You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 34>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by Benhur Benhur wrote:

Brian Kerr critical of his performance too on newstalk 

A 19 year old kid getting slated on his debut, despite scoring a goal, unreal

When he played well....
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Having a great battle with Raphinha and holding his own so far. Sky Sports lads think he's struggling but I'm not sure that's the case, he's doing well enough.

Co commentator was full of praise for him. Have missed the halftime analysis who thought he was struggling? Don't know how you could come to that conclusion. 

One or two acts of greeness alright from him but having a decent game beyond that. That's a really tall order trying to mark Raphina

It was Redknapp and Hasselbaink in the studio. Particularly Redknapp who was unfairly critical of him I think. Then again he called him Obafemi-dele so I wouldn't read too much into his insights if he doesn't know his name!

Redkanpp was talking absolute pony. The kid did very well against a really difficult opponent while playing out of position.

Not that it's worth anything in the bigger scheme but he's man of the match ahead of Raphinia and Rodrigo on the Fantasy Premier League scoring system.

What annoyed me more about that was you'd be waiting a long time for Redknapp to ever criticise any English player like he did Omobamidele.

Don't mind a 19yo player he'd be doing everything short of performing fellatio to a 19yo English player. The hypocrisy is what annoys me he's entitled to criticise. He admitted himself at full time he went over the top. 😂

He was green once or twice just silliness and was playing James on when James shot was cleared off the line but the general consensus is he was there best player going by Norwich fans. Thought Normann was there best player but Omobamidele was there best defender today. 

Edited by kevin100 - 31 Oct 2021 at 6:59pm
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:01pm
just looked at a range of player ratings and Andrew the top - or joint top - Norwich player in all of them. Looks like he will be an important player for us for many years ahead.
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:19pm
I watched the game and is always the case on here the green tinted glasses are out. He had a tough game today and got turned inside out on 3 occasions and had 2 poor misplaced passes in the first half. He was put on his arse by Raphinha for the goal but well done to Omobamidele for getting his goal and he didn’t shy away from anything throughout the game. He will learn from it.

Just find it laughable to see people here and on Twitter saying he played brilliant and had a great game, he certainly did not. 
They've only gone and done it
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:02pm
I think he's the second Irish international to score in the PL this season after Jeff Hendrick ? Third was that fellow Rice today for West Ham, but he doesn't count.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think he's the second Irish international to score in the PL this season after Jeff Hendrick ? Third was that fellow Rice today for West Ham, but he doesn't count.

Duffy has a goal too I believe 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Shane Duffy too I think 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:20pm
113th Irish player to score in the Premier League: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1454859540143431684

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:27pm

Probably just kicking off because he's a player Kenny has integrated into the first team.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

I watched the game and is always the case on here the green tinted glasses are out. He had a tough game today and got turned inside out on 3 occasions and had 2 poor misplaced passes in the first half. He was put on his arse by Raphinha for the goal but well done to Omobamidele for getting his goal and he didn’t shy away from anything throughout the game. He will learn from it.

Just find it laughable to see people here and on Twitter saying he played brilliant and had a great game, he certainly did not. 

I had the 2nd half on in the background not really watching as i was doing things but the sky sports commentator seems to mention him quite a lot. I got the impression he thought he was playing really well from it.
I love beer gardens
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:16pm

Has Brian just become incredibly grouchy and argumentative more so in the last year or so. I mean this is a 19 year old kit finding his feet in senior football ffs. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:33pm
He is a quality player.   I wouldnt be worried by what kerr or redknapp say and being criticised is all being part of playing at the highest level. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He is a quality player.   I wouldnt be worried by what kerr or redknapp say and being criticised is all being part of playing at the highest level. 

You would think that Brian being such an advocate for the promoting of underage prospects would know better. That being said I didn’t hear his sound bites Embarrassed
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:57pm
By my count today was just his 21st ever senior game, including club & country.

4 caps for Ireland
9 championship games last season (1 of which was just 1min off the bench) + 3 EFL Cup games
3 PL games so far this season, + 2 EFL Cup games.

All of that (except the 1min sub appearance vs Cardiff in January) only happening from April to now (& he only got into the Norwich team in April because 2 of their CBs were injured).

He's absolutely flying.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 10:01pm
played two EFL games in the 2019/20 season as well - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/PlayerDetails?playerID=125328&seasonID=149

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 10:04pm
Kerr has turned into a right aul miserable git in his old age, a whinge bag as he would put it himself.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

played two EFL games in the 2019/20 season as well - http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/PlayerDetails?playerID=125328&seasonID=149

Thumbs Up
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 11:08pm
Goal aside, seemed to get a bit of a runaround from Raphina today.

Learning curve for him. He isn’t a left back either and had very little support, seemed exposed all the time in one v ones against him 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 34>
  Share Topic