You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 107>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Teamtalk wouldn't be considered a credible source

That’s one of about 100 outlets running the story. Just clicked on a random site to copy and share it here and it happened to be that.

Probably is little truth to the story.
How many of them, including teamtalk, are based off this report from footballinsider?
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-turn-attention-to-signing-southampton-star-gavin-bazunu/

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Teamtalk wouldn't be considered a credible source

That’s one of about 100 outlets running the story. Just clicked on a random site to copy and share it here and it happened to be that.

Probably is little truth to the story.
How many of them, including teamtalk, are based off this report from footballinsider?

I met 2 lads a number of years ago who ran the section for a premier league club - They had to have a minimum of 3 stories per day in order to drive clicks and advertising. Didn't matter where the stories came from. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 3:33pm
Hopefully comes back in now after another poor game from McCarthy today.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 3:38pm
I say let McCarthy in goals and hopefully Liverpool add another 9-0 to Southampton's record.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 4:36pm
The most positive thing about this move for Bazunu yet is not playing these last 6 games. Just to make it very obvious he wasn’t the issue in case it needed spelling out. It shouldn’t have needed spelling out but plenty football fans are idiots so it did. 

Same applies to Meslier for Leeds. Class young keeper hung out to dry by a sh*t team. Dropping him never gonna make a blind bit of difference.

He’s still had a full PL season in goal at 20/21 which is gonna really stand to him. What the next move for him is who knows. Staying at Southampton in theory should be perfect for him but I wouldn’t remotely trust Southamptons board to get it right.  

Edited by kevin100 - 21 May 2023 at 4:39pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 5:04pm

The most positive thing about this move for Bazunu yet is not playing these last 6 games. Just to make it very obvious he wasn’t the issue in case it needed spelling out. It shouldn’t have needed spelling out but plenty football fans are idiots so it did. 

Same applies to Meslier for Leeds. Class young keeper hung out to dry by a sh*t team. Dropping him never gonna make a blind bit of difference.

He’s still had a full PL season in goal at 20/21 which is gonna really stand to him. What the next move for him is who knows. Staying at Southampton in theory should be perfect for him but I wouldn’t remotely trust Southamptons board to get it right.  

Bazunu has also made his own mistakes this season irrespective of the sh*te defence sitting in front of him. 

Southampton didn't hang him out to dry when he was deservedly dropped. 

As has already been said this will stand to him and he's still very young especially being a goalie. 

Both Kelleher and Bazunu not seeing enough game time in the last few months is a major concern for us going into the Greece game in a few weeks time. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 5:20pm
Mistakes lead to more mistakes. If the defense in front of you is a rabble, a goalkeepers performance is also likely to be adversely affected. What the last few weeks has definitively shown is that Bazunu was not the issue for Southampton.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Mistakes lead to more mistakes. If the defense in front of you is a rabble, a goalkeepers performance is also likely to be adversely affected. What the last few weeks has definitively shown is that Bazunu was not the issue for Southampton.

Any positions going in the Ministry of Truth? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 7:26pm
Bazunu should take heart from how sh*t they still are without him.

Hopefully Southampton keep a decent group of players and rebuild immediately like Burnley did this season.

A full season of Championship football in winning team wouldn't hurt. He's mainly played in poor teams so far. Portsmouth were decent when he was there. That type of environment is what he needs now.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 9:53pm
baz undoubtedly has serious potential but i think hes a good example of just how tough it is at a young age to be a PL gk. hope he regroups over the summer and comes back stronger. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 10:21pm
Southampton look set to be appointing Swansea manager Russell Martin as their next manager.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

baz undoubtedly has serious potential but i think hes a good example of just how tough it is at a young age to be a PL gk. hope he regroups over the summer and comes back stronger. 

He'll be grand.

Aaron Ramsdale is the perfect example of a young keeper playing first team in football in poor teams but getting vital experience under the belt and coming out the better player for it.

He was 19 when he went on loan to Chesterfield in League Two in 2017/18 season where they got relegated.

2018-19 he went on loan to Wimbledon in League One where they were they stayed up on goal difference.

2019-20 was back at parent club Bournemouth in the Premier League where they were relegated.

In 2020-21 he moved to Sheffield United in the Premier League and again they were relegated.

Compare that to Bazunu,

2020-21 he 18 and on loan in League One with Rochdale, they were relegated.

2021-22 he was on loan at Portsmouth in League One, the finished mid table.

2022-23 moved to Southampton, they were relegated from the Premier League.

Theres no argument hes learning and growing as a player playing at these levels despite the poor calibre of the teams hes playing for.

Another year or two who knows where he'll be.

Edited by Bandwagon - 21 May 2023 at 11:01pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 4:48am

If the defence in front of you is a rabble, a goalkeeper's performance is also likely to be adversely affected.
And vice versa.

What the last few weeks have definitively shown is that Bazunu was not the issue for Southampton: 
A ridiculous statement. He was not the sole issue but he was as bad as anyone else. Southampton were a collective trainwreck and Bazunu was very much part of it.

He can still have an EPL career but his season was awful. Accept it and stop denying the bleedin' obvious in your desperate efforts to coat a sh*te season in sugar. 

Edited by Mr Brick - 22 May 2023 at 7:27am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

If the defence in front of you is a rabble, a goalkeeper's performance is also likely to be adversely affected.
And vice versa.

What the last few weeks have definitively shown is that Bazunu was not the issue for Southampton: 
A ridiculous statement. He was not the sole issue but he was as bad as anyone else. Southampton were a collective trainwreck and Bazunu was very much part of it.

He can still have an EPL career but his season was awful. Accept it and stop denying the bleedin' obvious in your desperate efforts to coat a sh*te season in sugar. 

"He can still have an EPL career". The hysteria on here at times to suggest there is even any possibility that wasn't the case LOL
We're decent enough..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 9:48am

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

And vice versa.

"He can still have an EPL career". The hysteria on here at times to suggest there is even any possibility that wasn't the case LOL
Calm down, Orson.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 10:12am
Roy Keane got relegated with Forest. 

Keane would have been 22 at the time and a lot more influential being a box to box center midfielder.

Keane went into to having a good career.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 10:15am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Keane would have been 22 at the time and a lot more influential being a box to box center midfielder.

I take your point, but it's worth noting that Keane got himself in the PFA team of the year that season. Bazunu would probably find himself closer to being in the worst XI of the year. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Keane's form wasn't a factor in Forest getting relegated. My point above slates the denial (by some) of Bazunu having a poor season and it being probed, dissected and analysed until it morphs into a positive. Like any Irish fan, I hope he goes on to great things but it's certainly not a gimme. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 107>
  Share Topic