You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 107>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Not great for the the goals 2 and 3 Southampton conceded. 

LOL
Ah here comes the criticism police LOL
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not great for the the goals 2 and 3 Southampton conceded. 

LOL
Ah here comes the criticism police LOL

Criticise away, just don't be surprised when you're laughed at if it's farcical Thumbs Up
We're decent enough..
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 7:56pm
''You missed Baz - i thought he was probably the best player for us tonight, great clearances and good hands.''

Only thing I can see mentioned about him on the southampton forum from the game. 

Edited by Los Aros - 15 Feb 2024 at 7:56pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 8:02pm
I should have said "FAO O'Shea' Wink

Ah no but seriously I don't love criticising our keepers or our players in general but there are parts of both Bazunu and Kelleher's ability that concern me. 

Mostly around positioning and command of area. I don't yet consider either an absolute safe pair of hands that we don't need to worry about. 

The second goal yesterday from a floated corner into the 6 yard box area but he is nowhere to be seen (even commentator mentioned). 
Third goal was weird as well he was just so far over to one side of the goal that he didn't give himself a chance of saving. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

''You missed Baz - i thought he was probably the best player for us tonight, great clearances and good hands.''

Only thing I can see mentioned about him on the southampton forum from the game. 

I only seen the highlights. He could have had a great game otherwise but the 2nd and 3rd goals think he was a bit in no man's land.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 8:07pm

I should have said "FAO O'Shea' Wink

Ah no but seriously I don't love criticising our keepers or our players in general but there are parts of both Bazunu and Kelleher's ability that concern me. 

Mostly around positioning and command of area. I don't yet consider either an absolute safe pair of hands that we don't need to worry about. 

The second goal yesterday from a floated corner into the 6 yard box area but he is nowhere to be seen (even commentator mentioned). 
Third goal was weird as well he was just so far over to one side of the goal that he didn't give himself a chance of saving. 

My first impressions were he wasn't at fault for the third but on the second his positioning was very poor alright.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 9:41pm
having a good game, and forgive me for sounding like O’Shea but just pulled off a world class save 👏🏻 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

having a good game, and forgive me for sounding like O’Shea but just pulled off a world class save 👏🏻 
LOL
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 10:57pm
10th clean sheet of the season for Gavin.Clap
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 12:08pm
Great save at the end of the highlights tooClap
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 9:37pm
Watching Mark travers tonight, he is having a excellent game. As for Cannon he so far away from an English cap, he been poor tonight and was taken off early enough.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 6:22pm
I do feel for any GK who has to play in goal for Southampton.

They're such an open and attack minded team. It means you're going to face a lot of shots. They basically give up lots of chances while creating multiple ones at the other end.

They're just about getting away with it in The Championship. Next season could be brutal if they get promoted and don't adapt.

He couldn't do anything to stop the 3 Birmingham goals today. His distribution was good.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

I do feel for any GK who has to play in goal for Southampton.

They're such an open and attack minded team. It means you're going to face a lot of shots. They basically give up lots of chances while creating multiple ones at the other end.

They're just about getting away with it in The Championship. Next season could be brutal if they get promoted and don't adapt.

He couldn't do anything to stop the 3 Birmingham goals today. His distribution was good.

Can't see them getting promoted. Think they'll get turned over in the playoffs a la Boro last season when most thought they'd walk the playoffs.
Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:13pm
shocking positioning there
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Celticbhoy32 Celticbhoy32 wrote:

Not much he could have done. Technically his positioning is correct. 

The Swiss made their own wall adjacent to the Irish wall. If he was to go to the end of that wall he'd have been standing to the side of the goal. I'd blame the Irish defenders for allowing the Swiss to make that wall unchallenged. Throw someone in the middle of their wall to create a gap/eyeline for the keeper ffs
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:21pm
Can't fault the keeper there 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The Swiss made their own wall adjacent to the Irish wall. If he was to go to the end of that wall he'd have been standing to the side of the goal. I'd blame the Irish defenders for allowing the Swiss to make that wall unchallenged. Throw someone in the middle of their wall to create a gap/eyeline for the keeper ffs

Agree but doesn't Gav influence/ direct the wall?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Agree but doesn't Gav influence/ direct the wall?
His walls primary job is to block the side to Bazunus left. They're in position. If they move they open up that side and Bazunu can't necessarily direct the Swiss wall can he?

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 107>
  Share Topic