You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 107>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:38pm
Good performance tonight and you have to admire his bravery despite all the flack he gets. He has belief. If Kelleher was in goal tonight we'd have lost 3-0 and the posters who wish they were scouse would be saying how he had no chance for the goals anyways and his distribution was brilliant.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

Good performance tonight and you have to admire his bravery despite all the flack he gets. He has belief. If Kelleher was in goal tonight we'd have lost 3-0 and the posters who wish they were scouse would be saying how he had no chance for the goals anyways and his distribution was brilliant.

Lolz, yeah Kelleher had a f**king woeful evening. inept, needs a move, blah, blah, blah!
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:41pm
Kelleher isnt even in the conversation right now so don't worry your head about him.
I love beer gardens
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:54pm
Lolz all you like it's true. 
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:55pm
It's been a constant back and forth for the last few years in case you haven't been paying attention. 
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 10:57pm
Thought he was good but maybe a bit weak for the goal. Got lucky but seemed very alert 8/10
Here we go again, we're on the road again
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:44am
Certainly very alert which stopped about 3 v dangerous situations. Not sure any of the saves were ones you wouldn't expect him to make. Lucky for the one off the post, that's the shot that seems to be his achilles heel. Thought initially he was bad for the goal but the more I see it the less I think so. Possibly should have stood taller for it. Good performance in the round on a busy night.

Edited by rebelbrowser - 19 Nov 2023 at 10:45am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:55am
He made some good saves but made a couple of mistakes too. I still feel the ball seems to go through him too often, he was very lucky with that shot that end through his hands but deflected off him onto post. 

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He made some good saves but made a couple of mistakes too. I still feel the ball seems to go through him too often, he was very lucky with that shot that end through his hands but deflected off him onto post. 

This, and just to be clear he was probably the Irish MotM, but it was no more than a 6, 7 at best/10 performance - it was a low bar set by his teammates. He didnt make a save where you thought wow that saved a certain goal, he did the routine stuff pretty well, bar one very poor attempt at a save where it went through his hands and ended up hitting the post, he got very lucky with that one. The Dutch were very poor in offence, profligate, their shooting was poor and every through ball was overhit. Gav stayed alert throughout and his distribution was good.
Idah Dream!
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:05am
terrible for the goal. his shot stopping is a massive worry.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:21am
The liverpool 'fans' and people from Cork are just pathetic at this stage. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

It's fair to say you know very little about football if you think he was terrible for that goal 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

The liverpool 'fans' and people from Cork are just pathetic at this stage. 

oh sorry man. i'll just keep burying my head in the sand about his shot stopping. no keeper in the world would be happy with the goal he conceded. lads on here unable to take the smallest bit of criticism for bazunu. he has everything else but the shot stopping honestly has to be a worry now.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:41am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

It's fair to say you know very little about football if you think he was terrible for that goal 

That lad is about the biggest Kelleher fanboy on this forum.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 11:44am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

That lad is about the biggest Kelleher fanboy on this forum.

ive not mentioned kelleher. he cant have any complaints about not getting a look in with ireland. bazunu rightly no1. i better toe the line on this thread. BAZ IS AMAZING DEFINITELY COULDNT HAVE DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THE GOAL 
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 12:50pm
Without Gavin last night, we would have lost by more than the predicted 3-0 scoreline!

It was the same when we played Serbia at home, we drew but could have been hammered without him!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

Without Gavin last night, we would have lost by more than the predicted 3-0 scoreline!

It was the same when we played Serbia at home, we drew but could have been hammered without him!

Now thats the kind of hyperbole I object to. Bazunu did nothing in particular that you wouldnt expect any reasonably competent keeper to do. The Dutch could and should have won 3 or 4 nil, but that was not down to Bazunu's wonderful goalkeeping, they were woeful in the final third on the night!
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 3:30pm
@Brendan
@ John

Both suspended. Posts deleted.

Edited by Sham157 - 19 Nov 2023 at 4:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 107>
  Share Topic