FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 12:29pm
A change of the guard .... good news for Andrew?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 2:06pm
So it looks like Forest are moving on 2 of the CBs they have on their books, Worrall (26) & McKenna (27). Both started the first 5 games this season but have apparently been exiled from the squad since.

Andy's competition is now:
Boly (32) (going to AFCON)
Niakhate (27) (going to AFCON)
Murillo (21)
Filipe (34)

Forest do a lot of chopping and changing, so hopefully AO gets some games soon. They do seem like a basket case club though, so it seems like a strange move.

Edited by Greenie50 - 08 Dec 2023 at 2:35pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Makes the bench
A miracle
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 7:09pm
Makes the bench
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 8:57pm
Would be better off in the U21 squad
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Strange that he's included given he hasn't played a game.

It is and it isn't, hes still probably regarded as the best prospect behind Collins in defense and is still only 21. I can see the reasoning for keeping him around the squad as the 4th choice behind Duffy, Collins and O'Shea in this squad. Especially with Egan still out and Lenihan having a poor season. Anyone else wouldn't have been in a squad before and would be lacking International experience.

You could argue maybe McGuinness, McNally and OBrien might derseve a call up ahead of him but although they're playing more regularly, they're not exactly pulling up any trees and are a couple years older than Omobamidele.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 8:16pm
Strange that he's included given he hasn't played a game.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Omobamidele was sold to keep the club afloat, they certainly didn't want to get rid. I would highly doubt Forest paid that money for a young defender to play him in the U21s. 
Forest signed 15 players in the summer transfer window, plus four more on loan. Five of these were for ther U21s, not including Omobamidele
Collectively, they've made less than 70 appearances this season
There's not a lot of sense there
Agreed Thumbs Up
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 11:40am

Omobamidele was sold to keep the club afloat, they certainly didn't want to get rid. I would highly doubt Forest paid that money for a young defender to play him in the U21s. 
Forest signed 15 players in the summer transfer window, plus four more on loan. Five of these were for their U21s, not including Omobamidele
Collectively, they've made less than 70 appearances this season
There's not a lot of sense there

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 08 Nov 2023 at 12:47pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 10:28am

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 08 Nov 2023 at 10:28am
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 10:12am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Was Omobamidele real or did we just imagine him?

Another week and not in the squad.

Forest fan in work told me he was signed for their u21s, a terrible move for him, agent has let him down. 
Jesus Christ. There's no way that's it. I mean surely it would have come up in any conversations they were having during negotiations with Andrew.LOL
I've a mate who's a forest fan who also said he's a signing for the future. I doubt he had much say in the matter, Norwich wanted rid and you'd assume he's got a decent pay rise. Win-win.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 6:19am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Was Omobamidele real or did we just imagine him?

Another week and not in the squad.

Forest fan in work told me he was signed for their u21s, a terrible move for him, agent has let him down. 
Jesus Christ. There's no way that's it. I mean surely it would have come up in any conversations they were having during negotiations with Andrew.LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Forest have now agreed terms with another CB. Seen some chatter online about the possibility of a loan move for Omobamidele to Olympiacos. The basis of that being Forest have far too many CBs and Olympiacos are crying out for one(they share the same owner).
Confused I guess he might get a few games in the EL/ECL, but all in all it would make for a pretty disappointing season for him. Greek domestic football is not up to much at all

They beat West Ham a couple of weeks ago.
That's not how football works.. Spurs lost to a Slovenian side a couple of years back. Would you consider Maribor a good loan move too?

No sh*t. The big three in Greece have played over 400 CL games between them. The league may lack depth but saying it is not up to much in nonsense.

As evidenced by Celtic tonight, some teams are in the Champions League to make up the numbers. 

10 men ship heavy defeat in football shocker. Wow. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 10:01pm

Forest have now agreed terms with another CB. Seen some chatter online about the possibility of a loan move for Omobamidele to Olympiacos. The basis of that being Forest have far too many CBs and Olympiacos are crying out for one(they share the same owner).
Confused I guess he might get a few games in the EL/ECL, but all in all it would make for a pretty disappointing season for him. Greek domestic football is not up to much at all

That's not how football works.. Spurs lost to a Slovenian side a couple of years back. Would you consider Maribor a good loan move too?

No sh*t. The big three in Greece have played over 400 CL games between them. The league may lack depth but saying it is not up to much in nonsense.

As evidenced by Celtic tonight, some teams are in the Champions League to make up the numbers. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:13pm

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:32pm

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:30pm

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 1:45pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 34>
  Share Topic