You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 107>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

He made a bit of a howler in a friendly v Reading and got stick for it.  McCarthy played the next game I think but literally passed the ball to a forward for a goal.  I think given Martin likes to play it out from the back, the latter would be a bigger sin than the former.  He can't have a goalie uncomfortable with his feet so Gav should be ok.  But he needs to cut out the stupid ones.  If McCarthy gets in ahead of him for the start of the season it would be a disaster.  As a goalie you never know when you are going to get back in.

If Gav did lose out to McCarthy, and if Kelleher doesn't get a move (is he trying?  Lack of even rumour is startling) then Mark Travers may yet get a look in nationally.  If Gav knuckles down though it shouldn't come to that.
I would say there is next to no chance McCarthy starts the first game of the season. Concern would be if Bazunu starts poorly and Martin looks to bring in a new GK. Have seen a lot of fans on SM saying that the club need to go out and get one. Gav will have to silence them.

Southampton fans are definitely up there as the most clueless hysterical set of fans on earth who seem to think despite going through 34 players about 4 different managers and a clueless board it’s all down to there keepers! Zero sympathy for them as a club where they are. 

They can afford to worry about getting a new goalkeeper when they actually get in some actual ball playing CBs a decent striker which can’t be done because there clueless board are still pissing about looking for fees they ain’t getting such as £50m for Ward Prowse. 

Id be worrying about other issues beyond the keepers. 

Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

He made a bit of a howler in a friendly v Reading and got stick for it.  McCarthy played the next game I think but literally passed the ball to a forward for a goal.  I think given Martin likes to play it out from the back, the latter would be a bigger sin than the former.  He can't have a goalie uncomfortable with his feet so Gav should be ok.  But he needs to cut out the stupid ones.  If McCarthy gets in ahead of him for the start of the season it would be a disaster.  As a goalie you never know when you are going to get back in.

If Gav did lose out to McCarthy, and if Kelleher doesn't get a move (is he trying?  Lack of even rumour is startling) then Mark Travers may yet get a look in nationally.  If Gav knuckles down though it shouldn't come to that.
I would say there is next to no chance McCarthy starts the first game of the season. Concern would be if Bazunu starts poorly and Martin looks to bring in a new GK. Have seen a lot of fans on SM saying that the club need to go out and get one. Gav will have to silence them.

Bazunu being a former Portsmouth loanee seems to have caused a bit of an agenda.

In some ways, I'd like to see him move on and do well elsewhere.

There’s absolutely no doubt Bazunu has displayed strong growing pains in his time there. He was playing fine in the main until they sacked Hassenhuttl. 

Id 100% like to see him move on if he can just somehow keep it together this year and tbh I wasn’t enamoured by Manning going to Southampton either. Was hoping he’d go to Leeds as I see Leeds better placed to go straight back up. 

Think with Southampton your relying on a potentially top notch young coach turning them inside out. 

Edited by kevin100 - 31 Jul 2023 at 5:38pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 5:53pm

Bazunu being a former Portsmouth loanee seems to have caused a bit of an agenda.

Nah I disagree with that. It's more to do with him playing poorly. I hope and believe that he'll turn it around this season
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Southampton fans are definitely up there as the most clueless hysterical set of fans on earth who seem to think despite going through 34 players about 4 different managers and a clueless board it’s all down to there keepers! Zero sympathy for them as a club where they are. 

They can afford to worry about getting a new goalkeeper when they actually get in some actual ball playing CBs a decent striker which can’t be done because there clueless board are still pissing about looking for fees they ain’t getting such as £50m for Ward Prowse. 

Id be worrying about other issues beyond the keepers. 

You'll find most Saints fans are fairly ok...If you are judging supporters by Twitter or internet forums then they are all clueless and hysterical!! 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 6:24pm

There’s absolutely no doubt Bazunu has displayed strong growing pains in his time there. He was playing fine in the main until they sacked Hassenhuttl. 

Id 100% like to see him move on if he can just somehow keep it together this year and tbh I wasn’t enamoured by Manning going to Southampton either. Was hoping he’d go to Leeds as I see Leeds better placed to go straight back up. 

Think with Southampton your relying on a potentially top notch young coach turning them inside out. 
Saints fans were tolerant until relegation stared them in the face. McCarthy proved no better but that’s no excuse for Bazunu’s poor  season. I pointed out elsewhere that Southampton fans were sick of both (to the chagrin of some semi-illiterate Friday-night drunks) but sadly that’s the case as it stands. In fact there’s even a “What’s to be done about our goalkeeping problem” thread. Baz has a big season ahead because more stumbles at the lower level will not be forgiven. Good luck to him.

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 6:30pm
Will he start tonight?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:01pm
Bazunu, Manning and Smallbone all start for Southampton tonight.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:02pm
Might be watching a bit of Southampton this season when they are on TV if our 3 lads continue to be in the line up.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:05pm
Will be very interesting to see how Bazunu goes in the Championship. This should be his level at this point, he looked far too good for League 1 when at Portsmouth, but clearly not ready for the Premier League last season. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:20pm
Southampton will waltz this league.....free money
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Me arse they will. One of the play off spots at best IMO
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:32pm

They should be in a position to do a Burnley on it but clueless ownership is  a big issue imo! 

Still haven’t got in ball playing CBs and a striker. If they got Piroe and said CBs they’d have a chance. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Aug 2023 at 7:33pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 8:00pm
Three Irish in the Southampton starting XI for the first time in more than three years
https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1687537330729758720
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 8:04pm

They should be in a position to do a Burnley on it but clueless ownership is  a big issue imo! 

Still haven’t got in ball playing CBs and a striker. If they got Piroe and said CBs they’d have a chance. 

Very very tough league this year compared to last imo. Playoffs would be decent for them.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 8:16pm
Currently top of the league with no goals conceded
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 8:27pm
Quality jersey from Southampton this year. Always had nice ones through the years
I love beer gardens
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Currently top of the league with no goals conceded

LOL
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 9:49pm
How was he for the goal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 107>
  Share Topic