You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 107>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

How was he for the goal?

He had no chance. His distribution has been very good but has hardly had a save to make.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Southampton will waltz this league.....free money

They should be in a position to do a Burnley on it but clueless ownership is  a big issue imo! 

Still haven’t got in ball playing CBs and a striker. If they got Piroe and said CBs they’d have a chance. 

Very very tough league this year compared to last imo. Playoffs would be decent for them.

You think? Middlesborough aside I think it lacks depth outside of the 3 relegated teams. 

I can’t have Leicester personally would prefer Leeds and Soton. Southampton are the best placed of the 3 to do a Burnley but ownership is a potential issue for me. Not convinced by how they are handling things and they embarrassed the club last year with how they ran it. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Aug 2023 at 10:16pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 4:23am
3 point cushionCool
It would damage this forums' reputation
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 3:51pm
Bazunu has conceded 4 goals from 4 shots on target across a game and a half so far this season.

None of the goals have been his fault but the Southampton fans are already blaming him on Twitter...

On the other hand, it's typical that Idah is dropped for an open ended goal fest after scoring last week.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 3:56pm
Nothing he could do about any of them today per the Norwich commentary. Only saw the third, loopong header into the far corner from a completely unmarked player.
We're decent enough..
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 4:07pm
We know how good Bazunu is on his day. Swap Ederson and him right now. You can be guaranteed it wouldn't be long before Southampton fans would have him shipped out the door too. If he's at the elete level, a Goalkeeper is there to make THAT difference, assuming they concede few chances. It's not their job to be superman. 

A sh!te defence is a sh!te defence. End of. Southampton would make any goalkeeper look substantially worse than they actually are. It's a thankless position on the pitch. 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 4:16pm
Bazunu isn't flawless by any means but he's continuing to get next to no support from his centre backs, that's why they finished last last year and why they're conceding so many now. They have to get that sorted before the window closes.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Nothing he could do about any of them today per the Norwich commentary. Only saw the third, loopong header into the far corner from a completely unmarked player.
Jonathan Rowe is left totally unmarked on his own in the box and sends a floating header drifting passed the Saints keeper Gavin Bazunu who is rooted to the spot.

You have to try and make a save though 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 4:37pm
Trust me, he wasn't saving that one.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jonathan Rowe is left totally unmarked on his own in the box and sends a floating header drifting passed the Saints keeper Gavin Bazunu who is rooted to the spot.

You have to try and make a save though 

That's simply inaccurate, he made a full length attempt to save the header. Did you see the goal?

Edited by The O'Shea - 12 Aug 2023 at 4:56pm
We're decent enough..
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 5:16pm
Yeah I feel for Bazunu...Everything just seems to be going in at the moment. Not at fault for any of them. Smallbone was class today, really coming of age. Manning disappointing, and then gifted Norwich what looked to be a winner. Don't think Duffy has a future in Green. Springett looked lively when he came on
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Yeah I feel for Bazunu...Everything just seems to be going in at the moment. Not at fault for any of them. Smallbone was class today, really coming of age. Manning disappointing, and then gifted Norwich what looked to be a winner. Don't think Duffy has a future in Green. Springett looked lively when he came on

Was he playing the deeper role again today?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 8:12am
https://youtu.be/lWiOW8twBKU ;

Nor v Sou.
He's not saving them. Makes a good smother a 3 3. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Was he playing the deeper role again today?

Yep... Played some nice penetrating passes though. I had my doubts about his effectiveness but he's been really good so far
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 8:54pm
Only seen the highlights this morning but Bazanu had no chance for any of the goals from what I seen.  

Would mirror Bronze's take on Duffy's future in green. Has cost his side goals in the first two league matches and might be better served dropping down a division. He just hasn't played enough in the last couple of years amd it's showing. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 2:20pm
It's a a shame to see Bazunu struggle to get clean sheets. Maybe with his confidence so low it might be fair to say that his hands are gone?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

It's a a shame to see Bazunu struggle to get clean sheets. Maybe with his confidence so low it might be fair to say that his hands are gone?

I am still hopeful Bazunu will be okay as he is essential to Russel Martins way of playing. He pulled off a marvellous save in the Norwich game too so it’s not as if his shot stopping is completely shot! As for the goals not much he could have done for any of them. 

It seems to be a constant issue with goalkeepers at Soton. Ironically Gunn his opposite number Saturday is only showing signs of resurrecting his career recently after Southampton made complete sh*t of him and he looking like a right prospect prior. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 9:32pm
fans forum tonight Martin said he had full faith in Baz and he reckons he will become a top keeper. Will be going nowhere and he is number 1 moving forward
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 107>
  Share Topic