? Though Rice will probably beat that in the summer.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 6:51am
Collins didn't go from Stoke to Wolves. Well, not in one move anyway.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 2:32pm
Would Wolves buy Collins at that price now? I've seen very little of him this year but the impression I'm left with from all I read about him is that he hasn't (yet) lived up to what was hoped of him.

Edited by Bukowski - 11 Apr 2023 at 2:33pm
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 2:49pm
it’s not like they squandered Cucerella money on him, 20m is fairly standard for an up and coming centre back showing potential, until Ferguson goes for big money I think the money metric spent on Irish players won’t be near a par with what’s being spent on an average English, Spanish and German players.

PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 4:17pm
Collins I think is a bit like John Stones,   when he was younger, good on the ball and all the attributes to be a great player but takes risks playing out and sometimes pays heavy price when they don’t pay off, think he needs experienced partner to guide him through and know when to play and when to launch it to row z. At Stoke he played mostly right back or right centre back in a 3. Only since February when he broke into Burnley team last year and first half of this season has he played consistently in a back 4 in centre. Hopefully while he is out of side at Wolves he is being well coached and feedback on what manager wants him to improve on and hits form when he next gets back in. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 6:02pm

Oh yeah forgot it was from Burnley Embarrassed
It would damage this forums' reputation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Oh yeah forgot it was from Burnley Embarrassed

You do have this thing when it comes to Burnley LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 8:58pm
The telegraph reporting that Norwich could sell Omobamidele this summer and have mentioned AC Milan, Nice, and Nottingham Forest as clubs with possible interest in signing him.

Edited by J89 - 04 May 2023 at 9:25pm
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 11:33pm
AC Milan?  Was that the same reporter who 20 years ago said Inter were in for Gary Breen?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

AC Milan?  Was that the same reporter who 20 years ago said Inter were in for Gary Breen?

No. Gary Breen started that rumour himself. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 12:12am
AC Milan LOL same agent as Jeff Hendrick?
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

No. Gary Breen started that rumour himself. 
If only we had a team of Gary breens😫
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

AC Milan LOL same agent as Jeff Hendrick?

He's still only 20 and remains a great CB prospect with a lot of first team experience for one so young (younger than Parrott/Bazunu), Milan interest wouldnt be that surprising and he'd certainly attract a significant fee if he leaves Norwich this summer, north of 15mn imo. He has had a fairly average season, disrupted by injury, but still featured in 34 games for Norwich, starting 27. He's only a kid with a similar profile to Nathan Collins who is 14 months older. He was handed the armband also towards the end of the season. 

Progress is never linear and he has stalled just a little in the last 12 months, but he remains a very exciting prospect.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 34>
  Share Topic