You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 107>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 4:16am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Really poor for the first one, disappointing. He's really not ready for this level yet, a season in the Championship will do him good.

No it won't. He's had a baptism of fire in the Premier League this year, the highest level in world football at the moment. He's made some mistakes, playing behind the worst defence in the league. This will stand to him massively. He's just turned 21. There aren't many keepers his age playing at this level in the top European leagues. 

Sports Gemma having a drunken cut at him in twitter too I see. 
I agree with the baptism of fire and the challenges of the EPL. But overall he's had a disappointing season with too many mistakes - many for which even the dodgy Southampton defence couldn't be blamed. It's been very tough - but anyone thinking the Championship will ease the pressure is wrong. Southampton will desperately want a Burnley-style return and won't tolerate Bazunu wobbles jeopardising it. It's make or break.
Sponsored Links

DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 11:24am
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 11:43am
It's not the worst thing he's put on Twitter, but that's a particularly low bar to clear
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 11:44am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

It's not the worst thing he's put on Twitter, but that's a particularly low bar to clear

Who is that guy? Is he Irish or English?
I love beer gardens
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 11:56am
Yeah, he's an Irish journalist. Used to work for the independent, where his father was the editor. Lived in Brazil for a while, think he's in Portugal now. 
Thinks he says what everyone else is afraid to, but in reality he's just an asshole with a drinking problem and a social media account

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 16 Apr 2023 at 12:52pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 12:13pm
He really doesn’t like that Dublin are brilliant at Gaelic Football, and Kildare aren’t.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Really poor for the first one, disappointing. He's really not ready for this level yet, a season in the Championship will do him good.

No it won't. He's had a baptism of fire in the Premier League this year, the highest level in world football at the moment. He's made some mistakes, playing behind the worst defence in the league. This will stand to him massively. He's just turned 21. There aren't many keepers his age playing at this level in the top European leagues. 

I agree with the baptism of fire and the challenges of the EPL. But overall he's had a disappointing season with too many mistakes - many for which even the dodgy Southampton defence couldn't be blamed. It's been very tough - but anyone thinking the Championship will ease the pressure is wrong. Southampton will desperately want a Burnley-style return and won't tolerate Bazunu wobbles jeopardising it. It's make or break.

of course they won’t be I think the point is playing down the Championship not every growing pain which is inevitable with a young keeper like Bazunu will prove to be fatal as they will be a superior team in that League on paper. 

It wasn’t great from him yesterday but you will see keepers make booboos like that every week in the League regardless of age or experience. It’s just natural all keepers make little mistakes same as every player. 

Issue is keepers are so ridiculously scrutinised in English football keeper can’t look sideways without being blamed and that’s every keeper. 

Southampton are so inferior to everyone else every little growing pain like that will likely be fatal and will be viewed as such if you couple Southampton being so inferior to everyone with the fact GKs are so strongly scrutinised in England. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 12:31pm

Anything that clown agrees with is invariably nonsense, so I'm happy enough to see he believes that.
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 12:42pm
He’s been on the warpath this week about Biden’s visit. In good company with the Trotskyites and the pirate emoji brigade.
Fireball07 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireball07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 12:58pm

Confidence is such a huge thing for goalkeepers, and I hope that his is not severely dented by this year.

He's had a bad season,  I don't think there's any denying that. He is very young and has potential but it is slightly surprising that Southampton have continued to play him, if only to protect his confidence
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 12:59pm
God that MacKenna bloke is the biggest arsehole on Irish Twitter, and that's saying a lot. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 1:30pm
Playing the man and not the ball is pointless here lads whatever ye think about Ewan Mackenna People Before Profit or whoever else. 

It’s hardly a completely ludicrous take bar the LOI standard part which is very harsh. 

I love Bazunu but he has like Southampton struggled this season.   
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Playing the man and not the ball is pointless here lads whatever ye think about Ewan Mackenna People Before Profit or whoever else. 

It’s hardly a completely ludicrous take bar the LOI standard part which is very harsh. 

The LOI part is the entire gist of the post LOL If you remove that there's nothing else there to consider
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The LOI part is the entire gist of the post LOL If you remove that there's nothing else there to consider

He’s being well paid in a position he’s not ready for is probably a fair point even if its simplistic. Nothing against Bazunu and I do think if he was in a better side at top flight level he would likewise do a lot better. Young players unfortunately are very susceptible to the environment they are in. 

Unfortunately he isn’t. 

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Apr 2023 at 1:38pm
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 1:44pm
He needed to push the ball out of the danger zone, but his defenders didn't do him any favours by just standing there while Eze stroked in the rebound.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 1:53pm

The LOI take is what makes it a ‘hot take’ which is what he likes to do. Making a perfectly legitimate point that Bazunu has had a disappointing season is not controversial, nor will it provoke a reaction. Sadly, in the world of Twitter that won’t suffice. Better to throw in a hot take and get the response. So it’s not really playing the man. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 2:46pm

Yeah, he's an Irish journalist. Used to work for the independent, where his father was the editor. Lived in Brazil for a while, think he's in Portugal now. 
Thinks he says what everyone else is afraid to, but in reality he's just an asshole with a drinking problem and a social media account

Sounds like half of us on here really Nuke
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The LOI take is what makes it a ‘hot take’ which is what he likes to do. Making a perfectly legitimate point that Bazunu has had a disappointing season is not controversial, nor will it provoke a reaction. Sadly, in the world of Twitter that won’t suffice. Better to throw in a hot take and get the response. So it’s not really playing the man. 

That’s exactly it! Barely use twitter anymore due to the absolute clowns on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 107>
  Share Topic