You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 107>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 7:09pm
On the bench again tonight - probably backs up the fitness reports as they'd likely start him in a cup game if he was second choice. Only concern would be if the other lad gets a run in the team and does well he might be hard to shift.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

On the bench again tonight - probably backs up the fitness reports as they'd likely start him in a cup game if he was second choice. Only concern would be if the other lad gets a run in the team and does well he might be hard to shift.

Portsmouth have put together a very strong squad so I suspect you will see them win plenty games/go on a winning run. I fancy them strongly to come up myself. 

General consensus from Portsmouth fans is Bazunu won’t be long coming straight back in when fit so hopefully they are right. If not I suspect City won’t hesitate to pull the plug on the loan by November/December. Bazunu even if fit by the weekend may have to sit and suffer for at least a few weeks if Portsmouth are winning and Bass is doing nothing wrong. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 2:11pm
Starts today.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:39pm
Sounds like a fairly handy start for him anyway. Didn't have a huge amount to do, but a clean sheet won't do his prospects of holding on to the starting spot any harm all the same.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Sounds like a fairly handy start for him anyway. Didn't have a huge amount to do, but a clean sheet won't do his prospects of holding on to the starting spot any harm all the same.

He will be the No.1 I wouldn’t remotely doubt that unless he has a few proper nightmares in the coming weeks. Fancy Portsmouth to go up strongly myself the Cowleys gutted the squad kept 9/10 of the real core group and have put together a real good new and improved squad. Will only get better as they gel.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 9:48pm
Bazunu with another Hollywood save tonight - had a good game by all accounts.

Gets better the more you look at it actually, that save. Header was right down into the ground from point blank range.

Edited by You Tell Me - 17 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm
Two clean sheets from his two starts. And there was speculation he wasn't going to be first choice. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 10:24pm

He looks a quality keeper I must say, the reactions to get down to save that were like that of a hungry kitten.

Parrott also looking very good today.

On the negative - Browne and Preston are struggling badly.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 3:06pm
Up to this week, I would have had Kellher in the team for the Prtugal match. Older, more experienced. However Gavin Bazunu seems to be really playing well and if he keeps it up for the few weeks remaining to Portugal match, it's hard to see him not being No.1

Kelleher must be looking on and thinking he made the wrong call to stay at Lpool. He should have gone out on loan and gotten experience for a season.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Up to this week, I would have had Kellher in the team for the Prtugal match. Older, more experienced. However Gavin Bazunu seems to be really playing well and if he keeps it up for the few weeks remaining to Portugal match, it's hard to see him not being No.1

Kelleher must be looking on and thinking he made the wrong call to stay at Lpool. He should have gone out on loan and gotten experience for a season.

I was actually hoping Pool would get Europa for that reason only would have afforded Kelleher those opportunities! It is early days yet mind hes 2nd fiddle to the best but perhaps the most injury prone first choice goalkeeper in the League! We might be having a different conversation in 2/3 months! With a view to September Bazunu will get the nod I feel.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Of course he should have. Playing every week in championship or league 1, would’ve been much better for his progression and for Ireland.

As long as he’s sitting on bench for Liverpool, Bazunu must be number 1
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:00pm
Positive reports again today, and a clean sheet. Looks to have settled in very well.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 3:15pm
He's perfect for the Cowleys/Portsmouth and they are perfect for him! He could put together a big reputation by the end of this season if he keeps hitting the ground running like he has. Still only 19 too it's half mad!

Edited by kevin100 - 23 Aug 2021 at 3:16pm
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 7:00pm
Had a look at the Portsmouth fans forum just to see their thoughts, always think its good to hear opinions of fans who see a player playing week in week out. They seem delighted with him and expected him to keep his place in the team. It was mentioned that if he had weaknesses it was that he dosent come for crosses from the wings and that he is very one footed. But as Kev said there he is only 19 which is hard to believe, especially for a keeper. I was a small bit more imprssed by Kelleher in recent friendlies but he probably has to get the nod ahead of Kelleher seeing as he is getting match experience at the moment. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:28pm
Article in the paper today says that Rovers are due a 6 figure fee from Man City for every full cap GB gets for Ireland up to a limit. Clever work by Rovers people if it's true.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Article in the paper today says that Rovers are due a 6 figure fee from Man City for every full cap GB gets for Ireland up to a limit. Clever work by Rovers people if it's true.

Read that. Every competitive cap but looks like once they hit 1 mill, it's done. Nice bit of work but shame they didnt screw them for more caps. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Great business. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 1:04pm
Beginning to think this guy has a higher ceiling than I first thought. 

19 years old and he played like a seasoned pro in the Portugal game. Not many goalkeepers can say they saved a penalty from one of the best players that ever lived.

With the one exception of the ball to hendrick early on, I thought his distribution was very good. 

He was focused and wasn't troubled by the occasion.

If he becomes man city's number one in a few years I really wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Left foot - 03 Sep 2021 at 1:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 107>
  Share Topic