Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 107>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:32pm
Two good saves today especially his reflexive reaction to the shot that he saved onto the post. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 6:43pm
He was very good, but if he had made a mistake this place would be hopping.
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 8:51pm
He has a mistake in him but he's braver than our other goalies and commands the box.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 8:59pm
Thought he was a bit at fault for the Swansea goal
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 1:19pm
Bazunu has been showing a good bit of consistency the past few months. Clocking up the clean sheets.
I really hope Southampton maintain their form and pip one of the automatic promotion spots. It would be great to see Bazunu, Smallbone and Manning in the PL week in week out.

Edited by darman28 - 21 Jan 2024 at 1:19pm
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 10:09pm
Just cutting and pasting this from an article in the Indo today about Kelleher:

"At 25, Kelleher has played 33 senior club games in his career, while current Irish No 1 Gavin Bazunu, who only turns 22 next month, will hit the 150 mark this Saturday."

Have to say: fair play to Bazunu, when put in such stark terms, it really is a credit to him.  Some achievement for a 22 year old goalkeeper.  

Speaks not only to his obvious ability, but to his character too. He will captain Ireland some day. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 30 Jan 2024 at 10:35pm
cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 10:50pm
Bazunu could be a serious contender to Robbie's cap record.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:06pm
he's been very good for Saints this yearđź‘Ź
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Just cutting and pasting this from an article in the Indo today about Kelleher:

"At 25, Kelleher has played 33 senior club games in his career, while current Irish No 1 Gavin Bazunu, who only turns 22 next month, will hit the 150 mark this Saturday."

Have to say: fair play to Bazunu, when put in such stark terms, it really is a credit to him.  Some achievement for a 22 year old goalkeeper.  

Speaks not only to his obvious ability, but to his character too. He will captain Ireland some day. 

Do journalists ever get bored writing the same thing about Kelleher?? Id like him to kick on in the summer obviously but its not changing what’s the point of even talking about this now! 

Kelleher seems to be a constant target for these media outlets/journalists. You don’t see them single out all the players happy to spend their careers down the English lower Leagues showing no ambition or young Irish players getting advised to go into PL academies with no intention of developing them into first team footballers! 

At least Kelleher will have a decent medal collection to show for his troubles with more to add this year! .

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 8:44am
Bazunu is an exception. 

I doubt there are too many players playing as much as him, so the comparison is not realistic. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 10:43am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bazunu is an exception. 

I doubt there are too many players playing as much as him, so the comparison is not realistic. 

Seems to be a general inability to praise one without using it as a little dig at the other in general be it media outlets,social media,forums. We are lucky to have them if your a small country like we are it’s very difficult to find a competent/promising GK. 

Norway and Swedens first choices for the last decade have been Hyland and Olsen who were both back up to Travers at Bournemouth in the Championship. 

Scotland were lucky to get Gunn through eligibility otherwise it’s Kelly for Motherwell. Icelands first choice is currently back up at Cardiff! Look at Wales and NI too. 

Easy to take it for granted. 

Edited by kevin100 - 31 Jan 2024 at 10:44am
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 5:28pm
Another clean sheet for the big Baz today
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

On his 150th club appearance.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:45am
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

On his 150th club appearance.

Fantastic.  That Russell Martin defence of Baz at the beginning of the season has aged very  well. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:10am
He's 4th for clean sheets in the Championship currently and looking at Southampton's form that's likely to improve further. I would say the chances are fairly good he'll be back in the EPL next season one way or another.
We're decent enough..
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:52am
Gav is a class keeper. He's gonna have a great career.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 5:40pm
Not great for the the goals 2 and 3 Southampton conceded. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Not great for the the goals 2 and 3 Southampton conceded. 

LOL
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 107>
  Share Topic