You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 107>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:16pm
It was an incredible save. Has had one or two breaks but overall his first 9 caps couldn't have gone much better. Insane that he's still only 19.
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It was an incredible save. Has had one or two breaks but overall his first 9 caps couldn't have gone much better. Insane that he's still only 19.
And another €100k for the champions..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:18pm

Think he has 10. Wikipedia page is locked and the person in control of editing it refusing to count one of his caps for some reason.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Alex Bass (Star man)

It was a first league start since the opening day of the season for Alex Bass, who replaced the absent Gavin Bazunu. He suffered an injury scare early on but continued to save Joe Jacobson’s first half spot-kick. He did not have many first half saves to make despite a lot of Wycombe pressure. Made some last-ditch saves of real quality in the dying embers, including one that elite goalkeepers would be proud of to deny Sam Vokes. One of many match-winning performances. 9

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/portsmouth-player-ratings-wycombe-harness-6202226.amp

I don't Mr Bass will be keeping his place at the weekend 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm
[QUOTE=Left foot]Just watched the save again from Baz... this guy has such a high ceiling. 

It will take some doing for kelleher or Travers to get anywhere near the No.1 shirt.

Baz has planted a flag where everyone can see it 
[/QUOTE

Until Kelleher goes out any play first team football, he can forget about being Ireland number 1 even if he has a motm performance against the likes of Salford in the league cup in one of his 2 first team matches in 6 months.

Bazunu has balls. Out on loan, playing proper first team football as a teenager. The lad will be playing in the premier league for 15 years
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm

Think he has 10. Wikipedia page is locked and the person in control of editing it refusing to count one of his caps for some reason.

Probably Shay Given
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Probably Shay Given

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm

Probably Shay Given
Whatever do you mean.....must be a tad perturbed seeing Dean Kiely sitting in the dugout
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm

Probably Shay Given

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:26pm
how blessed are we!…it used to be Given,Kelly &Kiely….now it’s Baz,CK&travers….I remember back in the day when packie was on the wane we were wondering where our next number 1 was coming from..step forward Alan kelly who actually wrote to Dave bassatt of Sheffield Utd looking for a chance.. they had Simon Tracey a player Jack courted but proved ineligible..I digress…goalkeeper wise we are in a brilliant position Smile
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 3:55am

Probably Shay Given

Probably planning.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
StuttgartKY View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuttgartKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 7:06am
Don’t think we need to worry about him not starting for Portsmouth, he will be going to a bigger club next season on loan, superstar in the making
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:14am
Would be hoping for a high end Championship club for him next season (or maybe even in January). His level is already clearly much higher than League 1 but at the same time you want him to be playing wherever he goes, so Championship rather than Premier League would probably be the best next move for him.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:09am
I took my green tinted glasses off last night watching the replay of that save but it did not make a difference. Outstanding. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:11am
I wonder would we have got a result If he started away to Serbia 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
probably would have, imagine we could start the same qualifying group now all over again 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:38am
Scratching my head to try and remember a better save by an Ireland keeper. It was really sensational. 

He is looking like a world class shot stopper. 

Still have question marks on his crossing but that will get better anyway. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:40am
https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/1459977609614446595?t=Qv0BEIbFUQ3VliIxjckpJw&s=19

It's the kind of save that, in most games if that goes in, you just think - unlucky deflection, no keeper in the world is saving that. Unbelievable reaction to the deflection to get across to it. I doubt you can even coach that, it's just pure instinctive ability.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 107>
  Share Topic