You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 52>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Yeah it’s 5% plus the 200 FAI tickets. 

I’d be hopeful if we get the 500+ that vast majority would get sorted. The 156 from Baku should be a priority, lol. Nah I’m messing but it is a dead rubber so can’t see there being much interest. Depends on how we do in Dublin a few days earlier as well. A positive result against Portugal and Lux could be swamped with Irish. 

Not sure if I misread a comment but did someone say there is thousands of Irish in Lux? LOL There’s not even thousands of Lux people in Lux FFS 
30,000 Irish live in Benelux with just over 2000 of them in Luxembourg. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Everyone seems to be assuming they won't sell out this game. This could be the first full capacity crowd in their new ground and their team are probably the best they've been in quite a while so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them selling out. 

In 2019 they got a crowd of 8,000 against Portugal and 6,300 against Serbia. 

In fairness there are about 100,000 Portuguese living in Lux (almost about 1/6th of the entire country)
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I’d be hopeful if we get the 500+ that vast majority would get sorted. The 156 from Baku should be a priority, lol. Nah I’m messing but it is a dead rubber so can’t see there being much interest. Depends on how we do in Dublin a few days earlier as well. A positive result against Portugal and Lux could be swamped with Irish. 

Not sure if I misread a comment but did someone say there is thousands of Irish in Lux? LOL There’s not even thousands of Lux people in Lux FFS 
Where did you get the 156 number for Baku from? I’d imagine about 1000 Irish will be over in Luxembourg for this.

I made it up but it was less than 200 anyways LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I get that. There is thousands of Irish in lots of countries - doesn't mean all or any will want to see Lux v Ireland though does it?

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:32am

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I get that. There is thousands of Irish in lots of countries - doesn't mean all or any will want to see Lux v Ireland though does it?

just stating facts.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:42am
I wasn't disputing facts at all. Was making a tongue in cheek comment 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:47am
anytime we play on the continent at weekends there is a large number of supporters who travel from all over Europe. Luxembourg is easy to get to so I’d expect over 1,000 to travel .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:51am
Even for a dead rubber?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:54am

Even for a dead rubber?

As I said above, purely only my experience but I'd know of 4 or 5 people who would only be occasional away game people who are going to this game. With no close away game in two years, I imagine there will be many in a similar position who will fancy this trip. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Will almost certainly be over 1000 travelling. Out of our group only 3 went to Baku but there’s about 12 going to Luxembourg for example. Most picked this one as their one trip for the campaign from a long way out.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Will almost certainly be over 1000 travelling. Out of our group only 3 went to Baku but there’s about 12 going to Luxembourg for example. Most picked this one as their one trip for the campaign from a long way out.

Likewise know of a good few going, they'd only have the odd game here and there so they know they've little to no chance of an away ticket.

Will be interesting to see what the allocation ends up being and how far it goes down the groups. Could end up being similar to Gibraltar and that was 6 of 9 required. Slovakia dropped back to 8 so maybe 5 or 6 at a guess for this.

Edited by wanderer - 20 Oct 2021 at 11:04am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:06am
With COVID and that my away record is a shambles. I know it will be the same for most but like will Portugal count, no? So what are the games? 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:10am

With COVID and that my away record is a shambles. I know it will be the same for most but like will Portugal count, no? So what are the games? 
If they go on the last 8 games like happened for Slovakia it will be as follows:

2021  Azerbaijan 
2019      Denmark, Georgia, Switzerland
2018      France, Denmark, Wales, Poland
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:11am

Portugal away ? Nah we didn't get an allocation.
I make it
Azerbaijan, Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark x2 , Poland, Wales, France
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:12am

If they go on the last 8 games like happened for Slovakia it will be as follows:

2021  Azerbaijan 

Don't forget Gibraltar!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

2021  Azerbaijan 

Don't forget Gibraltar!
Doesn't count, oversubscribed 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:52am

2021  Azerbaijan 

Looks about right 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:53am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

[COLOR=#000000" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;]<font face="Calibri]2021 <span style="white-space:pre]     </span>Azerbaijan [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;]<font face="Calibri]2019      Denmark, Georgia, Switzerland[/COLOR]<br style="color: rgb128, 128, 128; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">[COLOR=#000000" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;]<font face="Calibri]2018      France, Denmark, Wales, Poland[/COLOR]

Don't forget Gibraltar!

Doesn't count, oversubscribed 

That gives me 6/8 so hopefully that's good enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 52>
  Share Topic