Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57765
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 8:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Gavin Bazunu
Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Subject: Gavin Bazunu
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 8:38pm
Half time on his senior debut against Luxembourg and he's looking quality.  Nice distribution, quick feet and positioning. 

Replies:
Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 8:48pm
Looks so much more comfortable and confident than Travers 

Posted By: SeanyL
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 9:43pm
A bright spark on an awful night. Let’s hope his career keeps progressing. Could be our goalkeeper for the next 15 years.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 9:49pm
Will be interesting to see how his career develops. Put in a confident display at 19 which showed he has genuine claims to be our future starting keeper. 

Was a bit too eager to come of his line sometimes but that's nitpicking his performance. Played very well.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by SeanyL SeanyL wrote:

A bright spark on an awful night. Let’s hope his career keeps progressing. Could be our goalkeeper for the next 15 years.

We will be well served in this Department for the next 15 years with him and Kelleher. Very impressive debut. 

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:07pm
commanded his box well. No chance for the goal

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:08pm
Only positive tonight. Don't wanna comment on the game thread as too depressing. Well done lad

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:11pm
He is going to have a big career in the game I think. Would love to see him get another loan move to a European league next year 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:33pm
Had a great game on a depressing night. Looked confident and composed from the start. Belted out the anthem with pride which was also nice to see. 
A couple of very good saves and had no chance with the goal. 

Posted By: SeanyL
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:19am
Another good performance from him last night. I know we love to hype up younger players in Ireland but ...... I really think this guy is the real deal. He hasn’t looked fazed at all in the last two game. Only at the very beginning of his career but definitely exciting. The best thing to come out of this international window. 

Posted By: notpropaganda73
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:29am
Doesn't lack confidence to come off his line or take the ball anyway, I think he looked great for such a young keeper. Would give you palpatations at times but to be honest if he's learning off Ederson I think we'll need to get used to that. 

Posted By: TigerRoll
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:44am
Bazunu has the potential to go to the very top. He appears to have a great attitude, he could of stayed in City’s youth clubs. Instead he moved to the lower leagues in England for real world experience in professional football. He can only learn from Ederson/Steffen at City in the years ahead. The one Irish player who excites me going forward. 

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:12am
It was offside but bazunu didn't know, but that reaction save from pretty much point blank was exceptional 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:18am
Bit too eager coming off his line at times but he is only a youngfella. Very impressed and hopeful otherwise  

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:25am
Very impressed with him over the two games. He’s absolutely brimming with confidence which is extremely important for any young player especially a goalkeeper unless they get a bit full of themselves. Fairly eager off the line and trying to be the last man but he has a bright future ahead hopefully.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:48pm
A little overzealous but i'd prefer that over a frigid one. Happy with his induction.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:01pm
He has without doubt been the best thing about this international window. He was a little rash at times coming out last night but they were close judgement calls - no red flag stuff that we saw from Travers vs Serbia. He's good with the ball at his feet, commands his area well and generally just looks really solid. And perhaps most encouraging of all he appears very vocal - seems to have no issue barking instructions to his far more senior teammates. Let's just hope he continues to develop on his current trajectory because if he's this good at 19 then the future bodes extremely well.

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:05pm
From what I saw he’s a very promising player. Really comfortable with the ball in his hands or at his feet. At one point he played a beautiful ball to Alan Browne and Browne just let it bounce off his clogs. 

If he makes it at city, it would be amazing. If not, he’ll need to find a club that plays a bit 

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

He has without doubt been the best thing about this international window. He was a little rash at times coming out last night but they were close judgement calls - no red flag stuff that we saw from Travers vs Serbia. He's good with the ball at his feet, commands his area well and generally just looks really solid. And perhaps most encouraging of all he appears very vocal - seems to have no issue barking instructions to his far more senior teammates. Let's just hope he continues to develop on his current trajectory because if he's this good at 19 then the future bodes extremely well.

That's been the most evident thing from his 2 appearances. He'll make mistakes along the way through either coming out of his area when he shouldn't or by misplacing a pass, but it'll all be a part of his learning process.

As someone mentioned, his reaction save from the close range header was excellent.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:43pm
Yeah was very impressed by him, wouldn't have seen much of him other then those two games (bar my Football Manager experience of him, where he goes on to be a very capable keeper).

As posters above said his communication and awareness of the game for a 19 year old is very good, perhaps this is down to better coaching at Man City.

It also showed the difference of having gametime under the belt compared to Travers, his reflexes seemed that bit sharper .

It will be very interesting to see what happens come the summer camp if both Randolph and Kelleher are fit.

I'd like to think he's done enough in the last two games to be considered at least 3rd choice. 

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yeah was very impressed by him, wouldn't have seen much of him other then those two games (bar my Football Manager experience of him, where he goes on to be a very capable keeper).

As posters above said his communication and awareness of the game for a 19 year old is very good, perhaps this is down to better coaching at Man City.

It also showed the difference of having gametime under the belt compared to Travers, his reflexes seemed that bit sharper .

It will be very interesting to see what happens come the summer camp if both Randolph and Kelleher are fit.

I'd like to think he's done enough in the last two games to be considered at least 3rd choice. 

3rd choice?? I would say 1st choice. How can you go back to someone who is not even playing week in week out. hes shown enough IMO.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm

Bazunu has put himself in the conversation to be the starting keeper. Randolph is 33 and isn't likely to be playing as first choice at West Ham. He is unlikely to improve at this point in his career either. Given that we aren't qualifying for this tournament and Randolph will be well on in age for the next Euros then why not invest in the future. 

Kelleher is obviously another great talent. Pick between those two and choose the one who is in form (or at least playing)

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:23pm
ya if we learned anything it is Bazunu looks like a real prospect. Unless Kelleher goes out on loan he aint getting many games at Liverpool and Randolph the same stuck on the bench. we cant afford to be playing these guys. Also Bazunu looks good enough to pull off the fact he is only playing at Rochdale currently.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

3rd choice?? I would say 1st choice. How can you go back to someone who is not even playing week in week out. hes shown enough IMO.

That's why I said at the least.

I think Kenny showed his confidence in him by not bringing on O'Hara last night who I would have thought would have gotten at least a half

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Bazunu has put himself in the conversation to be the starting keeper. Randolph is 33 and isn't likely to be playing as first choice at West Ham. He is unlikely to improve at this point in his career either. Given that we aren't qualifying for this tournament and Randolph will be well on in age for the next Euros then why not invest in the future. 

Kelleher is obviously another great talent. Pick between those two and choose the one who is in form (or at least playing)

100%

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

ya if we learned anything it is Bazunu looks like a real prospect. Unless Kelleher goes out on loan he aint getting many games at Liverpool and Randolph the same stuck on the bench. we cant afford to be playing these guys. Also Bazunu looks good enough to pull off the fact he is only playing at Rochdale currently.

If Liverpool end up in the Europa League Kelleher is better off staying as 2nd choice as opposed to going on loan to a Championship club. 

He’d likely play the Europa group stage games and even more beyond that. Add in 4/5 domestic cup games and Alisson being quite injury prone for a keeper he could find himself playing 12-15 games or even more very quickly if of course he can avoid any stupid injuries like the stomach tear. 

Adrian has played 7 games this season Kelleher has played 5 for context. Now add those games together for Kelleher he clear 2nd choice then it paints that picture. 

Definitely in the next 2/3 years he could do with a loan. He could find a decent Dutch,Belgian or German club too in wider Europe. His CV getting enhanced playing for Liverpool would only attract plenty interest.

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 6:40pm
I always think that when a young player comes on the scene and they are doing well it is almost easy for them to be confident. The real test of a young player is how they react when they start making mistakes or in a game where things just aren't happening for them. His first real mistake for Ireland came when he fouled the Qatar fella outside the box. But to his credit he stayed positive and kept coming off his line and moving well away from his goal at times to be available for a pass back. 

Hard not to be impressed. 

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 2:27am
A story going around that a big Italian club were sniffing around Bazunu last summer. 

-------------

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 2:08pm
Dropped to the bench.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:27pm
Feck sake we all raving about him then he is dropped to the bench. FML this has been a painful year

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:44pm
Might be a case that they need to plan for like post Bazunu, I suspect there may be some additional interest in him from the championship perhaps.

Or maybe we're looking at him with desperately green tinted glasses.

Posted By: irishmufc
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Feck sake we all raving about him then he is dropped to the bench. FML this has been a painful year

LOLLOLLOL

I think it's fookin hilarious at this stage tbh. What a year it's been and we still have two annihilations at the hands of Portugal to look forward too. CryLOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

I wouldn’t be too worried it’s the end of the season he’s got plenty reference experience. It’s job done for the lad in that sense.

I just nearly wanted to shake him after seeing what he did Friday against Portsmouth. Not even poor just arrogant.  Beyond senseless and I’m not shocked the manager under pressure has dropped him as it technically cost them a point. 

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

I think it's fookin hilarious at this stage tbh. What a year it's been and we still have two annihilations at the hands of Portugal to look forward too. CryLOL

Everything and anything has gone wrong for us this year. Omobamidele after putting in a Man Of The Match performance on debut to have that deflection I think summed it up. Even when it’s going rosey you just know it will go awry it’s inevitable.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm

"FML" because a young fella was dropped for his football team.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's more that it just feels like everything  is going wrong for us when it comes to Ireland. Like I looked at the score and see 'oh 0-0, no goals for Troy but at least Bazunu got a clean sheet' but on closer look No, OH NO don't get your hopes up just yet, you can't have this one, Bazunu didn't play. It's one thing after another 

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:52pm

It's more that it just feels like everything  is going wrong for us when it comes to Ireland. Like I looked at the score and see 'oh 0-0, no goals for Troy but at least Bazunu got a clean sheet' but on closer look No, OH NO don't get your hopes up just yet, you can't have this one, Bazunu didn't play. It's one thing after another 

Eoghan O'Connell got a clean sheet at least. We can take a crumb of comfort from that.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:13am

Have you thought about giving football up for a while? I know it is important to a lot of us, but getting any sort of emotional reaction to whether a young lad plays or not is a bit worrying. I know football results take on more significance when my mental health isn't great, so I hope you're alright. There's just something slightly worrying about those posts. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:15am
what does FML mean ? 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

what does FML mean ? 
'f**k my life'. It is quite irritating in itself.LOL

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:22am

Thoughts and prayers with the lads struggling with the news of Bazunu being dropped. We’re with you! Keep the head up 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 12:26pm

what does FML mean ? 

Jesus Christ.  Sounds like an overly dramatic teenager from Beverley Hills 90210 would say. 

I get the impression it’s from same school that brought us the misuse of words/phrases like what got Tony Cascarino into trouble. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 12:39pm

what does FML mean ? 

Jesus Christ.  Sounds like an overly dramatic teenager from Beverley Hills 90210 would say. 

I get the impression it’s from same school that brought us the misuse of words/phrases like what got Tony Cascarino into trouble. 

It's a jokey abbreviation, lads, I wouldn't be taking it so seriously. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm
I have only heard it being used by kids though, so would assume it carried a bit more weight when used by an adult? Apologies if wrong.

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

what does FML mean ? 

It's a jokey abbreviation, lads, I wouldn't be taking it so seriously. 

Plus one! Everyone quick to cast judgment for a throwaway comment

Turns out he was rested anyway, not dropped

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:42pm

I have only heard it being used by kids though, so would assume it carried a bit more weight when used by an adult? Apologies if wrong.

Feic that PRe Madonna don’t back down 😀😀. 

It’s the language and vernacular of gobsh*tes. 

TMI, FML, OMG, ROFL.  Bad enough with teenagers but grown adults, gobsh*tes. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:44pm
Did the Rochdale manager explain his rational behind dropping Bazunu. You'd think after the international break he'd have been coming back to the club full of confidence. Seems an odd time to make a change like that 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Did the Rochdale manager explain his rational behind dropping Bazunu. You'd think after the international break he'd have been coming back to the club full of confidence. Seems an odd time to make a change like that 

Might be planning for future? Rochdale are very likely to be relegated and unlikely to keep Baz for another season? 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:57pm

Yes, said he was resting him

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:01pm

Feic that PRe Madonna don’t back down 😀😀. 

It’s the language and vernacular of gobsh*tes. 

TMI, FML, OMG, ROFL.  Bad enough with teenagers but grown adults, gobsh*tes. 
They should all be on a register.LOL

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:16pm
And grown men using emojis too! Ffs, lol! LOL

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

No, Hotlips said he was dropped so he was dropped.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

No, Hotlips said he was dropped so he was dropped.

My mistake.

-------------

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:44pm

Rochdale played on Good Friday (post int break) and Bazunu made mistake that lead to defeat.  I would say he's a lot more dropped than he is rested.  Next team selection will tell.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:47pm

Afterwards, Rochdale boss Brian Barry-Murphy explained his decision to leave Bazunu out, with the Corkman clarifying that his omission wasn’t performance-related.

Bazunu played in last Friday’s 2-1 defeat to Portsmouth, which was his third outing in seven days. The Dubliner had just returned from international duty, having earned his first senior caps in Ireland’s games against Luxembourg and Qatar.

“I was very conscious of the fact that for a few weeks I’ve been desperate to give Gavin a breather,” Barry-Murphy told Rochdale AFC’s official website.

“He didn’t get the international break and he’s had a very intense block of games – and there’s an amount travelling involved too. It’s been on my mind for a while and, if I’m being honest, Friday at Portsmouth was where I was seriously considering it, but I asked him to go again.”

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:06pm
Do goalkeepers need to be rested? Really? 

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:23pm
I would say yes, 19 year old keepers anyway. More for mental than physical reasons though. As a keeper you have to follow every single play in the game, often from 80+ yards away when the ball is up the other end of the field, because it just takes one long punt downfield and you have a split second decision to make whether to leave your box to try to intercept it or stay put. 

Good keepers are constantly organising their defence as well, making sure there is cover if a full back bombs forward etc. I watched Given do this kind of thing a lot for Ireland back in the Croke Park years because my tickets were always in the same place at the edge of the Hill 16 penalty area. He was excellent at a lot of things you'd never normally notice during a game. There's a lot more to keeping than just saving shots, coming for crosses and playing out from the back.

Posted By: Landsdowne90
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 4:04pm
I’d say tis the mind more than the physical....

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

I’d say tis the mind more than the physical....

His mind needs a rest from 90mins a week?... no way, you can play your first team goalkeeper every game for 10 seasons without a rest. If anything it keeps the mind sharp.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:06pm
On the bench again.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:07pm
The curse of the Irish jersey....

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On the bench again.
So that’s McCleans & Bazunus careers that Kenny has f**ked 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:27pm
They kept a clean sheet last week hence naturally he was kept on the bench. 

He’s at the tail end of the season so job done he’s got his 30 plus games his experience etc. He’s a seriously lucky boy that’s the case and getting put on the bench might actually be no harm in waking him up to his mistake against Portsmouth. It was crazy.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:32pm
It was a bit sloppy, not crazy. 

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:34pm
Getting 30 odd games at his stage of his career isn't too bad. Be nice to see him go out on loan to a Championship team next season

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:40pm

It was a bit sloppy, not crazy. 

Il meet you halfway so. It was definitely worse then a bit sloppy. If he was closed down under pressure fair enough but he was under none it was casual. While Portsmouth did have work to do to score after it was costly. 

I have huge time for Bazunu don’t get me wrong and his job is done as regards he’s got his game time/experience. It actually might be no harm for him to see the consequence of a mistake like that either. A harsh learning curve for him.  

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:46pm
The overreaction and hyperbole is part of what makes football hard to follow now. A young goalkeeper makes a mistake and it has to be 'crazy' and discussed for weeks.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:58pm
Not sure he'll get a Championship loan next season. League 1 again, although maybe a better League 1 team, or Eredivisie might be options. City have a link up with an Eredivisie club - Breda I think.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Not sure he'll get a Championship loan next season. League 1 again, although maybe a better League 1 team, or Eredivisie might be options. City have a link up with an Eredivisie club - Breda I think.

Kelleher was supposed to move to an Eredivisie team on loan at the start of the season but it fell through at the last moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:10pm

The overreaction and hyperbole is part of what makes football hard to follow now. A young goalkeeper makes a mistake and it has to be 'crazy' and discussed for weeks.

How is it an overreaction. The manager has put him on the bench for this essentially has he overreacting too?? 

I am saying it’s really not a major concern long term as he’s his game time and experience got anyways.

Where do you think he will end up next season while we are on the subject? I’d be quite happy to see him back at another League 1 club. He’s no rush a while. 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Kelleher was supposed to move to an Eredivisie team on loan at the start of the season but it fell through at the last moment.

Kelleher was meant to move indeed only for Alisson getting injured. Lijnder Klopp Dutch assistant had his finger prints all over that. 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:57pm

You seem quite sure he won't move on a level in club football. Why is that? Why don't you think he'll get a Championship move? Please elaborate using facts and maybe the odd opinion here and there to support this assertion. 

Posted By: GaretFarellysNutSack
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:02pm

We have nothing else to talk about when it comes to Irish players because they're doing f*ck all!

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

We have nothing else to talk about when it comes to Irish players because they're doing f*ck all!
That probably doesn't help!

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm

You seem quite sure he won't move on a level in club football. Why is that? Why don't you think he'll get a Championship move? Please elaborate using facts and maybe the odd opinion here and there to support this assertion. 

Why would I do that - it's a forum for opinions after all? But he has lost his place in the worst team in League 1 and he's only just turned 19 so I don't see a line of Championship clubs lining up for next season. 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm

Why would I do that - it's a forum for opinions after all? But he has lost his place in the worst team in League 1 and he's only just turned 19 so I don't see a line of Championship clubs lining up for next season. 

Lost his place? The other keeper kept a clean sheet filling in to give Bazunu a rest. And whether they are the worst team or not is irrelevant too. The only reasonable point here is that he is 19 because it is a fact. Whether the stops a Championship coming in for him, I really don't know. 

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm

Lost his place? The other keeper kept a clean sheet filling in to give Bazunu a rest. And whether they are the worst team or not is irrelevant too. The only reasonable point here is that he is 19 because it is a fact. Whether the stops a Championship coming in for him, I really don't know. 

You do know that it isn't that important?

-------------

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:29pm
next season will most likely be another loan move - to a club that meet city’s criteria for his development - championship would seem a step up but the loaning club would need to have a position that meets city’s needs - so I doubt too many options will be available - same again next year would be most likely. He’s still very young.

Posted By: IrishCanadian
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:51pm

Another fact is he concedes goals at the quickest rate of any starting keeper in League One. 

Keepers who concede left and right in League One usually isn’t an attribute Championship clubs look for. 

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
Bazunu's replacement with an absolute clanger there. Crucial goal as well, Rochdale were winning in a massive game for them in terms of relegation.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
The keeper has since given away a penalty with a really poor challenge but then saved the pen.

Not sure he's any upgrade on Bazunu but they'll probably stick with him to the end of the season from here.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
Not directly relevant, but Wimbledon’s left back is Alec Guinness’s great grandson!

Like i said, not directly relevant ...

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Not directly relevant, but Wimbledon’s left back is Alec Guinness’s great grandson!

Like i said, not directly relevant ...

These are not the forums you're looking for...

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:58pm
He'll have learned alot from this year and it'll definitely have brought him on loads. The international breakthrough a massive bonus, even if he hasn't played a club game since. For a 19 year old goalkeeper, he's played a lot of first team games already.

If he could get a loan move to a decent European league next year, it will bring him on again 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
I see City had a keeper younger than Bazunu on the bench tonight. You don't want to stay away from a club like City too long, there will always be someone good coming along to take your place. After a year of first team experience it might be worthwhile for Gavin to spend at least a few months back at city, maybe try and fight for the bench spot before going on loan again.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:36pm

I see City had a keeper younger than Bazunu on the bench tonight. You don't want to stay away from a club like City too long, there will always be someone good coming along to take your place. After a year of first team experience it might be worthwhile for Gavin to spend at least a few months back at city, maybe try and fight for the bench spot before going on loan again.

Yeah, James Trafford he's called. Young Trafford. 

Not to be confused with Old Trafford who doesn't appear at all on CL nights

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, James Trafford he's called. Young Trafford. 

Not to be confused with Old Trafford who doesn't appear at all on CL nights
LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 10:36am
Portsmouth and Burton reported to be the two clubs in for Bazunu for next season. Portsmouth more likely to be fighting for promotion, but as a keeper he might get more experience in a way at Burton. Both League 1 anyway. City would presumably demand that he is first choice for a certain minimum number of games regardless of where he goes.

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
He was meant to be training with City once or twice a week so they could monitor progress and expose him to a high level training environment while he was with Rochdale but Covid restrictions ruled that out. 

If they're looking for a similar arrangement, then Burton might be the most likely option. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:45pm
MacGillivray will probably move on from Portsmouth and I suspect may even sneak a Championship move. With that in mind Bazunu if going to Portsmouth would be very much No.1. Either team would be lovely for him rumours Bonham will be snapped up from Gillingham too that would be another nice club. 

I’d rather see the likes of Bazunu and Parrott stay in League 1 next season as opposed to moving up too high. They will be 19 for most of next season Bazunu is still fierce young for a keeper. 

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:27am
watching him in the last few games for Ireland..... is he small for a keeper ....or just far away????

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

watching him in the last few games for Ireland..... is he small for a keeper ....or just far away????

He's 6'2 but considering he's only just turned 19 would imagine that won't be his final height.

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:39am

He's 6'2 but considering he's only just turned 19 would imagine that won't be his final height.

It says that on wikipedia, but kelleher came on and looked way way bigger than him, so I would say its inaccurate 

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

It says that on wikipedia, but kelleher came on and looked way way bigger than him, so I would say its inaccurate 

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/player/888845505" rel="nofollow - https://www.fai.ie/ireland/player/888845505

He's also listed as 6'2 (189cms) on the FAI website.

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 10:37am

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/player/888845505" rel="nofollow - https://www.fai.ie/ireland/player/888845505

He's also listed as 6'2 (189cms) on the FAI website.

Kellaher only listed at 188cm, and no way he is smaller, watch the Hungary game when they swap.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:45pm
I'd say he's probably 6'1 or 6'2 alright. He's 19 now so unlikely to grow any more. Don't see much height difference between him and Kelleher, or Randolph for that matter. Kelleher is possibly a bit slimmer which maybe makes him look taller. I'd say they all have an inch or two on Given. Travers is noticeably taller than all of them though.

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 6:21pm
I always thought the opposite, I think Bazunu looks like a much bigger presence in goals than Keller so it's interesting to see they are almost the same height. 

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:05pm
Set to join Portsmouth on loan: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ireland-goalkeeper-gavin-bazunu-joins-portsmouth-on-loan-1.4607886" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ireland-goalkeeper-gavin-bazunu-joins-portsmouth-on-loan-1.4607886 .

-------------

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 8:41pm
Should be a good move for him, seems he is competing for no1 rather than guaranteed but I imagine City will want assurances of a certain amount of gametime for their assets.

I think Gavin is the real deal personally. I've never been hugely convinced by Kelleher who is several years older.

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 11:01pm
Disappointing to see him on the bench today

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net