You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 107>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

fans forum tonight Martin said he had full faith in Baz and he reckons he will become a top keeper. Will be going nowhere and he is number 1 moving forward
Dreaded vote of confidence? He needs a few clean sheets soon.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

fans forum tonight Martin said he had full faith in Baz and he reckons he will become a top keeper. Will be going nowhere and he is number 1 moving forward
Far from a dreaded vote of confidence 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:26pm
Great defence of Bazunu, managed to make the guy asking the question look like an idiot and turned the rest of the audience against him inside 10 seconds there.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Fair play to Martin, great to hear and I'm sure will do Bazunu the world of good also. Nice to hear him acknowledge the lads he has in front of him when it comes to goals he can do nothing about.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:35pm

That’s great to see. Martin is an excellent coach, obviously a great man manager too 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

That’s great to see. Martin is an excellent coach, obviously a great man manager too 
I've been really impressed with him so far
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 6:41am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Great defence of Bazunu, managed to make the guy asking the question look like an idiot and turned the rest of the audience against him inside 10 seconds there.

Yeah, and the guy asking the question referenced a few other positions but Martin wanted to specifically respond to the goalkeeper point in there. 

Great defence of Bazunu and also great to hear the manager call out those in front of him. I'm not saying Bazunu wasn't culpable for goals last season but the defence was absolutely dreadful in front of him and contributed heavily to his getting dropped. 

There was also a point there where Martin refers to Bazunu as an "asset" and what he can be for them "financially" which I assume refers to his resale value which they obviously fancy to be high. Interesting to hear him openly say that. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Nothing he could do about any of them today per the Norwich commentary. Only saw the third, loopong header into the far corner from a completely unmarked player.
Jonathan Rowe is left totally unmarked on his own in the box and sends a floating header drifting passed the Saints keeper Gavin Bazunu who is rooted to the spot.

You have to try and make a save though 
He went full length to try and save that header. My issue would be with the first goal. Chipped cross in and the header is from inside the six yard box. He didn’t need to cover the near post as much as he did. That’s probably being a bit harsh but if you get beaten off a chipped cross into the six yard box then a goalkeeper has to be looked at as part of the stopping of that type of goal in the future. He is going to get a lot of testing in this league so let’s see what happens over the next few months. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 1:42pm
No chance for the goal there. Unfortunate slip from Manning led to the ball being squared to an unmarked Ryan Hardie 6 yards or so from goal.

Edited by SeaSharp - 19 Aug 2023 at 1:42pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

No chance for the goal there. Unfortunate slip from Manning led to the ball being squared to an unmarked Ryan Hardie 6 yards or so from goal.

Haven't seen it but no doubt he will get the blame 

Edited by doherty - 19 Aug 2023 at 1:47pm
I love beer gardens
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 2:07pm
The worry I'd have with Bazunu is not about his ability, but that Southampton fans have already made their minds up on him. Didn't help that he went there via rivals Portsmouth, then that he was behind the worst defence in the Premier League last season. Then when it's a team that expects to be in the EPL and isn't, anything other than a win every week is a supposed disaster that leads to scapegoating. It can be hard to turn around a situation where the supporters just don't back you. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 2:40pm
Did well today and a win will keep him out of the limelight, as it should be as he did everything just fine with no drama.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 2:45pm
Caught the last 10 mins of the game. Southampton proper stole it but Bazunu was exceptional late on in the game commanding his area a number of decisive punches etc. 

Good start for them considering their weaknesses. Badly need superior CBs in. 

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Aug 2023 at 2:45pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 3:21pm
His stint at Southampton, however long that is, will not define his career. Baz is top drawer ..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 4:20pm
Had a good game Saturday again. Pulled off some fine saves which is important. “Modern keeping” stats 2nd to none as ever but pulling off a few saves now too. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Had a good game Saturday again. Pulled off some fine saves which is important. “Modern keeping” stats 2nd to none as ever but pulling off a few saves now too. 

I dont put too much stock in them and I dont want to be "that" guy, but his whoscored rating after 4 games is a pretty poor 6.41 (16th of the 26 GKs ranked in the Championship to date)

Travers 3rd of 26 with a 6.96 rating.

Edited by John Nice - 28 Aug 2023 at 4:38pm
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I dont put too much stock in them and I dont want to be "that" guy, but his whoscored rating after 4 games is a pretty poor 6.41 (16th of the 26 GKs ranked in the Championship to date)

Hardly surprising given the first few games when pretty much every shot on target ended in a goal (even though he couldn't have saved any of them).
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Stat man John back again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 107>
  Share Topic