You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:10pm
Any locals know how easy it would be to get to Arlon after the game? Seems last train is during the game 
Sponsored Links

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Any locals know how easy it would be to get to Arlon after the game? Seems last train is during the game 

There's a train at midnight from Gare Luxembourg to Arlon. 
OohAhh View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Will almost certainly be over 1000 travelling. Out of our group only 3 went to Baku but there’s about 12 going to Luxembourg for example. Most picked this one as their one trip for the campaign from a long way out.

Likewise know of a good few going, they'd only have the odd game here and there so they know they've little to no chance of an away ticket.

Will be interesting to see what the allocation ends up being and how far it goes down the groups. Could end up being similar to Gibraltar and that was 6 of 9 required. Slovakia dropped back to 8 so maybe 5 or 6 at a guess for this.

Our group has increased to 16 in recent weeks, of that only 2-4 would be regulars home or away. I think this is becoming the post-covid trip for some, or at least was seen as that in mid/late summer.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

There's a train at midnight from Gare Luxembourg to Arlon. 

Ah thats great. Didn't check Monday as departs 12.01.

Cheers
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:50pm
Anybody who is staying in Frankfurt (or close to Frankfurt) for the Sat night do let me know, I was going with my friend but he has something on that weekend. I'll be going regardless of a ticket also.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:55pm
deleted. wrong thread.

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm
a few of us staying in Frankfurt on the Saturday, getting the 8:50 train on the Sunday to Luxembourg 
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Anybody who is staying in Frankfurt (or close to Frankfurt) for the Sat night do let me know, I was going with my friend but he has something on that weekend. I'll be going regardless of a ticket also.

Handful of us staying in Trier that night. 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Handful of us staying in Trier that night. 

Debating on the Frankfurt Saturday for a night route or straight to Lux from Brussels on the Sunday. whats your route on Sunday to Frankfurt... Either route i choose will be solo travelling anyway!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:50pm
If yas can just try get down to Luxembourg for the Saturday night. Night before the game is always the best craic.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:52pm

If yas can just try get down to Luxembourg for the Saturday night. Night before the game is always the best craic.
Would agree with this. Doing Germany on the Friday night and getting into Lux on the Saturday afternoon 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:53pm

What way are you travelling to be there for Saturday night?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Between this now and the drama for the Portugal game at home we need a new thread for panic.

1. Nordies fuming over link to COVID cert not working 
2. Aviva at 25k so Ronaldo fan boys can't attend 
3. Lux keeping us sweating over away fan attendance

Anything else?

4. Kenny new contract or not 

5. Us poor f**kers on plague Island might be banned from the EU due to rocketing case numbers in the UK. Just shy of 50,000 positive cases each day now with close to a thousand weekly deaths. Morocco banned all flights from uk, Germany and Netherlands from midnight tonight. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Oct 2021 at 4:56pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Between this now and the drama for the Portugal game at home we need a new thread for panic.

Anything else?

5. Us poor f**kers on plague Island might be banned from the EU due to rocketing case numbers in the UK. Just shy of 50,000 positive cases each day now with close to a thousand weekly deaths. Morocco banned all flights from uk, Germany and Netherlands from midnight tonight. 

Really?? Where is that coming from??

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Into Cologne Saturday morning early from Dublin and bus down then. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:12pm

We're flying into Frankfurt on the Saturday morning and currently looking at options into Lux that afternoon
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Anything else?

Really?? Where is that coming from??

I can see it happening if these numbers continue on their trajectory.  Javid just said cases could hit 100k a day. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Oct 2021 at 5:20pm
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Into Cologne Saturday morning early from Dublin and bus down then. 

Looked at that route myself flying 07:05 but could only see on ebus from cologne to lux which was at 06:45 which was the only direct route, can see trian routes with changeovers alright

Edited by Robsham1 - 20 Oct 2021 at 5:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
  Share Topic