Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 107>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Just watched the goal a few times there. Can't see what bazunu did wrong, yer man out muscled him/ possible foul on the keeper too. Not too sure what you lads expected him to do here. 

Ah Drog come off it! He should be doing a lot better.
Sponsored Links

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 11:19am
Just watched the goal a few times there. Can't see what bazunu did wrong, yer man out muscled him/ possible foul on the keeper too. Not too sure what you lads expected him to do here. 
Chips don't bounce
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 12:44am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Yah no excusing that. Confidence must be shot and could probably do with being benched tbh. 
Steady on, it’s first proper game in over a month. Everyone makes mistakes.

Nah, forget about him. He's a failure like every other young Irish player who isn't faultless from the age of 12.

Edited by The O'Shea - 21 Dec 2022 at 12:45am
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Yah no excusing that. Confidence must be shot and could probably do with being benched tbh. 

Yup his positioning was poor but it would be a help to have even a basic defence in front of him or players that could defend properly! Niles is the main culprit in that situation not Bazunu that attempt at a clearance was a shambles if he can do the bare minimum basic expected of a defender and clear the ball there’s no issue! 

Do get the impression fans have really turned on him until I see the goal I just thought it exclusively a Bazunu howler going by commentary on Twitter from Southampton fans. The defender who shanked his clearance into the direction of the net didn’t get half the flack!!

I’m expecting him to get dropped in the coming weeks as it’s just the easy thing for the manager to do! He has been very green and is part of the problem but he’s not the only problem they have been a shambles defensively anytime I have watched him! 

Bar hes playing in “the Prem” there hasn’t been any positives it’s certainly not been good for his confidence!!

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Dec 2022 at 11:59pm
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 11:24pm
That’s 2 errors in 2 games under Jones. His place is under pressure. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 11:06pm

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

This is very poor from Gav Confused

Kenny's Kids claiming it's a Paudie O'Connor goal. LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:23pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:17pm
Bad error for Lincoln’s opener there 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:15pm
This is very poor from Gav Confused

Edited by SeaSharp - 20 Dec 2022 at 8:17pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

I keep hearing he “lacks confidence”. How are people measuring that? It’s such a lazy nonsense comment. His performances reflect his ability, v little else. This is his current level. He’s not make massive errors, possibly a little leaden footed at times. Enough to drop him? I don’t think so.

Based on that he looks a bit more nervous and making mistakes. 

If it it was a qualifier next game then I would say no he keeps his place but this is a second friendly against a lower side and we should be rewarding Kelleher who has looking good when playing for us too and is not far behind
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 5:15pm
I keep hearing he “lacks confidence”. How are people measuring that? It’s such a lazy nonsense comment. His performances reflect his ability, v little else. This is his current level. He’s not make massive errors, possibly a little leaden footed at times. Enough to drop him? I don’t think so.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:36am
Thought he had a overall decent game, what annoyed me was some of the centre backs passing it back to him when a pass into midfield was available.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:18am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Kelleher get the full game vs Malta. Bazunu seems to be lacking in a bit of confidence. 
Agree Kelleher deserves a run

I like Kelleher and don't think he's miles off Bazunu but he deserves a run based on what? At least Travers is playing quite regularly. Bazunu did look shaky in the first half and I think a potential clean sheet against Malta would be good for him. 
It’s not a case of dropping Bazunu, these are friendlies and he’s a very good young goalkeeper and it’s exactly these sort of fixtures that he should be given game time. I think Kelleher is a superior keeper to Travers even if he’s on the bench 99% of the time. 

I don't disagree about him looking better than Travers tbf
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Kelleher get the full game vs Malta. Bazunu seems to be lacking in a bit of confidence. 

I like Kelleher and don't think he's miles off Bazunu but he deserves a run based on what? At least Travers is playing quite regularly. Bazunu did look shaky in the first half and I think a potential clean sheet against Malta would be good for him. 
It’s not a case of dropping Bazunu, these are friendlies and he’s a very good young goalkeeper and it’s exactly these sort of fixtures that he should be given game time. I think Kelleher is a superior keeper to Travers even if he’s on the bench 99% of the time. 

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Nov 2022 at 10:17am
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:53am

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:30am

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:17am
His kicking was poor in the 1st half. He settled down after HT.

One good save and a good low claim after leaving his line to sweep up the danger.

His passing accuracy was 74% overall. 6 out of 13 long balls completed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 107>
  Share Topic