You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 107>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:27pm
Palace's opener today is another he will be a bit disappointed with. Went through him really, got a bit of contact on it with his leg and will be disappointed he didn't get it around for a corner.
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:41pm
Here's a clip - https://streamja.com/51Kn2

Poor enough again, getting worried for him now.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:45pm
Yeah, looking for some mitigation but that's quite poor again TBH.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:54pm
Put it another way, lads, if this was one of our strikers missing this chance, would we be annoyed at that?
1v1 with the keeper, and hits it hard and he didn't get enough behind it.
Not the best, but not a sackable offence.

Edited by Fozz - 07 Jan 2023 at 1:55pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Put it another way, lads, if this was one of our strikers missing this chance, would we be annoyed at that?
1v1 with the keeper, and hits it hard and he didn't get enough behind it.
Not the best, but not a sackable offence.
I mean it was hit pretty much straight at him and it still managed to go into the net. It's not taking good finishes to beat him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:04pm
As a standalone moment it's one he'll be disappointed with, but not a shocker. Edouard gave him a chance with the way he hit it and he probably shouldn't have even had that. The problem is that there have just been too many of those types of goals recently with Bazunu, he's just not saving those 50/50s at the moment for whatever reason.

His opposite number, Guaita, has had a far worse moment since resulting in a goal - Southampton 2-1 up now.

Edited by You Tell Me - 07 Jan 2023 at 2:05pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:16pm
I think were looking at every little detail now for all his goals. Dont think he was especially at fault for that one. Would need to see it from behind the goal but it was close to him so not a whole lot he could do. Cant see of it went through his legs or one side of them.
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:31pm
Had a very good second half! Gav Clap
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:42pm
A one on one put through his legs, as has been said you expect the striker to score that.

It would be interesting to compile a list of goals Travers and Bazunu have conceded this year that no one has tried to blame them for, it would be an improbably short list I'd say. 
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:44pm
You expect the striker to score yeah but it was a poor attempt from Edouard. I think it was savable but would also like to see from behind the goal.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 3:25pm
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:33pm
Needs to be dropped I think. A spell out of the team may do him the world of good but at the minute playing week in week out is no use when conceding soft goals
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Southampton thread makes for grim reading.

The Lincoln goal was AMN’s fault, which made for a horrible situation for any keeper and he come off worst in it. That wasn’t his fault, but could’ve done better. 

Lallana’s goal was a disgrace, for any keeper, at any level.

He hasn’t been solid, by any means. But, a 19/20 yo keeper jumping into the Prem… Hardly going to be all plain sailing, especially when we’re playing as badly as we are. 

I agree he needs dropping, for his own protection more than anything else. GK’s are as much about confidence as they are ability. Problem is, that confidence stems from what you have in front of you. Little wonder he has none. 

Think that above is the most reasonable take on that forum! Tbf that chat started after the nightmare game against Brighton! Im in a Utd twitter group chat and some of the stuff said about De Gea last night was just ridiculous lads going way ott for the first goal although it was his fault! 

I am astonished he hasn’t been dropped although the positive for Gav is they won so it’s hard to justify dropping him the next day off today! 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 9:06pm
He hasn't been dropped because McCarthy is injured and Caballero is 41.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 10:58am
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

EPL goalkeepers ranked by Football365. Not good reading for our boys.

Bazunu is 22 out of 22 and is the youngest keeper on the list. Travers is 21 and he is the third youngest on the list - after Ilan Meslier who is second youngest and who comes in at 19.... Trend?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

EPL goalkeepers ranked by Football365. Not good reading for our boys.

Bazunu is 22 out of 22 and is the youngest keeper on the list. Travers is 21 and he is the third youngest on the list - after Ilan Meslier who is second youngest and who comes in at 19.... Trend?
They're young and with struggling teams - but let's face it, they've had disappointing seasons so far. 

Edited by Mr Brick - 11 Jan 2023 at 11:27am
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 9:09pm
Very little to do in this game so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 107>
  Share Topic