You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 52>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

they were the only pub that replied when contacted about putting on specials for fans.

Fair play for that, hope they can back up their name now
We're on the one road!
Sponsored Links

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 7:51am
You'll get them before the game, wouldn't be worrying
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 6:47am
Has anyone with contacts within ticket office got any info on when tickets are being emailed? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:04pm

they were the only pub that replied when contacted about putting on specials for fans.

Fair play to them for that. Will pop in at some point anyway 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:00pm

Fair play to them so, will drop by for a swift half
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:50pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:34pm
Had seen that place, might pop out on Saturday,  a little bit of of town by the look of Google maps
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:32pm
their also running a shuttle bus to the stadium on Sunday.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:29pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:18pm
Thanks. We're staying in Frankfurt on Saturday night. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Many on the early flight into Frankfurt on Saturday on the 7am Dublin flight? 10 of us were thinking of getting a minbus but pricey enough at €859. It's an 18-seater though so price would come down if we get a few more bodies if anyone interested. Gonna get the train otherwise.

Anything further on this?

Cheapest quote I got was €769 plus tolls which is a little pricey. There'd be nine of us including you as two of the lads booked trains, any others travelling with you? It's an 22-seater. We're looking into trains as well.

Anyone else interested?

Sorry, are yous going from Frankfurt to Luxembourg on the Saturday morning?

Yeah, landing at 10.05, 7am Ryanair from Dublin.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Many on the early flight into Frankfurt on Saturday on the 7am Dublin flight? 10 of us were thinking of getting a minbus but pricey enough at €859. It's an 18-seater though so price would come down if we get a few more bodies if anyone interested. Gonna get the train otherwise.

Cheapest quote I got was €769 plus tolls which is a little pricey. There'd be nine of us including you as two of the lads booked trains, any others travelling with you? It's an 22-seater. We're looking into trains as well.

Anyone else interested?

Yeah that would be Saturday morning, just myself no others with me
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:21pm

Anyone else interested?

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:02pm

Anyone else interested?
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by paddywagon2017 paddywagon2017 wrote:

Originally posted by seaneire seaneire wrote:

Irish living in Lux. Quick breakdown of Pub options for those interested. 

PYG - Located in Clausen, the valley below the city. 10 minute walk from city centre. Probably the most lively Irish pub in Lux. Not huge inside but plenty of space for outside drinking. Reckon it'll be busy and plenty of craic there. Good spot for Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

Blackstuff - Craicing pub but a bit out of the way. Very small inside but there is a covered terrace with heating. 5 minute bus from central gare. Would need to catch 2 buses to get to the stadium. Good option for a few day time pints on Saturday probably. 

Eirelux - Irish bar in an industrial estate. Closest to stadium, can hop on a bus for 3 minutes that will drop you outside the stadium. Decent size inside and carpark outside that'll be full of ppl too. Best option for pints coming close to KO. There aren't really any other bars near the stadium that'll be serving on Sunday. 

Other options, Urban, located right in the middle of the city. Owned by Irish lads but not your typical Irish bar. Great location and on a pedestrianised area which will be full of people. Quite a few bars in this general area. 

Tube bar, 2 minute walk from Urban and again in a pedestrianised street.

FWIW I'll be starting in the PYG and heading to Eirelux closer to KO. 

Hope this helps. 

Fair play thanks for the info!

Is there anywhere likely to be open late on Sunday? Considering the match won’t finish til near 11, I can’t seem to find anywhere open past 1am

Will ask around re late opening. Whoever gets a late license will make a killing after the game. 

Above is the go to late club in Lux. All night job. Tiny inside and split into small club area and separate strip club area (caters for all interests:-) ) Has always been the spot where anyone who wants to keep drinking goes. You'll be hard pushed to get a pint of Guinness mind 

Let Christy Take It.
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 4:00pm

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Irish living in Lux. Quick breakdown of Pub options for those interested. 

PYG - Located in Clausen, the valley below the city. 10 minute walk from city centre. Probably the most lively Irish pub in Lux. Not huge inside but plenty of space for outside drinking. Reckon it'll be busy and plenty of craic there. Good spot for Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. 

Blackstuff - Craicing pub but a bit out of the way. Very small inside but there is a covered terrace with heating. 5 minute bus from central gare. Would need to catch 2 buses to get to the stadium. Good option for a few day time pints on Saturday probably. 

Eirelux - Irish bar in an industrial estate. Closest to stadium, can hop on a bus for 3 minutes that will drop you outside the stadium. Decent size inside and carpark outside that'll be full of ppl too. Best option for pints coming close to KO. There aren't really any other bars near the stadium that'll be serving on Sunday. 

Other options, Urban, located right in the middle of the city. Owned by Irish lads but not your typical Irish bar. Great location and on a pedestrianised area which will be full of people. Quite a few bars in this general area. 

Tube bar, 2 minute walk from Urban and again in a pedestrianised street.

FWIW I'll be starting in the PYG and heading to Eirelux closer to KO. 

Hope this helps. 
Is the Shamrock any good? Had someone mention I there and it seems like a decent enough size compared to the others and also seems to be a place outside for drinking cans with a tram stop nearby

Never been inside so can't comment on the size. Located right in the centre and next to tram and buses that'll take you to the stadium. Bit of a dive bar vibe from the outside at least tbh, not sure how 'Irish' it actually is. You couldn't drink can's outside Shamrock but it's 2 minutes away from the main square 'Place D'armes' although that is now covered with big X mas market. 

I believe the black stuff are doing a bus to the game on matchday
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I have the pics to prove that LOL
Still ingrained in my memory, BSM attempting to say hello outside the stadium as hes being held upLOL

The poor man got a bad pint, let it go.
I got spiked Saus!
I wasn't there but now have the scene from OFAH where they go to the seaside for a day trip and they are coming out of the pub after a pub stop  and Densel says 'look at the state of him' as some guy is carried out of the pub and Delboy says that's 'the bus driver '
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I have the pics to prove that LOL
Still ingrained in my memory, BSM attempting to say hello outside the stadium as hes being held upLOL

The poor man got a bad pint, let it go.
I got spiked Saus!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 52>
  Share Topic